The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Funny reply when someone wants to examine the cards (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

shakuni
View Profile
Special user
999 Posts

Profile of shakuni
Please suggest a funny reply when someone wants to examine the gaffed cards after the trick. Thanks.
Wizuriel
View Profile
New user
27 Posts

Profile of Wizuriel
"hey look, a distraction"
the Sponge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
2664 Posts

Profile of the Sponge
No, they're trick cards.
CardFan
View Profile
Elite user
& Special Guest
419 Posts

Profile of CardFan
Ok but I have got a rash so don’t blame me after...
The simplest of schoolchildren now knows truths for which Archimedes would have given his life...
gkfreed
View Profile
Special user
528 Posts

Profile of gkfreed
Smile and say "of course, you can". Then put them in your pocket and do your next effect.
gregg webb
View Profile
Veteran user
349 Posts

Profile of gregg webb
Sometimes you can plan ahead. For example, for Cheek to Cheek I took away the selected card aspect and just Faro shuffle face up and face down but I have 4 Aces with Red Backs in with a supposed blue deck, so after putting in the whammy I show all cards face down except the 4 aces, which turn out to have red backs. I take them out and pocket the deck (out of sight out of mind) and do Twisting the Aces. No one asks for the deck...if they do come out with a regular deck.
ejohn
View Profile
Special user
Atlanta
685 Posts

Profile of ejohn
Nice ‘planning ahead’, Gregg! A good opener.
afinemesh
View Profile
Inner circle
Senseless gibberish that amounts to
2622 Posts

Profile of afinemesh
Quote:
On Apr 23, 2021, the Sponge wrote:
No, they're trick cards.

PERFECT!!!
The fun has already occurred. What's wrong with admitting they're trick cards, while putting them away.
What are they gonna do? Take back their reaction?
"I've always been mental, I'm sure of it" Boris Pocus Smile

"Someday we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny". . .Bruce Springsteen
Nikodemus
View Profile
Elite user
416 Posts

Profile of Nikodemus
"!@#$ Off!" ?
afinemesh
View Profile
Inner circle
Senseless gibberish that amounts to
2622 Posts

Profile of afinemesh
Quote:
On May 18, 2021, Nikodemus wrote:
"!@#$ Off!" ?

Ah man, don't go there. . .
"I've always been mental, I'm sure of it" Boris Pocus Smile

"Someday we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny". . .Bruce Springsteen
countrymaven
View Profile
Inner circle
1365 Posts

Profile of countrymaven
Here is what I do. I don't know why, it works every time. For example, today a pretty girl asked if she could see the cards. I said, "oh no, see, I can use your own cards, no problem. It's not the cards. I actually can read your mind w anything you can think of.. .. let me show you some other time."

It really helps that you can do a similar effect with regular cards and do something much more grand that you explain. they just accept it. All of magic is a fib, even a French drop. Somehow if you calmly do as above, or something similar, with conviction, as if you are EAGER to show them in the future , they just accept it. hehe. And I will do that in the future especially to this babe. hehe.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Funny reply when someone wants to examine the cards (4 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL