The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Favorite switch to ring in a gimmicked bill? (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

DJ Trix
View Profile
Inner circle
1197 Posts

Profile of DJ Trix
I am looking for a switch to ring in a gimmicked bill after I borrow one from a spectator. I am curious what your favorite one is? I would like for it to be deceptive and logical.

I made a true effort to search this on the Café but I keep getting bill change effects, Such as 1 to 100. Not surreptitious bill switches as a means to ring in a gimmicked bill.

Thank you so much in advance.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Already been discussed and revealed, use the search engine. It was published years ago in Genii magazine.
RiffRaff
View Profile
Special user
670 Posts

Profile of RiffRaff
If the bill change is not the effect, then the switch can be done casually and really depends on the context.
Look at a shuttle pass or billet switches.
DJ Trix
View Profile
Inner circle
1197 Posts

Profile of DJ Trix
Hey RiffRaff correct the bill change is not the effect. I was hoping to not fold it up thus avoiding billet switches. But that may be the best route to take. I was also thinking about a switch envelope as there are some great ones out there and that would only require folding it in half but I need a premise that would justify putting it in an envelope and I havent yet devised a logical one.
RiffRaff
View Profile
Special user
670 Posts

Profile of RiffRaff
Is it for stage or close-up?
Do you have a routine in mind?
The procedure of the actions in the routine can give you the answer.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
DJ Trix,

Here is the topic I referenced above, take a look. The most natural bill switch ever brought to the magic community.
Read the complete topic.

https://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/view......orum=210
DJ Trix
View Profile
Inner circle
1197 Posts

Profile of DJ Trix
It is for close up and it is for a torn and restored bill effect. If I put it into a switch envelope I need a reason for doing so, even if I use the fantastic ones out today where the spectator can both put it in, and take it out, themselves.

Bill I read that thread but the switch you are referencing isn't accessible. If it were in a book I could buy that would help but it is in a 60 year old magazine that I cannot access.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
It is available from Genii Magazine back issues.

https://geniimagazine.com/
RiffRaff
View Profile
Special user
670 Posts

Profile of RiffRaff
Bill: great link

DJ: If using an envelope does not make sense in the effect, then don't spend any more energy trying to wedge it in.
Tommy Wonder had an essay about imagining the effect and then finding the moments where the methods could be hidden.
Having said that, Tom Mullica had a really nice torn bill method based on Johnny Paul and Jim Ryan.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
DJ Trix,

Here is a mechanical switch mechanism You can look at, it totally free, but you have to spend $2 at the Dollar store.

It is called, Instructions for the Perect Bill Change, by James P. Riser, The famous metal craftsman. Just download it and put together.

If you don't even try, then you ran out of suggestions, as we don't have any ideas because you refuse to explain what your thinking of in any kind of detail.

http://www.jamesriser.com/Magic/JamesRiserMagic.html

You may have to scroll down the page until you read the title, I gave above.
DJ Trix
View Profile
Inner circle
1197 Posts

Profile of DJ Trix
Hi I wouldnt be able to fold it in 8th as discussed in your link Bill. Folding it once would be ok though.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Favorite switch to ring in a gimmicked bill? (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL