The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Diagonal Palm Shift Help (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Stew
View Profile
New user
29 Posts

Profile of Stew
I have the Ricky Smith download on the DPS and have become fairly proficient at it; however, from time to time I get a "click" when moving the deck away from the card(s) being palmed. Did a quick forum search but couldn't find anything specific to the problem. Any suggestions or resources that might help? Thanks.
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7016 Posts

Profile of magicfish
The Expert at the Card Table by S.W. Erdnase
imfletcher
View Profile
Loyal user
260 Posts

Profile of imfletcher
Can’t remember where I read this tip. But if you can insert it back into the deck as a double and do the work , that has removed the sound for me.
Tilman
View Profile
Regular user
182 Posts

Profile of Tilman
Hi Stew,
To avoid that click, make sure the card is allowed to stay in the same plane as the deck until it has completely exited.
The click occurs mainly when the fingers of the left hand try to bend the card into palm position before it has completely cleared the deck - thereby putting tension on the card, which is then released with that clicking noise the moment the card is freed from the deck. Bending the fingers of the left hand just a bit later should fix the issue.
The click will also result when the card is forced out of the plane of the deck for any other reason than bending your fingers: raising or lowering the deck as it is pulled forward. Avoid those too.
As a last resort - if you have difficulties with delaying the palming action as described above - you can experiment with slightly turning the deck anti-clockwise as it is removed. This reduces overlap between deck and card and makes the card clear the deck a bit earlier. This must not affect the natural appearance of the removal of the deck, though, and must therefore be kept to an absolute minimum.
Stew
View Profile
New user
29 Posts

Profile of Stew
Thanks much for all your responses. Exactly what I was looking for!
diablotazzman
View Profile
New user
41 Posts

Profile of diablotazzman
See this video from Chris Ramsay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gTAhbN69lU

minute 07:55

perhaps can help you
Stew
View Profile
New user
29 Posts

Profile of Stew
Thanks Much!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Diagonal Palm Shift Help (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL