The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Getting into Coin Magic for Everyday Performances (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

lifeofthezhao
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of lifeofthezhao
Hi everyone. I've just started getting into coin magic and have picked up some expanded s*****. The one thing I'm worried about is messing them up when carrying them around. I was wondering what the best way is to carry them around and ready to go. Thanks!
MGordonB
View Profile
Loyal user
Toronto, Canada
279 Posts

Profile of MGordonB
Welcome to the Café. My x[ is part of a matched set and I keep them all together in an Okito box
Motor City
View Profile
Special user
Metro Detroit Area
587 Posts

Profile of Motor City
Keeping them in a coin purse also works well. Good luck with your journey into coin magic.
Ed Oschmann
View Profile
Inner circle
Lake Worth FL
1022 Posts

Profile of Ed Oschmann
I keep four coins and a shell in the bulldog clip.
karnak
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
747 Posts

Profile of karnak
Keeping a regular coin very securely within the shell at all times helps prevent the shell from getting bent out of shape in your pocket.
For a supernatural chiller mixing magic (prestidigitation, legerdemain) with Magic (occultism, mysticism), check out my novel MAGIC: AN OCCULT THRILLER at http://www.amazon.com/Magic-Occult-Thriller-Reed-Hall/dp/1453874836
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4247 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Here's a related tip.

Sometimes a shell and coin have a tiny bit of wiggle room - the coin will move slightly when it is in the shell. If you'd like a better fit, take some aluminum foil, lay the shell on it (hollow side down) and tear off the excess foil. Then work the foil into the shell using the coin you'll be using in the shell. The process can be a little knacky, but it makes for a perfect fit. No need for double stick tape to adhere the foil. In fact, I've put double stick tape on the foil to attach a small disc magnet, and when finished I removed the tape from the foil easy as pie.
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4911 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
I always keep mine in a coin Purse ! With a coin in it ! My Lassen stuff is always vary Tight ! Smile
David Neighbors
the coinjurer
www.daveneighbors.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Getting into Coin Magic for Everyday Performances (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL