The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Where's Cag? (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
TH10111
View Profile
Regular user
152 Posts

Profile of TH10111
RIP Cag
Kimura
View Profile
Special user
520 Posts

Profile of Kimura
Sorry to hear this news. RIP Cag.
splice
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1262 Posts

Profile of splice
RIP Cag. His absence will certainly be felt by many.
5ggg
View Profile
New user
91 Posts

Profile of 5ggg
Quote:
On Aug 9, 2021, JasonEngland wrote:
Quote:
On Aug 9, 2021, Mr. Bones wrote:
Quote:
On Aug 9, 2021, iamslow wrote:
I remember that part, but I could swear I read it here where his real name was mentioned?? first name starts with J?

Here in the Gambling Spot, over a decade ago, there was a poster who referenced Cag directly as "John" (implying that he knew him previously).

Was that the guy that had supposedly bought something from Cag and wasn't happy with the purchase? If that's the case, then that guy is the reason I know Cag's real name. I cross-referenced that name with a guy that had ordered the Steve Forte GPS series. The address came back to a guy who's in the Griffin books, was the right age, and worked as a craps floorman back in the 1970s (all things Cag has claimed).

I started thinking, this might be the guy...

When I showed his picture to the guy that's met him, he said (I'm paraphrasing) "Yes, that's him."

Jason

PS: Basically I think Cag used a friend/relative to buy the GPS series so that he wouldn't have to give me his real name/address. I never would've put it together unless that other Café poster hadn't had a problem with Cag and mentioned the name he was dealing with him under.

Do you mean for the DVDs of GPS? He order them from you? I don't get why he knew it was you so he wouldnt give you the address? And did he ever talk w SF?
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16284 Posts

Profile of tommy
If Cag is dead then our condolences to the Yerike family.

Kenneth Yerike (1947-) Henderson resident:

“I happen to live in Las Vegas, NV (actually Henderson).” -Cag
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3080 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
RIP, Cag.
iamslow
View Profile
Inner circle
Proffessional Slacker
1971 Posts

Profile of iamslow
R.I.P Sir...
"Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face" Mike Tyson
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5062 Posts

Profile of landmark
Is this common knowledge?

Guide to the Kenneth Yerike Papers

https://www.library.unlv.edu › speccol › finding-aids › MS-00900.pdf
iamslow
View Profile
Inner circle
Proffessional Slacker
1971 Posts

Profile of iamslow
Quote:
On Nov 11, 2021, landmark wrote:
Is this common knowledge?

Guide to the Kenneth Yerike Papers

Ask Tommy Smile
"Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face" Mike Tyson
JasonEngland
View Profile
V.I.P.
Las Vegas, NV
1707 Posts

Profile of JasonEngland
Quote:
On Aug 11, 2021, tommy wrote:
"When I was a very young man (in the early 60s)" -Cag

"I probably should not tip this but I used the pad roll very profitably as a youngster in the very late 60s when I was in the Marine Corps." -Cag

"I went into the Marine Corps shortly thereafter so as not to be drafted in the Army, and while stationed at the Marine Corps Air Station, El Toro at Santa Ana, CA, I used to travel to Gardena and sneak into the card rooms there (I was not 21 yet)." -Cag

"After being discharged from the Marine Corps at 21 years of age, I moved to Las Vegas and got involved with gambling." -Cag

Etcetera

For the hard of thinking, Cag was born circa 1947.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bX41eJgH1cI&t=104s

Thank you for undermining your own claim, Tommy by finding these quotes of Cag's where he mentions the Marine Corp.

Unfortunately for your theory, Ken Yerike served in the U.S. Army, NOT the Marine Corps. Cagliostro served in the Marines, specifically to avoid being drafted into the Army.

From the "Yerike papers" at UNLV library:

"Kenneth Yerike (1947-) is a longtime Las Vegas, Nevada resident and President and CEO of May Enterprises, a gaming and hotel consulting company. Yerike served in the Army during the Vietnam War, and after his tour of duty he attended the University of Nevada, Las Vegas (UNLV)."

Jason
Eternal damnation awaits anyone who questions God's unconditional love. --Bill Hicks
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16284 Posts

Profile of tommy
It seems so but fortunately; things are not always what they seem to be.

Perhaps Ken was drafted into the army when he was 18 years old, got shot in the first few days of his first tour of duty and then enlisted in the Marines to avoid being drafted back into the Army, therein doing two tours of duty.

Smile
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
JasonEngland
View Profile
V.I.P.
Las Vegas, NV
1707 Posts

Profile of JasonEngland
Quote:
On Nov 23, 2021, tommy wrote:"...got shot in the first few days of his first tour of duty and then enlisted in the Marines to avoid being drafted back into the Army..."
:)

That's not how the U.S. military works. The Army doesn't just let you "jump ship" so to speak and switch services during the height of the Vietnam war. If you're shot and unable to serve, then you're out...and you're not getting drafted "back into the Army." For one thing, they wouldn't need to "draft" you. They could just recall you to active duty. But if you were hurt bad enough to be released in the first place, that's not going to happen.

I spent 15 years on active duty with the U.S. military. I know a little bit about how it works.

But neato speculation...

Jason
Eternal damnation awaits anyone who questions God's unconditional love. --Bill Hicks
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16284 Posts

Profile of tommy
Perhaps it is still possible to have served in both the Army and the Marine Corps.

https://news.usni.org/2015/03/06/meet-th......ommittee

Tommy
kevin_74
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of kevin_74
RIP Cag, his posts were very useful and fun to read.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Where's Cag? (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL