The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » White paint on "aged" bizarre props (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Damian1031
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of Damian1031
Perhaps this has been discussed elsewhere - but am I the only one who completely hates the weird white spray-painted stuff that creators put on "aged" products?

So many really cool pieces look ridiculous because of it - Does anyone here know how I might remove it from my props?

A great example is my Inquisitor box. I love the thing. It looks really great - except for the completely useless white spray-painted stuff on it. This does not help with making it look old - it just makes it look fake - Anytime I have shown these props to someone they always point it out and say it looks like a cheap prop you would get at a Halloween store

If anyone knows a way I could remove it (sandpaper maybe?) - I would appreciate the help - I think without it, the props would like a million times better
topherhester
View Profile
Loyal user
287 Posts

Profile of topherhester
Would be tough without sanding and refinishing. If it’s the speckles that are like the ones on my Hobbs box, you may get some of the larger ones off with a razor blade. I’ve been tempted to sand mine down and then redo it but never got around to it.
Damian1031
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of Damian1031
Thanks for the tip - I might try the razorblade idea.
Winks
View Profile
Special user
Arizona
719 Posts

Profile of Winks
Use oven cleaner to take the paint off.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » White paint on "aged" bizarre props (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL