The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Otis magic sun and moon (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ShawnB
View Profile
Special user
728 Posts

Profile of ShawnB
Hello all,

I just ordered the Otis magic sun and moon coin set. I had a nice Lassen set back in the day, unfortunately my upstairs neighbor must have thought it was his as I was working and I no longer have it... (or that apartment) Worcester MA gotta love it.

Anyway I love the effect and didn’t want to wait for lassen months and months... so while on the waiting list.. I purchased the Otis magic set.

Does anyone have any reviews on the set... I know it’s replica coins, not real silver. However I just worry about the fit and finish.

If anyone has any experience with the set please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks.

Shawn
Shawn.
Jxb1989
View Profile
New user
Manheim, PA USA
59 Posts

Profile of Jxb1989
Otis? Otis is what lassen goes by...I’m confused... and anything replica will not feel sound and usually like the same as silver.
ShawnB
View Profile
Special user
728 Posts

Profile of ShawnB
My mistake... it’s made by Oliver Magic.

https://madhattermagicshop.com/magicshop......id=66984

The price is really cheap, I’m just going to play around with it while I wait on my custom work being made.

Shawn
Shawn.
stevie c
View Profile
Loyal user
209 Posts

Profile of stevie c
Hi Shawn. Check out page 4 of this thread:-

https://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/view......start=60

Sean Goodman posted about this set and included some great visual magic. The beauty is that all three coins can nest in the shell which makes so many more things possible. Sounds like a great value set!!!!!

Check out a routine called 'samoya'.

BW

Steve
ShawnB
View Profile
Special user
728 Posts

Profile of ShawnB
Thanks Steve I appreciate it...
Shawn.
simplymagicweb
View Profile
Inner circle
Norfolk, UK
1140 Posts

Profile of simplymagicweb
The set is excellent value for money for sure. Just be aware that the copper shell does chip after use but hey ho, it’s still good value!
Magically,

Website - www.simplymagic.co.uk
Twitter - www.twitter.com/simplymagic19
Facebook - www.facebook.com/SeanGoodmanMagician

Creator of Secret Servante, Genetics, Tick Tock, Starstruck, CelebriDate, MagiDate, Focus, SIGMA and R2R
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4159 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Yes, I have it, and while it is likely not as rugged, I am very happy. Shell fit and finish is already very good, but adding foil to the shells (as I do with every maker but Lassen, haha) makes the fit perfect.

If you get their Hopping Half set, it is the same as the Sun Moon set but adds an additional copper and additional silver shell.

With Amazon, if you don't like it, returning it is an easy option.
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
Doomo
View Profile
Inner circle
2330 Posts

Profile of Doomo
Todd just died.
If you ever get to a point where words have no meaning, you're probably talking to a dog.

Remember! More Bang For LESS Bucks! It is the right way!

www.rfaproductions.com
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4159 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Had a heart attack on Saturday, passed on Sunday. RIP.
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Otis magic sun and moon (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.24 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL