The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Looking for a coin set? (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jack Skipton
View Profile
New user
92 Posts

Profile of Jack Skipton
Hi folks, I am looking for a split coin, preferably half dollar, and a shell. I would like to be able to still seperate the split coin when it is in the shell. Does anyone know if there is a coin set like this available to purchase anywhere. There are so many of you with knowledge of coin skullduggery, I’m hoping someone might know of one. 🤞
Tom G
View Profile
Inner circle
2743 Posts

Profile of Tom G
Probably a custom order, but a split may just fit in an expanded shell.
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9061 Posts

Profile of funsway
I have a split Kennedy and a tail shell that matches well. Yes, the split works in the shell, but ...

because of the thickness of the split coins the edge of the shell shows noticeably from the head side,
which may be why they don't normally combine the two.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4142 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
I think Johnny Wong's Perfect Power 3 will do that. I owned it many years ago, but the memory is a little dusty - I do think I'm right, though.

I've owned a number of the Wong (and Wong-type) sets over the years, and PP3 was probably my favorite.
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
Calvin Tong
View Profile
Special user
603 Posts

Profile of Calvin Tong
Yes, Chessmann is correct.

Johnny makes the set and I use to own it also. However, you cannot ux-xxxt it once it is nxxxxd.... unless you perform a very suspicious move to remove it with a mxxxxxxc ring.

or You can just separately buy a sxxxt coin and an expxxxxx shxxx. However, it will not have the look and feel of a sxn mxxn fit.

PM me if you want more details so there is no exposure.

caL
Cal Tong
President Emeritus
IBM Ring 216 Silicon Valley
inigmntoya
View Profile
Inner circle
DC area native, now in Atlanta
2074 Posts

Profile of inigmntoya
Quote:
On Apr 11, 2021, Jack Skipton wrote:
Hi folks, I am looking for a split coin, preferably half dollar, and a shell. I would like to be able to still seperate the split coin when it is in the shell. Does anyone know if there is a coin set like this available to purchase anywhere. There are so many of you with knowledge of coin skullduggery, I’m hoping someone might know of one. 🤞

Craig Petty's Nightshade coin set was made that way. It included (among other things) a split half, a split EP, and a shell (I think EP).
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Looking for a coin set? (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL