The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » INSIDER by Marck Oberon ("To the point, natural and 100% sure fire.." -Colin McLeod) (117 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
5484 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On May 8, 2021, Mark_Chandaue wrote:
Received mine last week and I absolutely love it. Very practical and very deceptive.

Mark Smile

Agree Mark! I just got mine yesterday and absolutely LOVE it! Definitely one of my most favorite peek methods. Not to mention probably one of the most organic and natural as well!
Blaylock
View Profile
New user
London
4 Posts

Profile of Blaylock
Whilst this is clearly a cleverly made gimmick, it would not be used by top mentalists such as myself.
Asking a spectator to write down their thoughts and then hand them back to you is very 1970s. You under estimate modern audiences if you think you're fooling them by doing this.
If I do ask them to write down their thoughts (mostly I don't), I leave it in their hands - I never touch it. Yes the techniques to achieve this are advanced but whoever said convincing mentalism was easy?
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
4918 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Yeah right Blaylock, funniest post I have heard for a long time Gaz 😂😂
goldeneye007
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1945 Posts

Profile of goldeneye007
Also, Marc Oberon is clearly not a top performing mentalist! Smile
Ben
Blaylock
View Profile
New user
London
4 Posts

Profile of Blaylock
Glad you enjoyed it Gaz, but I fail to see what's so funny.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
4918 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Quote:
On Jul 6, 2021, Blaylock wrote:
Glad you enjoyed it Gaz, but I fail to see what's so funny.

Well you are not much of a mentalist then that’s all I can say lol Gaz 😂😂 ps your audience of the modern era maybe you should ask them
Blaylock
View Profile
New user
London
4 Posts

Profile of Blaylock
@Gaz One doesn't need to be a mentalist to guess that an idiot would come up with that old line.
You're obviously not interested in a serious discussion so I will leave you to your audiences who I'm sure are enthralled by your razor sharp wit and Ali Bongo magic.

@GoldenEye - when I first saw this effect I wasn't sure exactly how it was done but it had to be a peek (why else have the thoughts written down) and it was obvious that the stack of cards were gimmicked in some way (it doesn't matter how cleverly).
It would be obvious to an intelligent layman too.
Therefore it is not convincing mentalism. I wouldn't touch it. Just my opinion. All the best. I am Blaylock.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
4918 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
4.0 on post likes to us and zero to you.
Reminds me of the England/ Ukraine game at the weekend, except I think we will be 5.0 and counting on this one lol Gaz 😂😂
goldeneye007
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1945 Posts

Profile of goldeneye007
Quote:
@Gaz One doesn't need to be a mentalist to guess that an idiot would come up with that old line.
You're obviously not interested in a serious discussion so I will leave you to your audiences who I'm sure are enthralled by your razor sharp wit and Ali Bongo magic.

@GoldenEye - when I first saw this effect I wasn't sure exactly how it was done but it had to be a peek (why else have the thoughts written down) and it was obvious that the stack of cards were gimmicked in some way (it doesn't matter how cleverly).
It would be obvious to an intelligent layman too.
Therefore it is not convincing mentalism. I wouldn't touch it. Just my opinion. All the best. I am Blaylock.

Hmmm I guess I'd say that Insider is not to be used in any type of performance. The only time I use it is when I am interacting with 3 or 4 spectators at the same time in a parlour type of environment. Which enables me to do a switch in the end and get them to retrieve their card themselves and keep it as a souvenir (I have only performed this about half a dozen times so far and I always try to have people that know each other, if from the same household or relatives even better - and I sign the card at the back in the end before letting them have it). Anyway my point is I wouldn't use it on a one on one situation, there are better methods imho.

The whole thing is to convince them that what you're using is totally normal and I hope I can achieve that with any method I use. But saying that "this wouldn't be used by top mentalist like [yourself]" is at best provogative and arrogant, and at worst provogative, arrogant and wrong (or the other way round Smile ). In any case I'm sure people here would love to know more about you and your performances since you're so good - that's what this forum you just joined is for, right? Maybe a link of you performing at FISM? Here is the link showing part of Marc's performance when he arrived first Smile https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ug-GKrhodgM
Ben
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
5484 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
Whilst this is clearly a cleverly made gimmick, it would not be used by top mentalists such as myself.

So humble.....
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
2502 Posts

Profile of 252life
More like delusional
Look for all the world like you're counting the brain cells in his cranium.

-Theodore Annemann
Alex DLF
View Profile
Inner circle
1803 Posts

Profile of Alex DLF
New review this week on a wonderful peek device!

Get yourself the Flap Cards guide : http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/4435

Make sure to check my review Channel, new reviews coming every week ! http://www.youtube.com/c/alexisreviews
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10630 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Merci Alex!
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of premium, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12327 Posts

Profile of John C
I understand the part about loving the gimmick so much but then again there seem to be other more simple ways to do a peek. But you can't get rid of the gimmick because it's a thing of beauty!
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » INSIDER by Marck Oberon ("To the point, natural and 100% sure fire.." -Colin McLeod) (117 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL