The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Photobomb by Paul Brook - New Mentalism Routine - FREE (20 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Paul Brook
View Profile
Special user
UK
887 Posts

Profile of Paul Brook
Hi Guy Smile

Since we are all in a bit of a rut at the moment regards to performing, I thought I would share a mentalism idea from my notes that can be done both virtually and in person. This makes it great for those who like doing online shows and also perfect for those waiting for the real world gigs to restart.

Here's the skinny:

The performer writes down two predictions and places them so that the audience can see them. A participant is asked to think of their most embarrassing photo that they would never dream of sharing on social media, and to choose a photo from their phone.

Once the participant knows their selections, they are named aloud.

The performer turns over the two predictions to show a virtually perfect description of each photo.

It's a nice clean and straightforward effect that has a solid emotional hook.

You can download it for free at my website here:

https://www.heknows.co.uk/shop/photobomb/

There's no code needed, you just add it to the cart and then checkout, and it will be instantly available to you Smile

Hope you enjoy the effect and would love to hear what ideas you may have and the direction you may want to take this to make it fit your own personal style.

Cheers,

Paul
PAUL BROOK

He Knows Shop - All of my mentalism books, PDFs and props Smile

Certified Mentalism A beautifully illustrated hardback book full of real world mentalism Smile

FREE MENTALISM Free hard-hitting effects, routines and methods, just a click away Smile

MAGIC TV INTERVIEW An deep dive interview with Craig Petty, nothing held back! Smile
Nathan Alexander
View Profile
Inner circle
2022 Posts

Profile of Nathan Alexander
Very thoughtful, thank you. Looking forward to reading it.
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2481 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
Thanks, Paul!
Paul Brook
View Profile
Special user
UK
887 Posts

Profile of Paul Brook
Quote:
On Apr 2, 2021, Nathan Alexander wrote:
Very thoughtful, thank you. Looking forward to reading it.

Very welcome Nathan Smile

Look forward to hearing your thoughts on the routine.

Cheers,

Paul
PAUL BROOK

Certified Mentalism A beautifully illustrated hardback book full of real world mentalism Smile

FREE MENTALISM Free hard-hitting effects, routines and methods, just a click away Smile

MAGIC TV INTERVIEW An deep dive interview with Craig Petty, nothing held back! Smile
Paul Brook
View Profile
Special user
UK
887 Posts

Profile of Paul Brook
Quote:
On Apr 2, 2021, dooblehorn wrote:
Thanks, Paul!

You are very welcome, hope it tickles your fancy Smile

Cheers,

Paul
PAUL BROOK

danHumphrey
View Profile
Veteran user
329 Posts

Profile of danHumphrey
I like it, thanks Paul!

I think I'll need an out (or switch to an alternate effect) when the gallery or photos app is zoomed in (like my android which is currently displaying only 4 pics), but I really like the premise, and the force is new to me - I'll definitely use it.

Thanks again Paul, it's really generous of you.
Paul Brook
View Profile
Special user
UK
887 Posts

Profile of Paul Brook
Quote:
On Apr 2, 2021, danHumphrey wrote:
I like it, thanks Paul!

I think I'll need an out (or switch to an alternate effect) when the gallery or photos app is zoomed in (like my android which is currently displaying only 4 pics), but I really like the premise, and the force is new to me - I'll definitely use it.

Thanks again Paul, it's really generous of you.

You're welcome Dan, glad you like the routine Smile

Yes some selection may be needed, or potentially have them open up their social media page and photos, say on Instagram. That way you know there will be a standardised format to use. Which should make things a bit more conformed and straightforward for the performer.

Cheers,

Paul
PAUL BROOK

Escamoteur
View Profile
Regular user
109 Posts

Profile of Escamoteur
Thank you very much for this treat Paul. It is very much appreciated.

Regards
Barry Gitelson
View Profile
Special user
Kona Hawaii
973 Posts

Profile of Barry Gitelson
Mahalos Paul. Picked up your other freebie while I was there.
"Your talent is God's gift to you. What you do with it is your gift back to God." Author: Leo Buscaglia
Frankie66
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of Frankie66
Thank you Paul, I look forward to reading this.
no2ss
View Profile
Inner circle
California
1027 Posts

Profile of no2ss
Just read this and it's very cool. Nothing new but cleverly combining a few different principles into a full routine (with lots of opportunity for anyone to put their own unique stamp on it). I have a few ideas for some slight tweaks to the routining, but overall, I think I'll make use of this.
PaulGee
View Profile
New user
19 Posts

Profile of PaulGee
Thanks for sharing this! Very much appreciated.
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4810 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Very generous of you sir, thank you Paul,just reading up on it now all the best
Shane
Paul Brook
View Profile
Special user
UK
887 Posts

Profile of Paul Brook
Quote:
On Apr 2, 2021, Escamoteur wrote:
Thank you very much for this treat Paul. It is very much appreciated.

Regards

Very welcome Smile

Hope that you find it useful for you?

Cheers,

Paul
PAUL BROOK

Paul Brook
View Profile
Special user
UK
887 Posts

Profile of Paul Brook
Quote:
On Apr 2, 2021, Barry Gitelson wrote:
Mahalos Paul. Picked up your other freebie while I was there.

You are super welcome Barry Smile

Hope that you enjoy 'Self Service' as much as 'Photobomb' I've always enjoyed performing it and especially enjoy the creation method for the gimmick as it leaves the supermarket staff looking at you like you are tripping hard! Smile

Cheers,

Paul
PAUL BROOK

Paul Brook
View Profile
Special user
UK
887 Posts

Profile of Paul Brook
Quote:
On Apr 2, 2021, Frankie66 wrote:
Thank you Paul, I look forward to reading this.

Very welcome and I hope that it can be of some use to you, even if you modify it more for your personal performance taste.

Cheers,

Paul
PAUL BROOK

Paul Brook
View Profile
Special user
UK
887 Posts

Profile of Paul Brook
Quote:
On Apr 2, 2021, no2ss wrote:
Just read this and it's very cool. Nothing new but cleverly combining a few different principles into a full routine (with lots of opportunity for anyone to put their own unique stamp on it). I have a few ideas for some slight tweaks to the routining, but overall, I think I'll make use of this.

Really glad that you liked it and that you will be making use of it Smile

I tend to find that the combination of older aspects of mentalism to be like creating a delicious recipe from good solid ingredients. By combining things in new and different ways it is possible to make the effect greater than the sum of its parts.

My main aim when I create a routine is for the method to be solid and workable in the real world first and foremost. Of course, it still needs to pack a punch and be fooling too Smile

Cheers,

Paul
PAUL BROOK

Paul Brook
View Profile
Special user
UK
887 Posts

Profile of Paul Brook
Quote:
On Apr 2, 2021, PaulGee wrote:
Thanks for sharing this! Very much appreciated.

You're welcome Paul Smile

Hope all is well with you mate?

Cheers,

Paul
PAUL BROOK

Paul Brook
View Profile
Special user
UK
887 Posts

Profile of Paul Brook
Quote:
On Apr 3, 2021, Fire Starter wrote:
Very generous of you sir, thank you Paul,just reading up on it now all the best
Shane

No problem Shane Smile

Hope you enjoy it, and be sure to read the additional thoughts as I've hidden my favourite alternative method in there.

Cheers,

Paul
PAUL BROOK

DavidMac
View Profile
New user
Stafford, UK
81 Posts

Profile of DavidMac
This should work really well. I love Copenhagen cover up and Paul's thinking. His ATT lecture is worth every penny!

Can't wait to try it out soon.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Photobomb by Paul Brook - New Mentalism Routine - FREE (20 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL