The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Haunted box recommendations (8 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

seanmccarthy121
View Profile
New user
32 Posts

Profile of seanmccarthy121
Hi all,

I'm looking to purchase a wooden box that is possessed by a spirit (benevolent or evil are both fine). I am particularly interested in a possessed box that can cause small objects placed on top of it to move or fly off when the spirit is at its most charged.
I am aware of several websites that offer such curious objects, and I am hoping to get your recommendations as to which site/box in particular might fit my needs best.

Ideally I would like space in the box to fit several small objects (tarot cards, pendulums etc.) as well as the box itself having an aged look. Many thanks for any help/recommendations.

Cheers,
Sean
greerj
View Profile
Loyal user
East Tennessee
272 Posts

Profile of greerj
If he has any that he is producing (and you could email him and ask) Tim Wisseman makes the best. he has several that would fit your needs, but it sounds like the pk box fits your requirements.

https://www.geminiartifacts.com/collections/tim-wisseman
Gerald Blankenship
View Profile
Regular user
Lake O The Pines Texas
168 Posts

Profile of Gerald Blankenship
Tim Wisseman is one of the very best craftsman of bizarre effects. If you find what you would like on his website email him and he will answer if he has it on the shelf or will have to build it. There is sometimes a waiting list for some items but it is well worth the wait. The Hobbs Box will do what you are looking for, however you have to furnish objects to put on box. He will answer any questions you may have about anything he builds. He also will build custom orders. Here is his website: https://www.darkforestmagic.com/index.htm
Good Luck!
I don't understand all I know about this
Anverdi-museum
View Profile
Inner circle
1092 Posts

Profile of Anverdi-museum
I have an extra Robert the Doll outfit at the end of this video....it is based off a real doll in Key West. This outfit I built is multi channel remote operated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBjfdgHf9jM

Chuck
seanmccarthy121
View Profile
New user
32 Posts

Profile of seanmccarthy121
Thank you both for your advice. I've contacted Tim Wisseman and he is building me pk box.
It looks like a beautiful piece of kit and I'm very excited to get my hands on it.

To those of you who have anything similar, how do you like to implement it in your performance to maximize the impact?
Gerald Blankenship
View Profile
Regular user
Lake O The Pines Texas
168 Posts

I don't have the PK but I do have the music box which is to me a fantastic piece. The box is used with a story line, of course the story comes first which leads up to the box where a spirit comes to visit and do strange things. In my opinion you must have a story of some kind that fits the effect. One must never just say here is a box watch what it does. Anyway these are just the opinions of an old guy that is hooked on bizarre magic.
Good Luck and enjoy the PK Box.
Gerald
pjarnold
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of pjarnold
I hate to say that my pk/music box I ordered from Tim has been collecting dust because it is not dependable. The music side is fine, but the pk function stops working after any bump or tap of the box (I.E. one flip of a coin or drop of the included wood);the lid has to then be re-adjusted for the pk function to activate again. Sometimes the bump or tap can even just be setting the box on a table.

I contacted Tim after I received it, and he ran me through some troubleshooting but it never worked appropriately. He told me it was working when it left his shop and that I could pay to ship it back to him, but I got the feeling like I would have to pay to have it fixed when it wasn't working correctly in the first place.

When looking at the "guts" of the box, it seemed like the sealant/adhesive was haphazardly applied. Don't get me wrong, the box itself is beautiful and the effects are great. . .when it works. I don't want to have doubts that when I hit the button, nothing may happen.
Gerald Blankenship
View Profile
Regular user
Lake O The Pines Texas
168 Posts

My music box does not have a pk function. It plays the music and also makes writing sound for another effect.
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1560 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
Hob-Dora is the ultimate haunted box. Gives you pk & recordings for music box,voices,scratching etc. That & my Spiritus kill !
However I do love my SM & Departed, works of art !!
reese
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell
1261 Posts

Profile of reese
Christopher Taylor/ Taylor Imagineering created the utility device "Sigma" which can be used to turn a box of your own devising into a pk performance piece.
GS121002
View Profile
Veteran user
but he still can't help build a border wall with only
308 Posts

Profile of GS121002
About 20 years ago I built a Rocky Racoon Haunted Cage that was about 18" square. It looked like a reinforced packing crate with bars on the front, DANGER & WILD ANIMAL labels all over it, had glowing red eyes inside behind the bars, made screaming sounds, jumped around rocking the cage like he wanted out. When I opened the door, he flew 10 feet up into the air scaring the hell out of the kids in the audience. (It had a spring powered canon that would shoot Rocky in the air.) It was really cool.

I was working on a mod where the racoon would fly out of the box right for an assistant's throat. I was to pull out a shotgun and shoot, missing the racoon and hitting the assistant with blood packets exploding. Then Rocky would fly across the heads of the audience escaping into the wild. I scrapped the idea because I thought it might be a little too gory even for a Halloween spook show.
Gary Salisbury
San Diego, CA

It's a fact! - Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
(This line censored by Dave Scribner because it is in Latin) - What you believe is real, is real!
Who was that masked man and what is he all about? - https://www.pinterest.com/garydsalisbury/
Christopher Taylor
View Profile
V.I.P.
British Columbia Canada
2275 Posts

Profile of Christopher Taylor
Quote:
On Apr 9, 2021, reese wrote:
Christopher Taylor/ Taylor Imagineering created the utility device "Sigma" which can be used to turn a box of your own devising into a pk performance piece.

Thanks for the mention, Reese. Sigma is easy to mount under the lid of a box or under the box itself. Here are a few of the effects involving either a box or a table. NOTE the top of a box can be substituted for the table top:
https://youtu.be/AROex8KijxY

And for something extra creepy: https://youtu.be/N24M9K3p7rA

Christopher
Christopher Taylor

Member P.E.A.

www.taylorimagineering.com

MAKING MENTALISM MORE IMPOSSIBLE
pjarnold
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of pjarnold
As an update, Tim reached out to me after my initial post and offered to fix my box free of charge. I finally had time to put batteries in and test the unit; the hobdora/pk music box works perfectly now. Having the option for both movement and sounds without anything besides the box is so useful. After testing both small and large objects multiple times, I have the utmost trust in the box.
pulpscrypt
View Profile
Regular user
The Shadows
119 Posts

Profile of pulpscrypt
Tim is a great craftsman and always helpful.
While my box was custom made as a change box only, I love it. Also have his Dead Ringer which performs perfectly.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Haunted box recommendations (8 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL