The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Jay Scott Berry´s Symphony on the Ring & Ribbon: (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
Greenwich (CT)
6799 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
The routine is original with Jay Scott Berry It was published in the 1980s by George Proust in Paris in a book that also contains the best reel work that I've ever read.
The threading of the spinning ring was a hit when it came out as it had never been seen.
I use a golden ring that my wife wears as a neckllace giving meaning to the props. I have a dupplicate Jardine Ellis ring to end with Franklin Taylor ring on the thumb and the routine is an absolute killer. (I bought my golden J E rings from Joe Stevens)
Magic is the art of proving impossible things in parallel dimensions that can't be reached
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Sounds like Johnson's Ellis Ring.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Daz Buckley
View Profile
Elite user
Australia
469 Posts

Profile of Daz Buckley
This is a spectacular routine. The master thread move is Jay's, as well as many others, and there are some moves that are not his. He sells the ring and ribbon as a set. It comes with two rings approx. 1 3/4" and a silk ribbon. I can't tell you the length of ribbon he supplies as I have never measured it and it wouldn't matter as you may find a different length that you feel conmfortable with. It isn' an Ellis Ring Pete Biro. After the final penetration the ring and ribbon can immediately handed out to the audience. It is un-gaffed. There may or may not be sl***ing involved however. I would suggest anyone interested buy his Symphony of the rings DVD as it has a whole lot of plug-in moves for ring and string/ribbon routines as well as his " signature " routine.

I saw Jay do this quite a while ago, and whilst I don't copy his routine it inspired me to work and develop my own routine which is now probably the most magical, most impossible, and most well recieved close-up effect I perform. Some of the moves are jaw-droppingly amazing, and I mean that sincerely.

Studying Jay's use of misdirection will also be of benefit to anyone who buys any of his DVD'S.
Dale J. O'Neill
View Profile
Regular user
I can't believe I only have
127 Posts

Profile of Dale J. O'Neill
I just saw Jay at Blackpool and bought this from him. The ribbon is 31 inches long and the ring is 1 1/4" but of course you could adjust as necessary for your needs.
Twist,

Magically misdirecting you, one effect at a time.....

www.misdirectionist.com
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
Greenwich (CT)
6799 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
@ Pete: Viking's Ellis Ring is made in the traditional brass-ring styling BUT it is now plated in 24K gold! No more dull rings that need to be polished and the ring itself can appear as jewel hanging on a ribbon, velvet cord or colored leather lace on a girl friend or wife's neck. The other part of the J E ring can be fingerpalmed by the performer when pocketing the ribbon to take out the handkerchief from the breast pocket (or any other pocket for that matter)

@ Daz Buckley: Pete was adressing my reference to a gold plated Ellis Ring which is indeed not necessary for Jay Scott Berry's routine but is defnitely required for the Franklin Taylor routine (check Bruce Elliott's book) that can be a phenomenal closer to Jay Scott Berry's superb routine.
Magic is the art of proving impossible things in parallel dimensions that can't be reached
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Jay Scott Berry´s Symphony on the Ring & Ribbon: (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL