The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » NEXUS WALLET by Javier Fuenmayor ("This is the best wallet I have ever seen!" - Craig Petty) » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (217 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..15~16~17 [Next]
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
2828 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Quote:
On May 15, 2021, JavierFuenmayor wrote:
Nexus is made from animal free leather. We primarily chose this material because it was both lightweight and durable. After testing different materials, we found the properties of the wallet worked significantly better and smoother. It was a no-brainer choice 😁

By ‘animal free leather’ do you mean polyvinyl chloride or polyurethane?

JackMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1987 Posts

Profile of JackMagic
Quote:
On May 15, 2021, Stunninger wrote:
Quote:
On May 15, 2021, JavierFuenmayor wrote:
Nexus is made from animal free leather. We primarily chose this material because it was both lightweight and durable. After testing different materials, we found the properties of the wallet worked significantly better and smoother. It was a no-brainer choice 😁

By ‘animal free leather’ do you mean polyvinyl chloride or polyurethane?

In other words Cheaper to make
And more Profit $$$

I will wait for some proper reviews instead of the usual mates review who got the product for Free !
leesiutak
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of leesiutak
I do have few questions about the wallet:

Firstly, can the zipper section function as a normal wallet which hold coins? Because I carry my split focus with me always in my wallet, I do want a proper place for coins and other small items.
Secondly, how easy is the “changing” trick? Does it require pxxming and is the eagles friendly enough?
Lastly, any planning on releasing other versions of the wallet made by genuine leather or carbon fibre? (I am addicted to wallets, and I think my shadow is cool.)

Also shout out to Nique Tan’s reviews on YouTube, truly giving us an all round view to this wallet, highly recommend every magician and mentalist to subscribe him.
https://youtu.be/OA84UKV8Cp4
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
If only I didn't have a wife and a kid I would have MUCH more than
2714 Posts

Profile of The Unmasked Magician
I’m not sure if eagles are friendly at all. Interesting question, though.
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about. (This applies to mentalists as well.)
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
4306 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
Quote:
On May 15, 2021, leesiutak wrote:
I do have few questions about the wallet:

Firstly, can the zipper section function as a normal wallet which hold coins? Because I carry my split focus with me always in my wallet, I do want a proper place for coins and other small items.
Secondly, how easy is the “changing” trick? Does it require pxxming and is the eagles friendly enough?
Lastly, any planning on releasing other versions of the wallet made by genuine leather or carbon fibre? (I am addicted to wallets, and I think my shadow is cool.)

Also shout out to Nique Tan’s reviews on YouTube, truly giving us an all round view to this wallet, highly recommend every magician and mentalist to subscribe him.
https://youtu.be/OA84UKV8Cp4

I don't see why the zippered compartment could not be used to hold coins.
Michael
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
JavierFuenmayor
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of JavierFuenmayor
Leesiutak, I'll be posting a quick video on the Nexus User Group on Facebook to show you how you can carry your Split Focus, coins, and other small objects in the zipper compartment and have it function as a normal wallet.

By the "changing" trick I believe you're referring to the ID change. The change itself with a few minutes of practice will feel natural. Even though it could be considered pxxming, it's not what you think and it's way easier than regular pxxming. With the wallet you'll also receive a new gimmick that will pretty much do ALL the work for you. Smile Eagles are great for the ID change, 180 degrees. More if we keep the change close to our bodies.

I totally get you I'm obsessed with wallets too! As of right now we don't have any other materials planned, but anythings possible. Smile
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
2828 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
I was thinking about buying this because I like the way the Peek appears to work. But I initially thought (incorrectly it turns out) that the wallet was made of leather. Sorry, but not interested in a wallet that costs $110 and is made from plastic.

When I bought a Mastetmind wallet, I knew it was plastic and it only cost around $30. But spending over $100 on a plastic wallet... no thanks.

BeatStradivari
View Profile
New user
22 Posts

Profile of BeatStradivari
Quote:
I was thinking about buying this because I like the way the Peek appears to work. But I initially thought (incorrectly it turns out) that the wallet was made of leather. Sorry, but not interested in a wallet that costs $110 and is made from plastic.

When I bought a Mastermind wallet, I knew it was plastic and it only cost around $30. But spending over $100 on a plastic wallet... no thanks.

It looks as if your purchase will only be based on the material the wallet is made of. What if you're not paying 110$ for just a non-leather wallet, but a very versatile tool? In other words, what if the wallet is so cool that the material turns out to be irrelevant?
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:

When I bought a Mastetmind wallet, I knew it was plastic and it only cost around $30. But spending over $100 on a plastic wallet... no thanks.

I’m okay with it not being genuine leather, but I certainly don’t want it to look or feel like plastic or vinyl. Is it a vegan leather?
Carbon fiber has become very popular. Why not use that?

Have you handled it Stunniger?
If not, it might be unfair to call it plastic. Even if it technically may be, as long as it doesn’t look like it and is durable.
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
2828 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
What is referred to as “Animal friendly leather” is often made from polyurethane or polyvinyl chloride, which are plastics.

I don’t have to handle it to know I don’t want to spend $110 on a plastic wallet.

If it’s made of “vegan leather” or “faux leather” or “animal friendly leather” that means it is likely made from polyurethane or polyvinyl chloride, which are plastics, then it’s fair to call it what it is.

Of course if this wallet is made from something other than polyurethane or polyvinyl chloride, I’m happy to be factually corrected by the creator telling us exactly what materials the wallet is made of.

Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
2828 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
My main concern is durability. In my experience, wallets or business card cases made of real leather can last many years, even when used daily. It’s also been my experience that wallets or business card cases made of plastic, and used daily, don’t hold up nearly as well.

The one peek wallet I return to time and time again is my trusty JOL Jaks. Made of real leather. Simple. Very deceptive (if you use the Bob Cassidy handling) and looks almost as good as the day I bought it.

Robert Sixx
View Profile
Special user
853 Posts

Profile of Robert Sixx
Quote:

I agree 100%

Robert
simplymagicweb
View Profile
Inner circle
Norfolk, UK
1415 Posts

Profile of simplymagicweb
Vegan friendly ticks the vegan box...

Plastic however doesn't tick the Eco Friendly box does it?

It would be nice to see the fuller performance for the CTW to appreciate the loading sequence and any practical limitations with angles etc. Although its lovely seeing the end result (plus the essential OMG faces).... it's the bit before that's important for me!
Magically,

Website - www.simplymagic.co.uk
Twitter - www.twitter.com/simplymagic19
Facebook - www.facebook.com/SeanGoodmanMagician

Creator of BDZ, Holidayz, The Grayle, DUO, Secret Servante, Genetics, Vision, Tick Tock, Starstruck, CelebriDate, MagiDate, Focus, SIGMA and R2R
David Numen
View Profile
Inner circle
2077 Posts

Profile of David Numen
I'm really interested in this but worried about it's durability versus leather. The whole vegan leather thing is problematic - more ethical perhaps but much more damaging to the environment and because it's not as durable as leather, anything made from it is going to not last as long and need replacing which means using more vegan leather which means more damage to the environment.

It's got everything I'm looking for in a wallet but vegan leather at that price point seems a stretch to me.

I'm open to being convinced otherwise.
Swann101
View Profile
Special user
558 Posts

Profile of Swann101
Please make a leather option available!
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7530 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On May 16, 2021, Robert Sixx wrote:
Quote:

I agree 100%

Robert

Also agree. If not made.from leather it definitely won't last as long. $110 for a non-leather wallet is to much IMO. Don't care what functions it has and can do.
Check out Bafflingbob.com
ed wood
View Profile
Special user
742 Posts

Profile of ed wood
I wonder if Craig Petty's full quote was "This is the best wallet I have ever seen.....this week".
For people who don't like this one, not to worry, there'll be another one along next week Smile
EZrhythm
View Profile
Inner circle
Only three EZ payments for a PDF of my
1855 Posts

Profile of EZrhythm
The hard knocks of releasing a product and entertaining the remarks on The Café. LOL

ANOTHER WALLET! I have so many wallets collected I could rubber band them all together and use them for a Toss Out Wallets effect!
Was this release timed for when there was enough of a break in between the last wallet release? Smile If it was- Well done!
First off the trailer is well made, grabs attention and keeps it without any annoying checks on the list of annoying magic trailer subjects. For a $110 product with hopes of selling many, I am not surprised. Excellent close-up views of the wallet and some of it's features. The wallet does look good to me even with a protruding zipper. We don't get to see a full performance with Joseph B. but that may have increase the price above the lofty $110. I will jump right on the "Vegan" topic. In one word- It's passe. No one is saving any animals by making wallets out of faux materials unless one would be actually raising such animals themselves to contribute towards the production. I am curious to see and feel the material and would consider buying one or even two (Because more is better.) if the material still presented quality and enjoyment to carry and work with. Seeing that this is being promoted as an everyday carry item which would replace one's usual everyday carry piece, I certainly understand the call outs on the sans leather. Javier mentioned; [Wreck-less paraphrasing] What if the wallet had so many fantastic features that overshadowed the material that it is made from? The concensus here is that for $110 and meant to be an every day carry- Leather is king! And possibly carbon fiber too. Even king over features. It will be interesting to see once people have it in their hands if will they push aside the desire for the common grade build.

I am also curious to know if the clip can be used for "Out to Lunch" routines.

SURVEY SAYS! -I will wait and figure out how I will be able to hold one to weigh features over construction.

*After watching Nique Tan's review which I highly recommend- GREAT REVIEW, Nique! I see that the "clip" that comes with the wallet is used for "Out to Lunch" effects. I have to hand it to Javier- This product is appearing more appealing by the minute. I still plan to wait until I can actually get my hands on one to give it a good once-over.
How many magicians does it take to change a lightbulb? Regardless, for magicians darkness is a time for d'lite.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
I generally don’t care for these “Jack of all trades” wallets because typically they are “master of none” as the saying goes.
Trying to do everything with one tool usually forces every aspect to be less than optimal.
We’ll see if this is one of the rare exceptions.

AFA as vegan leather...when did Murphy’s become so interested in animal rights? And where is this large contingency of magicians supposedly clamoring for vegan products that Murphy’s claims they are “listening to”?
Hate to sound cynical but IMO the material used was a business decision to increase profits and then reasons to justify that decision were created after the fact.

I would have preferred to have a choice between carbon fiber and genuine leather as was the case with the recent Shadow wallet.
For the price point it seems like using genuine leather could have still produced a healthy profit.

But there are 3 certainties in life...death, taxes, and that there will be a new “best magic wallet ever” next month.
JackMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1987 Posts

Profile of JackMagic
Quote:
On May 15, 2021, videoman wrote:
Quote:

I’m okay with it not being genuine leather, but I certainly don’t want it to look or feel like plastic or vinyl. Is it a vegan leather?
Carbon fiber has become very popular. Why not use that?

Have you handled it Stunniger?
If not, it might be unfair to call it plastic. Even if it technically may be, as long as it doesn’t look like it and is durable.

Best wallets are made of leather as it has been proven that will outlast plastic (vegan wallet) any day
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » NEXUS WALLET by Javier Fuenmayor ("This is the best wallet I have ever seen!" - Craig Petty) » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (217 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..15~16~17 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL