The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » INSIDER by Marck Oberon (123 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Mar 29, 2021, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
Just for the record I am 100% buying this but Freddie Wilkinson and then Luca Volpe for Marc’s other effect being announced by Luke Dancy like Luke hadn’t even heard of them . That really made me chuckle and also the fact that Colin can’t even spell Marc (see the title of this thread) , you would expect things like that not to happen imho on an effect of this magnitude Gaz 😂😂 ps brilliant transparent interview from Marc I agree just like on Richard Pinners new effect , this will create quite rightly more deserved sales 😊

I thought Luke mentioned that Luca and Marc were friends.
And I doubt Colin had anything to do with creating this thread or the misspelling of Marc's name.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
No he didn’t Bill he only mentioned Freddie after Marc told him he knew him . Luke had never even heard of Freddie allegedly based on the interview . Watch it again , he then said with have a Luca from Derby . I recorded it Bill and just watched it again , regards Gaz 😊
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Also Colin didn’t write this either Bill , McLeod “F#!$ this battery powered B%“ . So I am pretty sure he would of known too that the thread was misspelled , that made up quote by someone was very quickly and quite rightly removed Gaz 😊
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Mar 30, 2021, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
Also Colin didn’t write this either Bill , McLeod “F#!$ this battery powered B%“ . So I am pretty sure he would of known too that the thread was misspelled , that made up quote by someone was very quickly and quite rightly removed Gaz 😊

Sorry, but I have absolutely no idea what you are saying here Gaz. Colin had nothing to do with the misspelling.
But ultimately I don’t care one way or another. It’s a non-issue to me. I’m not going to go back and watch the whole video.

Have to admit that I have never heard of Freddie Wilkinson either. Maybe it’s a UK thing.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
What about Luca Volpe is that a UK thing too Bill ? Gaz 😊
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Mar 30, 2021, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
What about Luca Volpe is that a UK thing too Bill ? Gaz 😊

I believe Luca is Italian. 😃

But TBH, I’ve only heard of Luca through his marketed items here on the Café. If Freddie has marketed anything it hasn’t made it onto my radar.
To be fair these aren’t exactly household names, at least outside of their home countries, so if Luke wasn’t aware of them I don’t find that to be a big deal. If you do then that’s fine. I can understand why it would give you a chuckle.

The bit about Colin misspelling Marc's name still makes no sense but so be it.

I hate to derail this thread. This great effect deserves the attention.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
No what is funny Bill is that when Luke apparently picks 2 random guys online and they are well known by lots , one by Marc ie Freddie who is pretty much Marcs best mate and the next one is Luca Volpe who doesn’t even name Derby as his word ( he actually lives there , and says
that ) it’s funny trust me Gaz 😊
mikenewman
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent Island, Maryland
1114 Posts

Profile of mikenewman
WTAF is everyone talking about? 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Anyway
Back to what’s far more important.

Will refills be available in the US?

Can’t wait to get this!!!

Thx

Mike.
JoelDickinson
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1582 Posts

Profile of JoelDickinson
Hi Mike,

I can confirm refills will be available in the US in the next couple of weeks.

Best wishes,

Joel
mikenewman
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent Island, Maryland
1114 Posts

Profile of mikenewman
Quote:
On Mar 30, 2021, JoelDickinson wrote:
Hi Mike,

Best wishes,

Joel

Sweet!!!!!! Thank you for the quick reply!

So many ideas in my head for this!!!
Marc Edgar
View Profile
Regular user
156 Posts

Profile of Marc Edgar
Quote:
Hi Mike,

Best wishes,

Joel

Thanks so much, Joel! I think I'll hold off until these are available in the US.
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
2827 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Quote:
Hi Mike,

Best wishes,

Joel

Great news! Thank you for letting us know Smile

Lonnie_Lyerla
View Profile
Special user
508 Posts

Profile of Lonnie_Lyerla
I received mine today. I like it. However, the gimmick I received seems to be made with some minor cosmetic issues. It doesn’t really take away how cool it is. But being someone that notices these little things, it kind of bothers me a little. I already performed it with success though. I just don’t feel like this will last me as long as I was hoping based on one of the cosmetic issues. Unless these were designed to have these specific cosmetic differences, I’ll list the two that stick out the most to me with the gimmick I received.

1. The gimmick does not line up like the rest of the cards provided. As if the cards used were glued and cut a bit shorter than the card stock that came with the gimmick. Think Sev. Deck.

2. This goes with the first one. In one of the seems/henges, the top layer of card has this overlap which creates this crimp effect in the gimmick causing it to not sit flush. Even with rubber-band. Well unless I manually force it. If someone were burning your hands, it may get noticed. Think long/short card.

Ok now for the good news. I really like this. Very clever and methodical. I can see how well this will play out during performances and yes, for some it will replace tech peeks. At least some of them IMO. If I had any complaints outside of the cosmetic issues I mentioned, it would be the depth of the gimmick. And that’s really not a complaint. More of a preference.

So on my initial reaction, I’m slightly disappointed with the cosmetic issues (unless these were intentional) but I’m excited to have this in hand and know that it’s something that will get used. A ton of people who bought this will have a blast with this.
Marc Edgar
View Profile
Regular user
156 Posts

Profile of Marc Edgar
Quote:
On Mar 31, 2021, Lonnie_Lyerla wrote:
I received mine today. I like it. However, the gimmick I received seems to be made with some minor cosmetic issues. It doesn’t really take away how cool it is. But being someone that notices these little things, it kind of bothers me a little. I already performed it with success though. I just don’t feel like this will last me as long as I was hoping based on one of the cosmetic issues. Unless these were designed to have these specific cosmetic differences, I’ll list the two that stick out the most to me with the gimmick I received.

1. The gimmick does not line up like the rest of the cards provided. As if the cards used were glued and cut a bit shorter than the card stock that came with the gimmick. Think Sev. Deck.

2. This goes with the first one. In one of the seems/henges, the top layer of card has this overlap which creates this crimp effect in the gimmick causing it to not sit flush. Even with rubber-band. Well unless I manually force it. If someone were burning your hands, it may get noticed. Think long/short card.

Ok now for the good news. I really like this. Very clever and methodical. I can see how well this will play out during performances and yes, for some it will replace tech peeks. At least some of them IMO. If I had any complaints outside of the cosmetic issues I mentioned, it would be the depth of the gimmick. And that’s really not a complaint. More of a preference.

So on my initial reaction, I’m slightly disappointed with the cosmetic issues (unless these were intentional) but I’m excited to have this in hand and know that it’s something that will get used. A ton of people who bought this will have a blast with this.

Thanks so much for this review. I have to say: this is disappointing to hear, especially considering the price of the product. Obviously, I'm very curious to know if this is a flaw in the design, or if you just have a defective gimmick. From what you say above, it seems as though the issue is more than cosmetic. Does it also affect the handling?

Mine arrives on Saturday. I'll post my thoughts over the weekend or early next week.

Thanks again.
Marc Edgar
View Profile
Regular user
156 Posts

Profile of Marc Edgar
Also, Craig Petty gave INSIDER a score of 100%, and his reviews are always honest. The more I think about it, the more I suspect that you may have a defective gimmick. But perhaps this is just wishful thinking. As I said, I'll weigh in as soon as I can.
Nathan Alexander
View Profile
Inner circle
2024 Posts

Profile of Nathan Alexander
Quote:
On Mar 31, 2021, Lonnie_Lyerla wrote:

Could this be a "front jeans pocket" thing? Or too bulky in your opinion?
Lonnie_Lyerla
View Profile
Special user
508 Posts

Profile of Lonnie_Lyerla
Definitely too bulky for a front pocket IMO. Unless you have big pockets like slacks or something close to that which will allow you to have loos items. I’m not confident in jeans though..

As for the gimmick itself and after further inspection I’m under the impression that it’s definitely a defective gimmick I received. I’ll be returning mine for a replacement. The effect is absolutely worth it. I just unfortunately believe I received a bad unit. My review was intended to be positive and informative on my experience. I also agree with Craig. This is a must have.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
Lonnie, yours definitely sounds defective. Obviously it bothers you so why would it be intentional? Can’t imagine why things not lining up would be done intentionally.

Marc said he was making 400 of these. It’s hard to crank out 400 of anything by hand and have each one be perfect, I don’t care how much of a perfectionist you are.
And I guarantee you that Murphy’s didn’t tell him to not rush and to take all the time he needs.

What do you mean when you say depth of the gimmick?
If you’re referring to the thickness then can’t you cut out additional cards to add to it?
Lonnie_Lyerla
View Profile
Special user
508 Posts

Profile of Lonnie_Lyerla
Quote:
On Mar 31, 2021, videoman wrote:
Lonnie, yours definitely sounds defective. Obviously it bothers you so why would it be intentional? Can’t imagine why things not lining up would be done intentionally.

Marc said he was making 400 of these. It’s hard to crank out 400 of anything by hand and have each one be perfect, I don’t care how much of a perfectionist you are.
And I guarantee you that Murphy’s didn’t tell him to not rush and to take all the time he needs.

What do you mean when you say depth of the gimmick?
If you’re referring to the thickness then can’t you cut out additional cards to add to it?

Well we can agree that the gimmick I got is defective and that it bothered me.
But As for my comment on possibly being intentional, I guess I need to elaborate a little better. What I meant by intentional was “as part of the design of the gimmick “ to maybe match the cards below when not aligned. ( no rubberband ) So if that area of the gimmick was intentionally designed like that, it would make sense. We are talking big “if” now.

Plus,
I would also know how hard and time consuming it is to make 400 copy’s of any gimmick. As I’ve shipped close to that amount to Saturn of a different gimmick I made.
So I definitely did not assume he was rushed by anyone. As I’ve said multiple times. I like this. A lot. I plan on using it. A lot.
Lonnie_Lyerla
View Profile
Special user
508 Posts

Profile of Lonnie_Lyerla
Sorry. I forgot to answer the depth question. Yes. I guess I could cut and add more.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » INSIDER by Marck Oberon (123 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL