We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Cellini Interview (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5427 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
Back in 2001 we shot an interview with Jon Racherbaumer interviewing legendary street magician Cellini. Cellini talks about his time on the street and his experiences with Slydini. This is just fantastic!

This is coming to Reel Magic in the next month or so.. We are currently editing the 3 and half hour interview.

heres a taste. The Cellini section starts 1 minute 43 seconds in

https://kozmomagic.wistia.com/medias/gybnoa3891#
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13415 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
Awesome, Koz!!!
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
chosen1
View Profile
New user
lots of places
68 Posts

Profile of chosen1
Why cut it at all? Just show us the whole 3 and a half hours?!?!?!
We should all be in a constant state of wonder
stevevoltz
View Profile
New user
33 Posts

Profile of stevevoltz
I understand why you're editing Koz, and appreciate it. Still, I wonder if the uncut version might also be available somehow, maybe even just as audio. Might be just the thing for a long drive or plane trip (now that those are beginning to be possible again).
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5427 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
There were interruptions, pauses.... we will put everything that's worth while in the interview....we may also include the entire thing on the site someplace. We'll see,,,,
were just getting started on thing
. Will know more in a week or 2
stevevoltz
View Profile
New user
33 Posts

Profile of stevevoltz
Thanks Koz. Definitely looking forward to it. Smile
KevinWisch
View Profile
New user
84 Posts

Profile of KevinWisch
Kozmo: I couldn't agree more with Cellini's comments on Slydini's magic. Thank you for featuring my father in ten issues of Reel Magic Magazine in the "On Slydini" column.

Steve Voltz: You might be interested in the below three audio clips of Slydini teaching my father, Bill Wisch, during his personal lessons. Bill is the only Slydini student that was ever sponsored and authorized by Slydini to lecture or teach his magic on his behalf. The clips represent only ~3 minutes of more than 38 hours of audio recordings that Slydini allowed my father to audio tape during his more than 120 lessons with Slydini. The one on the basics of misdirection (Slydini's Shoot and Relax positions) will most likely be of most interest to you.

stevevoltz
View Profile
New user
33 Posts

Profile of stevevoltz
Kevin Wisch -- Wow. Thank you! This is so cool. What I wouldn't give to see the visuals!
stevevoltz
View Profile
New user
33 Posts

Profile of stevevoltz
In the same vein, a young Slydini doing Paper Balls to the Hat, (with some great video of him) analyzed nicely by some perception scientists in this short piece from Scientific American Neuroscience of Slydidi's Paper Balls to Hat Magic Trick What master of misdirection, nicely broken down for us hapless viewers by the Scientific American folks.
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5427 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
Quote:
On May 31, 2021, KevinWisch wrote:
Kozmo: I couldn't agree more with Cellini's comments on Slydini's magic. Thank you for featuring my father in ten issues of Reel Magic Magazine in the "On Slydini" column.

Steve Voltz: You might be interested in the below three audio clips of Slydini teaching my father, Bill Wisch, during his personal lessons. Bill is the only Slydini student that was ever sponsored and authorized by Slydini to lecture or teach his magic on his behalf. The clips represent only ~3 minutes of more than 38 hours of audio recordings that Slydini allowed my father to audio tape during his more than 120 lessons with Slydini. The one on the basics of misdirection (Slydini's Shoot and Relax positions) will most likely be of most interest to you.

Love your dad....
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Cellini Interview (5 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL