The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Jay Scott Berry´s Symphony on the Ring & Ribbon: (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
4909 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
Symphony on the Ring & Ribbon:
Check out online video, pretty good finish:
http://www.jayscottberry.com/ringribbon.html [video]
http://www.jayscottberry.com/jsbadditional.html
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
Cooperstown, NY where bats are made from
4854 Posts

Profile of Larry Barnowsky
Nice routine. Good idea having spec. pull ring off ribbon. That music he uses is the same that Mickey Silver used on his demo tape. Anyone know what the name of that music is or where it's from?
Nelson Hoofard
View Profile
New user
League City, Texas
36 Posts

Profile of Nelson Hoofard
Larry,

It's from Jay's music cd http://www.jayscottberry.com/jsbmusic.html

The music on it is great for magic.
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
4854 Posts

I can't seem to connect to his website. Is the site down?
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5321 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
Larry I just tried the site (from the above link) and it came up OK.
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
4854 Posts

Thanks Harry,
I tried it just now and its working.
thegreatgeorgio
View Profile
Loyal user
236 Posts

Profile of thegreatgeorgio
Hi all
I saw Jay Scott Berry at a convention in the UK. I saw his ring on ribbon and I was the one he chose to pull the ring off the ribbon! Its a very magical routine and I really like it.

cya
Masimax
View Profile
Regular user
Italy
104 Posts

Profile of Masimax
The end of the routine is real magic.
I love it.

It's original from Jay Scott Berry ?

ciao
Jeremy Greystoke
View Profile
New user
Dublin, Virginia
58 Posts

Profile of Jeremy Greystoke
It's a very pretty routine, and the video instructions are great. Very carefully shot (no dialogue, incidentally), but very easy to follow. The ring off ribbon in the spectator's hands is very powerful. I've been tempted to adapt that to the Charming Chinese Challenge routine....

Jeremy
Vibono Magic
View Profile
Special user
Växjö,Sweden
647 Posts

Profile of Vibono Magic
I must say that this is one of the strongest things I do. I'v done it for nearly 8 years and it always gets a great response.
Vibono Mirage
Magic entertainer and Balloon artist
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Ok I am currently practicing this. but I don't want to perform it with the silent and musical back ground. anyone have any thoughts on patter for this?
Vraagaard
View Profile
Inner circle
Copenhagen, Denmark
1172 Posts

Profile of Vraagaard
I've performed mr. Jay Scott Berry's wonderfull routine for more than a year now. Inclose up environments I exchange the last part with a part where the ring penetrates the ribbon and gets stuck on a magic wand (both the ends of the ribbon and the wand is held by two spectators). The whole routine leaves people amazed, and then ending even more.

I'm pretty certain that both "the master false thread move" (Jay's insertion move) where you are actually able to display the ring hanging on the ribbon before the penetration is original with Jay Scott Berry. Also I believe the final ending to the stage routine is original with him.

This is one of the very best effects I have in my arsenal. It's different, its highly visual, it's in the spectators hands in my close up version - it's simply marvellous.

Moreover, I find it very difficult to do the hanging ring display with a small fingerring and it takes a lot of confidence and rehearsal to do the insertion moves close up only 10 centimeters away from the spectators eyes - so this is a quite demanding and sleigh heavy routine to pull off in a close up setting. Having said that, you will have a crown jewel with this effect - and I can only say that If you ever get a chance to see Jay Scott Berry perform this effect live - then go and see it - he makes it into a piece of art - almost a classical ballet performed with grace. In his hand it's magic when its most elegant.

I've studied plenty of routines and sleighs by Gregory Wilson, Dan Turcotte etc. and there is plenty of twists and variations here to never get tired of the routine. But if you only buy one - go with Jay Scott Berry's DVD, that will give you the best effect and presentation ideas.
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Thanks a lot for the advice. it is greatly appreciated.
Vraagaard
View Profile
Inner circle
Copenhagen, Denmark
1172 Posts

Profile of Vraagaard
Ups I forgot to mention an important part. When in close up setting I start with my own ring and ribbon and after two penetration I offer to do it with a spectators ring. Then I do the final two penetrations with the spectators ring, having the spectator himself holding one end of the ribbon and the wand, and another spectator holding the other ends. As always the "borrowed" item plays big in the audience perception, and the fact that the "borrower" are holding on the ribbon and wand makes it even more fantastic from him/hers point of view.

Good advice: Always borrow a clean wedding band with out diamonds or other things sticking out. You don't want to run the risk of causing a stone or anything to fall out. A straight wedding band is preferrable. And ask a male person since their rings are bigger than the ladies rings.
Barrett_James
View Profile
Loyal user
Southern Arizona
242 Posts

Profile of Barrett_James
Anyone know what size/type of ribbon Jay Scott Berry uses in his Symphony DVD. Based upon a Troy Hoosier comment I am staying away from 'plastic' ribbons and going silk but am starting to look kinda goofy hanging at the fabric store with a gold ring and multiple ribbons LOL. Any help here?

Regards,

Barrett James
"...let us now rejoin our foolish friends and commence the book properly." G.H.
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7041 Posts

Profile of bowers
I order his musical cd last year.
there are some very good tracts on there.
I love watching him perform.but I think
he has about totally put his time into
his music buisness now.
Nala Nosmoht
View Profile
Special user
Surrey,B.C. Canada,
642 Posts

Profile of Nala Nosmoht
This also has been a regular part of my show for many years. Since a lecture in around 1998.
I changed one thing, the ribbon. oops, and the music. But it always plays well.
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
2404 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
Anyone know if this is still available, does not seem to be on his web site?
Christopher Lyle
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, Texas
5698 Posts

Profile of Christopher Lyle
Jay taught this to me in a his lecture around 1991 and I've been doing it ever since. I use a red velvet ribbon...or as I refer to it, THE MANLY RED VELVET RIBBON OF AWESOMENESS! Joann Fabrics sells them. Very easy to worth with....
In Mystery,

Christopher Lyle
Magician, Comic, Daredevil, and Balloon Twisting Genius
For a Good Time...CLICK HERE!
magicman8976
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of magicman8976
How long is ribbon Jay Scott Berry uses?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Jay Scott Berry´s Symphony on the Ring & Ribbon: (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL