The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Seeking Prediction Effect Name. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

DJ Trix
View Profile
Inner circle
1068 Posts

Profile of DJ Trix
There was a fantastic card prediction effect, a CAAN. I purchased it some years back and now have a perfect use for it but cannot find it amidst my collection.

I don't have a lot to go on but there was a folded bill that was in play as a bet that the magician would succeed. The placement of the bill on the table helped with the method of the effect. I know that isn't a lot to go on but is it ringing any bells with anyone?

I am almost certain it was mem deck work and a calculation was made and a shift performed after the number was called. But it was SO clever.

Hope this clicks with someone I would love to learn it and add it to my repertoire.

Thank you for reading.
DJ Trix
View Profile
Inner circle
1068 Posts

Profile of DJ Trix
In the video the magician would ribbon spread the deck in a half circle and place the folded bill in the appropriate position to help indicate where to do the move.
JustJohn
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of JustJohn
I don't know the name of the effect to which you're referring. But if you don't mind using two bills, there's no reason why you couldn't have a couple of spectators place the bills in the spread deck instead of two cuts, and use Aronson's Undue Influence.
DJ Trix
View Profile
Inner circle
1068 Posts

Profile of DJ Trix
I found it. Its called Shuffled By Jos Deny. Fantastic effect.
Waterloophai
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium
1276 Posts

Profile of Waterloophai
Quote:
On Apr 1, 2021, DJ Trix wrote:
I found it. Its called Shuffled By Jos Deny. Fantastic effect.

It is Jos Denys. (not Deny)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Seeking Prediction Effect Name. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL