The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » INSIDER by Marck Oberon ("To the point, natural and 100% sure fire.." -Colin McLeod) (117 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
PaulGee
View Profile
New user
22 Posts

Profile of PaulGee
Looks like the stream will be today with Marc, here is the link, it looks like it's in about 30 minutes from now.

https://youtu.be/i0Gl8mf9LpU
Jared
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island, USA
1409 Posts

Profile of Jared
I watched most of Marc Oberon's live stream through Murphy's and this is indeed a very ingenious devious. However, it's main value is for occasions (namely on stage) when you wish to reveal MULTIPLE pieces of information written on a small index card. Without exposing the method it's like Looch's Hollow meets the Blink Wallet. The big advantage being that you can peek the information multiple times without the spectator seeing anything suspicious. I should also mention that this would be very difficult to make on your own; IMO the asking price is fair.

If you want to reveal a name, date, or otherwise single piece of information then you probably don't need this. I'm sure that you already own something suitable like a peek wallet or similar device. But, if your goal is to reveal 'multiple' pieces of info (from one spectator) without electronics, then this would serve as an excellent low-tech option.

Another detail worth mentioning is that this uses consumables because the card is different than a standard index card found in the USA, but Marc said that they'll be priced very inexpensively. Alternatively, you could use a business card, but IMO it doesn't make sense to insert a business card into a stack of index cards.

Overall, this is a worthwhile entry into the world of peek devices and I personally intend to buy one.
Luke Dancy
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1034 Posts

Profile of Luke Dancy
As a heads up I've made the chat with Marc set to unlisted so 'public eyes' don't see it. I wanted to share the link with you here as this is a magician's only place. I'll be editing out the 'secret stuff' and re-posting the video as public over the weekend. Enjoy!

Thomas Walter
View Profile
Veteran user
Well, it is strange that at my age, I certanly should have more than
376 Posts

Profile of Thomas Walter
Quote:
On Mar 23, 2021, roblane wrote:
Does it already ship from Marc Oberon directly?

I also ordered it directly from Marc.
No Preorder here. I wonder if he ships it earlier... Hmm? Smile
Drtriage
View Profile
Elite user
My garden fence has
421 Posts

Profile of Drtriage
Quote:
On Mar 24, 2021, Luke Dancy wrote:
As a heads up I've made the chat with Marc set to unlisted so 'public eyes' don't see it. I wanted to share the link with you here as this is a magician's only place. I'll be editing out the 'secret stuff' and re-posting the video as public over the weekend. Enjoy!

What a brilliant magic creator Marc is! Thank you for this interview.
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
1972 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Quote:

This is so cool! What an ingenious device! My order is in.

Thanks very much for the great video chat with Marc. Really enjoyed it!

STARE, AN4QVU, Mr. Chumley Takes a Peek, The Elvis Peek, Micro Billet Q&A, Instant Psychic Readings or Just for the Hull of It (Q&A 1-2-3 + Hull of a Peek) are sold separately and are available for $20 each. To order send Paypal for $20 to: mindreaderfxfx@gmail.com and specify which title you are ordering.

Videos are streaming only and cannot be downloaded.

Reviews can be found by doing a cafe search
magicattorney
View Profile
New user
Charleston, South Carolina
18 Posts

Profile of magicattorney
Quote:

Thank you for sharing. By doing that, I became interested in other products made by Marc I was not aware of.
Ray Chelt
View Profile
Inner circle
Changing the world with my
1307 Posts

Profile of Ray Chelt
What a great device.

Love the transparency from Mark on what you get.
Illucifer
View Profile
Inner circle
1397 Posts

Profile of Illucifer
Where does one purchase this right now?
It's all in the reflexes.
Uncle Joe
View Profile
Regular user
Japan
194 Posts

Profile of Uncle Joe
Do I need it? DoI need it? No.
Do I want it? Do I want it? Yes.
Should I buy it? Should I buy it? Hmm 🤔
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
5484 Posts

Profile of RNK
This definitely has the advantage over other methods using this general idea with a stack of index cards.
Nat
View Profile
Special user
503 Posts

Profile of Nat
Jared.
Thank you for your comments -- helpful and valuable!

Quote:
On Mar 24, 2021, Jared wrote:
I watched most of Marc Oberon's live stream through Murphy's and this is indeed a very ingenious devious. However, it's main value is for occasions (namely on stage) when you wish to reveal MULTIPLE pieces of information written on a small index card. Without exposing the method it's like Looch's Hollow meets the Blink Wallet. The big advantage being that you can peek the information multiple times without the spectator seeing anything suspicious. I should also mention that this would be very difficult to make on your own; IMO the asking price is fair.

If you want to reveal a name, date, or otherwise single piece of information then you probably don't need this. I'm sure that you already own something suitable like a peek wallet or similar device. But, if your goal is to reveal 'multiple' pieces of info (from one spectator) without electronics, then this would serve as an excellent low-tech option.

Another detail worth mentioning is that this uses consumables because the card is different than a standard index card found in the USA, but Marc said that they'll be priced very inexpensively. Alternatively, you could use a business card, but IMO it doesn't make sense to insert a business card into a stack of index cards.

Overall, this is a worthwhile entry into the world of peek devices and I personally intend to buy one.
Luke Dancy
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1034 Posts

Profile of Luke Dancy
Glad you enjoyed the chat!

Quote:
On Mar 24, 2021, Stunninger wrote:
Quote:

This is so cool! What an ingenious device! My order is in.

Thanks very much for the great video chat with Marc. Really enjoyed it!

westo
View Profile
Special user
Portugal
529 Posts

Profile of westo
Marvellous indeed Smile
Creator of 'The Famous Westo Peek'..'The Westo Dump' and the 'Westolope'
Jared
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island, USA
1409 Posts

Profile of Jared
[quote]On Mar 25, 2021, Nat wrote:
Jared.
Thank you for your comments -- helpful and valuable!

Any time Nat! Smile
Luke Dancy
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1034 Posts

Profile of Luke Dancy
You can pick this up from your favorite magic shop
Most of them are stocking this one..

Quote:
On Mar 25, 2021, Illucifer wrote:
Where does one purchase this right now?
Daisydog
View Profile
Regular user
192 Posts

Profile of Daisydog
I thoroughly enjoyed that. Great video . Thanks!
ArtIn
View Profile
Inner circle
Berlin
1278 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
Thank you for your openness about the product, much appreciated!
JoelDickinson
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1323 Posts

Profile of JoelDickinson
Those who know my work, know that I love peeks, close up and stage.

I have been lucky to see this being developed and I have had my hands on the prototypes, I have seen this get stronger and stronger until it has become, 'Insider'.

This is incredibly organic in appearance and method.

Joel.
REALWORKERS.CO.UK
TADAA.CO.UK - ASTONISHING MAGIC
Nathan Alexander
View Profile
Inner circle
1534 Posts

Profile of Nathan Alexander
So obviously we can get cheap refills of that kind/size of index card, but what about simply cutting our own?

For that matter, if I had a stack banded together like that, I might have some facing each direction, so the blank side on back for example for drawing dupes.

Do I have this right? We can get cheap 3x5's and make our own no problem?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » INSIDER by Marck Oberon ("To the point, natural and 100% sure fire.." -Colin McLeod) (117 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL