The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Non-Toxic ways to roughen cards? (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Bob G
View Profile
Inner circle
2200 Posts

Profile of Bob G
Thanks for all the ideas, everybody. I ended up buying a roughing stick. I'm still intrigued by the idea of children's crayons, though. I read somewhere that white ones won't show up regardless of the design on the cards, front or back. If I try it I'll let you know how it compares with the roughing stick. Endersgame, have you tried crayons?

Bob
EndersGame
View Profile
Inner circle
Reviewer EndersGame
1806 Posts

Profile of EndersGame
I haven't personally, I just read about it somewhere. Trying a white crayon sounds like the most obvious choice to try, agreed.

Do report back if you give it a shot.
JonHackl
View Profile
Regular user
Western Australia
139 Posts

Profile of JonHackl
I've done white crayon. It worked well, but didn't last very long before the cards started slipping. It may vary by the brand of crayon, though.
"Magic is the only kind of entertainment where 90% of the audience is trying to ruin it for themselves." - Pete Holmes
no2ss
View Profile
Special user
California
852 Posts

Profile of no2ss
Quote:
On Jun 6, 2021, Bob G wrote:
Thanks for all the ideas, everybody. I ended up buying a roughing stick. I'm still intrigued by the idea of children's crayons, though. I read somewhere that white ones won't show up regardless of the design on the cards, front or back. If I try it I'll let you know how it compares with the roughing stick. Endersgame, have you tried crayons?

Bob

Crayon works... but doesn't last very long. Alan Rorrison described how to use a crayon as a roughing stick on one of his At The Table lectures... And it totally does work. But picking up an actual roughing stick will work even better.
Bob G
View Profile
Inner circle
2200 Posts

Profile of Bob G
Thanks, Jack and no2ss.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Non-Toxic ways to roughen cards? (5 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL