We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Legend Aged Copper Cups rare as hen's teeth :) (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4145 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Made a decision to buy a set of the Legend Cups in aged copper (plate). Proved harder than I thought. The online stores I buy from didn't have the aged, though Penguin showed them in stock. Ebay had plenty of Legend Cups but only the polished versions. So, I went with Penguin...then heard from them that they are actually out of stock on the aged cups.

I've heard of a couple of people who ordered aged but got polished, haha.

So I did find an aged set at Brent Braun's J & B store, and they are due tomorrow. The description there said "low stock". Heh, I half expect to open the box and find a polished set Smile Seems like they either didn't make as many, or the aged sets were more in demand.
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
All the voices in my head helped me make
2221 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
Mark, these are usually dropped shipped from Murphys Magic. So if others are out of stock and shipping polished, it's likely that is what you will get. Unless Brent had them in physical stock.
Licensed Steve Dusheck Manufacturer and distributor visit www.airshipmagic.com
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4145 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Thanks, Jake - I wondered about that. I messaged Brent to confirm overnight delivery (I splurged), mentioning specifically the aged cups, and he said they are in stock and gave me a UPS tracking number so all looks good. The ads for the cups on his website did say they would ship from a warehouse in CA (presumably Murphy's).
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4145 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Fortunately, the UPS man brought good tidings!

The return address was from Indiana, so Brett must have had this set in his store.

Cups weighed in at 8.7, 8.5 & 8.5 ounces each. Probably wouldn't want any heavier, but certainly not complaining, either. They ring beautifully, and all at the same pitch. I once had a set of Johnson cups in brass, and they sounded great too, but the pitches were different - IIRC, you could play the old 3-note NBC TV tune (aka the sound effect whenever Moe would poke Curly in the skull 3 times with something sharp Smile ).

Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4145 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Come to think of it, it was "3 Blind Mice".
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
All the voices in my head helped me make
2221 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
Quote:
On May 12, 2021, Chessmann wrote:
Fortunately, the UPS man brought good tidings!

The return address was from Indiana, so Brett must have had this set in his store.

Cups weighed in at 8.7, 8.5 & 8.5 ounces each. Probably wouldn't want any heavier, but certainly not complaining, either. They ring beautifully, and all at the same pitch. I once had a set of Johnson cups in brass, and they sounded great too, but the pitches were different - IIRC, you could play the old 3-note NBC TV tune (aka the sound effect whenever Moe would poke Curly in the skull 3 times with something sharp Smile ).

Great buy Mark! I'm glad you got what you wanted. I like the fact that Brent stocks what he sells and offers fast shipping. I think I'll have to stop in and get a set.
The cups look great!

-Frederick
Licensed Steve Dusheck Manufacturer and distributor visit www.airshipmagic.com
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4145 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Quote:
Great buy Mark! I'm glad you got what you wanted. I like the fact that Brent stocks what he sells and offers fast shipping. I think I'll have to stop in and get a set.
The cups look great!

-Frederick

Thank you! I'm enjoying them very much Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Legend Aged Copper Cups rare as hen's teeth :) (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL