The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Mystic Bottle by Magic Wagon (47 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
simcoscor
View Profile
Inner circle
montreal
1140 Posts

Profile of simcoscor
Here is a description of the next release by Magic Wagon which will be available on Monday 19 April 2021 : The Mystic Bottle

A beautiful wooden cabinet along with a clear glass bottle are displayed. The bottle is then placed inside the cabinet literally filling the interior, leaving no possible room for it to move. A solid brass spike is then dropped through a hole in the top of the cabinet, allowing the point of the spike to strike the bottom of the bottle. The bottle is then removed and filled with milk or any other liquid before being placed back inside the cabinet. The door is now closed and the spike is immediately re-inserted through the top hole again. This time, however; it penetrates through the bottle and comes out through the bottom of the cabinet all the way to the table top! Now, six more brass spikes are pushed through the cabinet, penetrating the bottle from every conceivable angle. The cabinet is then shown all around with no possible explanation as to how any of the spikes could have possibly missed the bottle! The spikes are then withdrawn and the door is reopened revealing the bottle of milk still filling the interior of the cabinet.

This beautiful magic effect has been inspired by one of Ed Massey’s finest creations called Strange Cabinet of Deodar. It is unquestionably one of the most deceptive glass and liquid penetrations ever created.

The cabinet measures approximately 7.7cms wide, 16.5cms high and 7.7cms deep and has been completely handcrafted from natural aged teak wood with a lightly distressed oil finish.

This effect is unquestionably one of the most time-consuming & requiring many difficult production techniques by our own teak wood craftsman!

Special thanks for Tony Curtis for providing the illustration

Simon Smile
merlin2812
View Profile
Regular user
128 Posts

Profile of merlin2812
This one is going to be great for sure!!! Just can't wait...
Doric
View Profile
Special user
791 Posts

Profile of Doric
How do you know it's going to be great?
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5155 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Quote:
On Apr 17, 2021, Doric wrote:

It's based on one of the best penetrations ever, by one of magic's most diabolical thinkers and creators. When Magic Wagon opts to recreate an existing prop, they tend to improve upon it. As an owner of two previous versions of this effect - including the original Massey version - I'm looking forward to seeing how something so good can be made even better. Yet I have no doubt that it will.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
Doric
View Profile
Special user
791 Posts

Profile of Doric
Great answer! Thank you.
Magic Dust
View Profile
Inner circle
1455 Posts

Profile of Magic Dust
Quote:
On Apr 17, 2021, Wizard of Oz wrote:
I'm looking forward to seeing how something so good can be made even better
Yet I have no doubt that it will ...

I didn't know this trick until now but in a clean Magic Wagon teak finish and a slim bottle instead of a plain glass, this is already an upgrade for me. However, I really like the original story with the special wooden rods that have special powers, this does not adapt so well with the modern brass rods. Whether the actual trick can still be improved I dare to doubt, unless everything works fully automatically without a special manual intervention. The original also seems to have had an upper flap, which is no longer present here, does not bother me but the upper round entrance would have a nice brass decorative ring well tolerated.
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3058 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
... since when did brass become a modern invention Smile
simcoscor
View Profile
Inner circle
montreal
1140 Posts

Profile of simcoscor
Quote:
Quote:

It's based on one of the best penetrations ever, by one of magic's most diabolical thinkers and creators. When Magic Wagon opts to recreate an existing prop, they tend to improve upon it. As an owner of two previous versions of this effect - including the original Massey version - I'm looking forward to seeing how something so good can be made even better. Yet I have no doubt that it will.

Magic Wagon's version of the cabinet has been re-designed so that the spike that runs through it from front to back is now centered (from my understanding, I believe this was not possible with any other versions on the market). Also, I understand that the cabinet now looks taller and thinner, making the illusion even more deceptive!

Simon Smile
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Apr 17, 2021, Magic Dust wrote:
However, I really like the original story with the special wooden rods that have special powers, this does not adapt so well with the modern brass rods.

I thought it was the wooden cabinet that had the strange affect on things, not the rods. But I could be wrong. It’s been a while.
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5155 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Magic Dust, you are absolutely correct. One of the original plots for presenting Massey's Strange Cabinet of Deodar was talking about the mystical properties of Deodar cedar, and how the spikes and box were made of the wood. However, there are several sites that talk about all woods and their magical and mystical qualities. Teak is no exception. I've listed two sites below with the definitions of teak below the links. This was only after ten minutes of searching so I would imagine there is a lot more information out there. Below those sites I also listed one of many metal-related sites that mention the properties of brass. All told, I think there is a lot of content out there regarding teak, brass, and probably glass as well, for an intriguing script to be developed!

------------------------------

https://www.projectfey.com/blogs/magical......-of-wood

Teak: Draws off the element of water. A feminine wood used for defensive work. It seeks a creative companion and one in touch with nature. Teak evokes the cleansing energy of the sea. Excellent for protection spells.

https://www.mccormickwands.com/into-the-woods

Teak:
Regions of Africa, Southern Asia

Feminine- Water

Many visualizations come to mind for a wood that is prized in wood working. In wandmaking, Teak hovers under the radar at times. A surprisingly strong willed, and magical wood. Both genuine, old growth teak as well as its plantation counterpart (most often used around here for growth/harvest management) offer an energy that often out performs others. Teak is highly feminine in nature. Teak is highly protective, resistant to unwanted energies and excels at both spiritual and physical healing. Experienced Wandsmiths know it’s true value, and also its ancient roots in many Asian cultures which attempt, rightfully so, to protect Teaks’ sacredness.

Has a unique protective quality about it. Teak can be used for purifying. Flowing, but a GENERALLY calm signature to it. Teak is well liked for many types of work. It can have a dual personality at times though. Like a body of water, peaceful and calming or chaotic and forceful. Overall, a prized wood for Wandmaking- purifying, both spiritually and physically healing.

https://smithingwitch.tumblr.com/post/13......e-basics

Brass and Bronze: Auditory magic, music, communication, protection from wear-and-tear, resilience, opening doors
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
Magic Dust
View Profile
Inner circle
1455 Posts

Profile of Magic Dust
Quote:
On Apr 18, 2021, J M Talbot wrote:

John, I did not write "modern invention" 😉 but for me it is simply modern

What I wanted to get across is clearly understandable despite teasing ...
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2482 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
Hopefully the spikes can be inserted in any order
Magical Moments
View Profile
Veteran user
341 Posts

Profile of Magical Moments
Quote:
On Apr 17, 2021, simcoscor wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

Magic Wagon's version of the cabinet has been re-designed so that the spike that runs through it from front to back is now centered (from my understanding, I believe this was not possible with any other versions on the market). Also, I understand that the cabinet now looks taller and thinner, making the illusion even more deceptive!

Simon Smile

Simon...I believe that these points you mention are absolutely correct! That is, the rod going through the center and the taller slimmer cabinet creating an improved illusion.
Robert Houdin 78
View Profile
New user
92 Posts

Profile of Robert Houdin 78
Quote:
On Apr 17, 2021, Magic Dust wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 18, 2021, J M Talbot wrote:

John, I did not write "modern invention" 😉 but for me it is simply modern

What I wanted to get across is clearly understandable despite teasing ...

Thankfully you can find wooden skewers everywhere at a very low cost, so... Smile

https://www.amazon.co.uk/ZCDA-Barbecue-M......9&sr=8-5

R.
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3058 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
I'm going to stick with the new fangled brass things... 😉 There are many ways to take this plot creatively, Looking forward to having some fun with it!
Magic Dust
View Profile
Inner circle
1455 Posts

Profile of Magic Dust
Quote:
On Apr 18, 2021, Robert Houdin 78 wrote:
Thankfully you can find wooden skewers everywhere at a very low cost ...

Yes, this is a good alternative, especially since bamboo is very flexible and comes around the glass
Doric
View Profile
Special user
791 Posts

Profile of Doric
Price?
Magic Dust
View Profile
Inner circle
1455 Posts

Profile of Magic Dust
Quote:
On Apr 18, 2021, Doric wrote:
Price ?

We will know on Monday
Doric
View Profile
Special user
791 Posts

Profile of Doric
Thanks, can I pre-order?
bekralik
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1357 Posts

Profile of bekralik
No.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Mystic Bottle by Magic Wagon (47 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL