The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » RIP Todd Lassen (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Leo H
View Profile
Inner circle
1190 Posts

Profile of Leo H
Quote:
On Apr 21, 2021, Ray Haining wrote:
Todd set the standard early on for quality coin gaffs. He was an innovator as well.

Hear, hear Ray. Standard procedure is to check a gaffed coin set from another manufacturer and compare it to a Lassen, if you had his set. He set the benchmark. I had a small list of coin sets I wanted to purchase from him, but just didn't get around to it. Nothing special, just a few shell sets, but other magic purchases kept pulling me away. He gave us everything he had with his hands and his heart.
Sammy J.
View Profile
Inner circle
Castle Rock, Colorado
1786 Posts

Profile of Sammy J.
RIP Todd. You will be missed.
Sammy J. Teague
sharpace
View Profile
Loyal user
261 Posts

Profile of sharpace
RIP Todd.
NEKKODDD
View Profile
Regular user
102 Posts

Profile of NEKKODDD
Will be missed. 🙏
johnmagic
View Profile
Regular user
13419 fitzhugh road austin tx 78736
109 Posts

Profile of johnmagic
Sad to hear Todd passed away we talked many times for hours on the phone .I am so glad I purchased many of his coins over the years he was the best without a doubt.
MysticJohn
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of MysticJohn
Sad to hear what a great artist. I have some of his coins they are the best.
EasyK
View Profile
New user
The secret is in one of my
79 Posts

Profile of EasyK
Oh no.. RIP. Smile
'My brain is the key that sets me free.'
- Harry Houdini
Calvin Tong
View Profile
Special user
695 Posts

Profile of Calvin Tong
Someone shared some pictures of Todd's coins and it brought back many memories.

Here is one story that comes to mind.

When I first started performing walk-around gigs (and before migrating to dollar size coins), I had purchased my first set of walking liberty coin gaffs from Todd which included a gravity fl.pper, Exp.nded sh.ll set with 4 matching ins.rts, and a triple threat (TT). I was excited when the coin gaffs arrived, but was disappointed at with the TT because one of the sh.lls was a bit sticky. I tried every which way to adjust it to no avail. So, I called Todd and spoke with him. He was a gentleman and instructed me to send the TT back. 6 months went by after sending the TT back with no word from Todd, so I sent him an email about status. He was extremely apologetic when he responded. Todd said that the coins should not have been sticky to begin with and that he would get right to it. I replied back, " no worries. Take more time if you need to." Todd sent the adjusted TT back in a week and would not accept any payment from me for fixing it. I carried those walking liberty gaffs with me in a small coin purse and took them everywhere, everyday, all hours, and to every performance. About 2 years later, I lost the coin purse full of gaffs. Grrrrrr......... Well, I eventually reconciled that losing the coin set was just a part of the experience and Engaging with Todd was the "more important part" of that experience.

"written with a Big Sigh"
Cal Tong
President Emeritus
IBM Ring 216 Silicon Valley
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » RIP Todd Lassen (6 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL