The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » SENSATION by Mickael Chatelain (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
tomdeg
View Profile
Veteran user
303 Posts

Profile of tomdeg
Take a small pebble out of your pocket, explain that you picked it up at the water's edge during one of your trips.

Among thousands of pebbles that day, a strange SENSATION pushed you towards it and not any other.

Since that time, you have always kept it in your pocket as a lucky charm!

Give it to your audience and ask them if they too feel something when they touch it? While the pebble is being passed around among your spectators, take out 3 small empty matchboxes.

Give them to your audience to examine, they are absolutely ORDINARY! Your spectators can open them, close them, etc ... there is nothing to see since they are 3 simple matchboxes and nothing else, I promise!

Explain to your audience that you will tum your head or even leave the room so that you'll see nothing!

Meanwhile, one of your spectators will put the pebble in one of the boxes and close it... The other boxes will also be closed of course.

The 3 boxes are closed by your spectators, they are all laid out on the table next to each other!

Only one box contains your pebble, your lucky charm!

You are now invited to come back or face the table again...

As on this beach, a strange feeling overcomes you, then...

Take out a 10 Euro bill for example and say that if this feeling is wrong, the bill will go to the person who placed the pebble in one of the 3 boxes!

Your hands are empty, you don't touch the boxes!

Simply ask your spectators to swap the first box with the second.

Slowly, the spectator executes!

To be sure, ask them to swap the second box with the third one as well!

I don't need to tell you that there is not the slightest sound!

Needless to say, nothing, absolutely nothing, can distinguish the empty boxes from the box containing the pebble!

As on the beach, you are inexorably attracted by one of the 3 boxes!

Point to it and ask your audience to open it, the pebble is inside!

Your spectators themselves open the other two boxes They are of course empty.

Everything, ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING can be examined!

There is nothing to see! An unfathomable mystery!

https://themagicwarehouse.com/cgi-bin/fi......m=TB9555
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
I prefer the 2 lighters effect especially if it can be repeated over and over.
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
4306 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
Doesn't seem that powerful to justify the pocket space and it appears to be a bit pricey. IT might be alright to have lying around the house and to show during a get together with some friends or family.
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On May 1, 2021, magicinsight wrote:
Doesn't seem that powerful to justify the pocket space and it appears to be a bit pricey. IT might be alright to have lying around the house and to show during a get together with some friends or family.

I certainly wouldn’t carry the matchboxes around. The lighter effect is pocketable though.
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2481 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
Yes, I like this as most of MC's stuff...I also prefer the two lighters but not sure it might justify the price.
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
4306 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
Quote:
On May 1, 2021, pegasus wrote:
Quote:
On May 1, 2021, magicinsight wrote:

I certainly wouldn’t carry the matchboxes around. The lighter effect is pocketable though.

Yes. Thank you for the recommendation.
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6748 Posts

Profile of videoman
Does it have to be 2 lighters? Wonder if it can be adapted to something else.
danHumphrey
View Profile
Veteran user
329 Posts

Profile of danHumphrey
Quote:
On May 2, 2021, videoman wrote:
Does it have to be 2 lighters? Wonder if it can be adapted to something else.

I wondered the same thing, I'm guessing yes as it comes with the lighters, but I would love to know.

I really like the look of this and can't guess how it's done, but due to the price, I'm stalling to see some reviews.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
These 1 in 3 or 1 in 2 tricks are ok, but only if you can repeat and repeat, otherwise it’s just “oh yeh, well done, good guess”
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
I wonder whether the method is similar to Charles Gauci’s eye to eye but with the gimmick hidden elsewhere. Looks interesting Gaz 😊
magic_tony
View Profile
Loyal user
277 Posts

Profile of magic_tony
Come on Pegasus, buy it!
xiela
View Profile
New user
Aleix Badet
2 Posts

Profile of xiela
Hello friends. My first colaboration from Spain. According to the ad of MURPHYS MAGIC, the trick SENSATION is delivered full: Boxes, 2 lighters of different colours, pebble, gimmick and online instruccions. Kind thoughts.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On May 2, 2021, magic_tony wrote:
Come on Pegasus, buy it!

Way too expensive.
psylocke
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Profile of psylocke
The principle involved is VERY old and you can adapt the method to many different items. The real value here is the pebble but I'm not sure it justifies the price. Other downsides are that you need a table and there are angle issues.

Bande
View Profile
Elite user
431 Posts

Profile of Bande
Psyclocke confused by your comment. The lighters do not seem to need a table.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
All, well the majority, of his products are well overpriced IMO. This is just another example.
psylocke
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Profile of psylocke
Quote:
On May 3, 2021, Bande wrote:
Psyclocke confused by your comment. The lighters do not seem to need a table.

Whatever the item you decide to use, you need to place something else on the table to hide the "special something" provided with the trick. The advantage of this method is that you can stand one or two meters away from the table if you have good eyesight.
However if you like the matchbox plot I believe Lindenfeld's "Occultatum" is a better investment.
Thomas Walter
View Profile
Special user
Well, it is strange that at my age, I certanly should have more than
528 Posts

Profile of Thomas Walter
Magstone by Steve Dela and PK Stone/Pebble by Michael Murray comes to mind...
And then a gadget that, so to speak, leads you in the right direction.Smile Smile
Maybe. Oh I am only guessing.
I will stick to my Flux.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7527 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On May 2, 2021, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
I wonder whether the method is similar to Charles Gauci’s eye to eye but with the gimmick hidden elsewhere. Looks interesting Gaz 😊

I didn't see any ring on his hand and he didn't get close enough to the boxes to have used the one method in Charles' eye to eye. So I wonder?
Check out Bafflingbob.com
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Fair points Bob I wonder too Gaz 😊
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » SENSATION by Mickael Chatelain (2 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL