The Magic Cafť
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Tricks & Effects Ľ Ľ INSIDER by Marck Oberon ("To the point, natural and 100% sure fire.." -Colin McLeod) (117 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
Marc Edgar
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of Marc Edgar
Thanks so much, Joel. Do you know if the major USA dealers (Penguin, Vanishing Inc., etc.) will be carrying the refills?

INSIDER is supposed to arrive on Saturday. Can't wait!
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
5479 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Mar 29, 2021, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
Just for the record I am 100% buying this but Freddie Wilkinson and then Luca Volpe for Marcís other effect being announced by Luke Dancy like Luke hadnít even heard of them . That really made me chuckle and also the fact that Colin canít even spell Marc (see the title of this thread) , you would expect things like that not to happen imho on an effect of this magnitude Gaz 😂😂 ps brilliant transparent interview from Marc I agree just like on Richard Pinners new effect , this will create quite rightly more deserved sales 😊


I thought Luke mentioned that Luca and Marc were friends.
And I doubt Colin had anything to do with creating this thread or the misspelling of Marc's name.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
4918 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
No he didnít Bill he only mentioned Freddie after Marc told him he knew him . Luke had never even heard of Freddie allegedly based on the interview . Watch it again , he then said with have a Luca from Derby . I recorded it Bill and just watched it again , regards Gaz 😊
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
4918 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Also Colin didnít write this either Bill , McLeod ďF#!$ this battery powered B%ď . So I am pretty sure he would of known too that the thread was misspelled , that made up quote by someone was very quickly and quite rightly removed Gaz 😊
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
5479 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Mar 30, 2021, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
Also Colin didnít write this either Bill , McLeod ďF#!$ this battery powered B%ď . So I am pretty sure he would of known too that the thread was misspelled , that made up quote by someone was very quickly and quite rightly removed Gaz 😊


Sorry, but I have absolutely no idea what you are saying here Gaz. Colin had nothing to do with the misspelling.
But ultimately I donít care one way or another. Itís a non-issue to me. Iím not going to go back and watch the whole video.

Have to admit that I have never heard of Freddie Wilkinson either. Maybe itís a UK thing.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
4918 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
What about Luca Volpe is that a UK thing too Bill ? Gaz 😊
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
5479 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Mar 30, 2021, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
What about Luca Volpe is that a UK thing too Bill ? Gaz 😊


I believe Luca is Italian. 😃

But TBH, Iíve only heard of Luca through his marketed items here on the Cafť. If Freddie has marketed anything it hasnít made it onto my radar.
To be fair these arenít exactly household names, at least outside of their home countries, so if Luke wasnít aware of them I donít find that to be a big deal. If you do then thatís fine. I can understand why it would give you a chuckle.

The bit about Colin misspelling Marc's name still makes no sense but so be it.

I hate to derail this thread. This great effect deserves the attention.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
4918 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
No what is funny Bill is that when Luke apparently picks 2 random guys online and they are well known by lots , one by Marc ie Freddie who is pretty much Marcs best mate and the next one is Luca Volpe who doesnít even name Derby as his word ( he actually lives there , and says
that ) itís funny trust me Gaz 😊
mikenewman
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland, home of the TAXED
1153 Posts

Profile of mikenewman
WTAF is everyone talking about? 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Anyway
Back to whatís far more important.

Will refills be available in the US?

Canít wait to get this!!!

Thx

Mike.
JoelDickinson
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1323 Posts

Profile of JoelDickinson
Hi Mike,

I can confirm refills will be available in the US in the next couple of weeks.

Best wishes,

Joel
REALWORKERS.CO.UK
TADAA.CO.UK - ASTONISHING MAGIC
mikenewman
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland, home of the TAXED
1153 Posts

Profile of mikenewman
Quote:
On Mar 30, 2021, JoelDickinson wrote:
Hi Mike,

I can confirm refills will be available in the US in the next couple of weeks.

Best wishes,

Joel


Sweet!!!!!! Thank you for the quick reply!

So many ideas in my head for this!!!
Marc Edgar
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of Marc Edgar
Quote:
On Mar 30, 2021, JoelDickinson wrote:
Hi Mike,

I can confirm refills will be available in the US in the next couple of weeks.

Best wishes,

Joel


Thanks so much, Joel! I think I'll hold off until these are available in the US.
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
1972 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Quote:
On Mar 30, 2021, JoelDickinson wrote:
Hi Mike,

I can confirm refills will be available in the US in the next couple of weeks.

Best wishes,

Joel


Great news! Thank you for letting us know Smile

.
STARE, AN4QVU, Mr. Chumley Takes a Peek, The Elvis Peek, Micro Billet Q&A, Instant Psychic Readings or Just for the Hull of It (Q&A 1-2-3 + Hull of a Peek) are sold separately and are available for $20 each. To order send Paypal for $20 to: mindreaderfxfx@gmail.com and specify which title you are ordering.

Videos are streaming only and cannot be downloaded.

Reviews can be found by doing a cafe search
Lonnie_Lyerla
View Profile
Veteran user
337 Posts

Profile of Lonnie_Lyerla
I received mine today. I like it. However, the gimmick I received seems to be made with some minor cosmetic issues. It doesnít really take away how cool it is. But being someone that notices these little things, it kind of bothers me a little. I already performed it with success though. I just donít feel like this will last me as long as I was hoping based on one of the cosmetic issues. Unless these were designed to have these specific cosmetic differences, Iíll list the two that stick out the most to me with the gimmick I received.

1. The gimmick does not line up like the rest of the cards provided. As if the cards used were glued and cut a bit shorter than the card stock that came with the gimmick. Think Sev. Deck.


2. This goes with the first one. In one of the seems/henges, the top layer of card has this overlap which creates this crimp effect in the gimmick causing it to not sit flush. Even with rubber-band. Well unless I manually force it. If someone were burning your hands, it may get noticed. Think long/short card.

Ok now for the good news. I really like this. Very clever and methodical. I can see how well this will play out during performances and yes, for some it will replace tech peeks. At least some of them IMO. If I had any complaints outside of the cosmetic issues I mentioned, it would be the depth of the gimmick. And thatís really not a complaint. More of a preference.

So on my initial reaction, Iím slightly disappointed with the cosmetic issues (unless these were intentional) but Iím excited to have this in hand and know that itís something that will get used. A ton of people who bought this will have a blast with this.
Marc Edgar
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of Marc Edgar
Quote:
On Mar 31, 2021, Lonnie_Lyerla wrote:
I received mine today. I like it. However, the gimmick I received seems to be made with some minor cosmetic issues. It doesnít really take away how cool it is. But being someone that notices these little things, it kind of bothers me a little. I already performed it with success though. I just donít feel like this will last me as long as I was hoping based on one of the cosmetic issues. Unless these were designed to have these specific cosmetic differences, Iíll list the two that stick out the most to me with the gimmick I received.

1. The gimmick does not line up like the rest of the cards provided. As if the cards used were glued and cut a bit shorter than the card stock that came with the gimmick. Think Sev. Deck.


2. This goes with the first one. In one of the seems/henges, the top layer of card has this overlap which creates this crimp effect in the gimmick causing it to not sit flush. Even with rubber-band. Well unless I manually force it. If someone were burning your hands, it may get noticed. Think long/short card.

Ok now for the good news. I really like this. Very clever and methodical. I can see how well this will play out during performances and yes, for some it will replace tech peeks. At least some of them IMO. If I had any complaints outside of the cosmetic issues I mentioned, it would be the depth of the gimmick. And thatís really not a complaint. More of a preference.

So on my initial reaction, Iím slightly disappointed with the cosmetic issues (unless these were intentional) but Iím excited to have this in hand and know that itís something that will get used. A ton of people who bought this will have a blast with this.


Thanks so much for this review. I have to say: this is disappointing to hear, especially considering the price of the product. Obviously, I'm very curious to know if this is a flaw in the design, or if you just have a defective gimmick. From what you say above, it seems as though the issue is more than cosmetic. Does it also affect the handling?

Mine arrives on Saturday. I'll post my thoughts over the weekend or early next week.

Thanks again.
Marc Edgar
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of Marc Edgar
Also, Craig Petty gave INSIDER a score of 100%, and his reviews are always honest. The more I think about it, the more I suspect that you may have a defective gimmick. But perhaps this is just wishful thinking. As I said, I'll weigh in as soon as I can.
Nathan Alexander
View Profile
Inner circle
1534 Posts

Profile of Nathan Alexander
Quote:
On Mar 31, 2021, Lonnie_Lyerla wrote:
I received mine today. I like it. However, the gimmick I received seems to be made with some minor cosmetic issues. It doesnít really take away how cool it is. But being someone that notices these little things, it kind of bothers me a little. I already performed it with success though. I just donít feel like this will last me as long as I was hoping based on one of the cosmetic issues. Unless these were designed to have these specific cosmetic differences, Iíll list the two that stick out the most to me with the gimmick I received.

1. The gimmick does not line up like the rest of the cards provided. As if the cards used were glued and cut a bit shorter than the card stock that came with the gimmick. Think Sev. Deck.


2. This goes with the first one. In one of the seems/henges, the top layer of card has this overlap which creates this crimp effect in the gimmick causing it to not sit flush. Even with rubber-band. Well unless I manually force it. If someone were burning your hands, it may get noticed. Think long/short card.

Ok now for the good news. I really like this. Very clever and methodical. I can see how well this will play out during performances and yes, for some it will replace tech peeks. At least some of them IMO. If I had any complaints outside of the cosmetic issues I mentioned, it would be the depth of the gimmick. And thatís really not a complaint. More of a preference.

So on my initial reaction, Iím slightly disappointed with the cosmetic issues (unless these were intentional) but Iím excited to have this in hand and know that itís something that will get used. A ton of people who bought this will have a blast with this.


Could this be a "front jeans pocket" thing? Or too bulky in your opinion?
Lonnie_Lyerla
View Profile
Veteran user
337 Posts

Profile of Lonnie_Lyerla
Definitely too bulky for a front pocket IMO. Unless you have big pockets like slacks or something close to that which will allow you to have loos items. Iím not confident in jeans though..

As for the gimmick itself and after further inspection Iím under the impression that itís definitely a defective gimmick I received. Iíll be returning mine for a replacement. The effect is absolutely worth it. I just unfortunately believe I received a bad unit. My review was intended to be positive and informative on my experience. I also agree with Craig. This is a must have.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
5479 Posts

Profile of videoman
Lonnie, yours definitely sounds defective. Obviously it bothers you so why would it be intentional? Canít imagine why things not lining up would be done intentionally.

Marc said he was making 400 of these. Itís hard to crank out 400 of anything by hand and have each one be perfect, I donít care how much of a perfectionist you are.
And I guarantee you that Murphyís didnít tell him to not rush and to take all the time he needs.

What do you mean when you say depth of the gimmick?
If youíre referring to the thickness then canít you cut out additional cards to add to it?
Lonnie_Lyerla
View Profile
Veteran user
337 Posts

Profile of Lonnie_Lyerla
Quote:
On Mar 31, 2021, videoman wrote:
Lonnie, yours definitely sounds defective. Obviously it bothers you so why would it be intentional? Canít imagine why things not lining up would be done intentionally.

Marc said he was making 400 of these. Itís hard to crank out 400 of anything by hand and have each one be perfect, I donít care how much of a perfectionist you are.
And I guarantee you that Murphyís didnít tell him to not rush and to take all the time he needs.

What do you mean when you say depth of the gimmick?
If youíre referring to the thickness then canít you cut out additional cards to add to it?




Well we can agree that the gimmick I got is defective and that it bothered me.
But As for my comment on possibly being intentional, I guess I need to elaborate a little better. What I meant by intentional was ďas part of the design of the gimmick ď to maybe match the cards below when not aligned. ( no rubberband ) So if that area of the gimmick was intentionally designed like that, it would make sense. We are talking big ďifĒ now.

Plus,
I would also know how hard and time consuming it is to make 400 copyís of any gimmick. As Iíve shipped close to that amount to Saturn of a different gimmick I made.
So I definitely did not assume he was rushed by anyone. As Iíve said multiple times. I like this. A lot. I plan on using it. A lot.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Tricks & Effects Ľ Ľ INSIDER by Marck Oberon ("To the point, natural and 100% sure fire.." -Colin McLeod) (117 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL