The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » NEXUS WALLET by Javier Fuenmayor ("This is the best wallet I have ever seen!" - Craig Petty) » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (217 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..10~11~12~13~14~15~16~17 [Next]
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6748 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On May 26, 2021, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
The thing is with the Viper wallet it can do what this can do and what the alias wallet can do combined peek wise.
The Viper also has the advantage of a SUC peek feature and an even better feature which combines an actually folded inserted piece of paper and you can peek 2 words simultaneously. Oh and it can also load a card in the zippered compartment.
Lastly it looks a more natural looking leather wallet imho Gaz 😊

So far, Alias is still my favorite peek. Although similar in methodology to the Viper, the Alias has a couple small differences that I prefer.

The main difference to all of these, is that with the Alias you are getting the peek as they are putting their card inside the wallet which gives you a natural reason to look at the wallet. For an amateur mentalist like myself this is very helpful to avoid making the peek look obvious. Yes, the peek is a quick one. But IMO, the best peeks are quick. Marc Oberon’s Insider is excellent for a long, delayed, multiple peek where you get several pieces of information. But my average everyday peeks do not consist of several pieces of information, usually it’s simply the name of someone close to the spectator.

But Shadow, Nexus, Viper, they all will work. My second favorite after Alias is the Minimal Wallet, which is an SUC. Again, it has a built in reason to briefly look at wallet and get your peek. Craig Petty’s peek in his Nexus demo was obvious because there was no reason to look at the wallet at that moment other than to obtain a peek. Even lifting a wallet very briefly to move it a few inches can be a giveaway if the movement isn’t well justified. It can send up a red flag to many spectators.

I think a lot of people overlook the justification, and believe that if it is done secretly and quickly it is good enough. Granted, that does work MOST of the time. But to be 100% effective it has to be justified in a way that their brain doesn’t record the action so it isn’t noticed or remembered. Going back for another business card usually falls into this category but it’s not my favorite justification.

The Nexus peek can be done very secretly, but you still need a logical justification to make it 100% effective. Otherwise, even if it seems impossible, an observant spec may sense you saw it even if they can’t explain how.
Nathan Alexander
View Profile
Inner circle
2023 Posts

Profile of Nathan Alexander
Quote:
On May 26, 2021, Doomo wrote:
If so we will need to get this sorted!

Do you possess exclusive rights to the method thus prohibiting it ever being used elsewhere? Or do you mean you'd appreciate being credited?

I'm sure it'll get sorted.
jamo425
View Profile
Loyal user
298 Posts

Profile of jamo425
Can't wait for mine to arrive after hearing the positive reviews!

Unfortunately, there was some kind of delay for me with shipping. I placed my order last Friday with 2 day delivery, and saw that it wasn't even sent out to usps until just yesterday. And it's saying my package will arrive this Friday.. I've ordered other things recently and never had this kind of delay. Sorry had to vent somewhere lol but it is frustrating.

But can someone tell me if in the instructions they teach an out to lunch routine? I've never gotten into mentalism much at all so OTL is a new thing for me. If it's not taught here, any suggestions where to learn it?

Also has anyone figured out yet if this can take bonsolopes? Hope that it does considering there was a card reveal from an envelope in the trailer. I'd imagine the instructions would teach some way to do load a card into an envelope.

Anyway, couple more days wait for me Smile but if someone can help answer these I'd appreciate it. Thanks!
David Numen
View Profile
Inner circle
2076 Posts

Profile of David Numen
Quote:
I am being told this uses an identical mechanism as my complete peek wallet. If so we will need to get this sorted!

No it doesn’t, it’s more like the lookout wallet or the viper wallet.
simplymagicweb
View Profile
Inner circle
Norfolk, UK
1415 Posts

Profile of simplymagicweb
When choosing a peek device, I look at how I intend to use it within a routine and as videoman stated, to have a natural reason to look at the wallet when obtaining the peek. I like to use time misdirection with my routines so the peek is obtained a long time after the card has been placed in the wallet. Hence, I tend to “routine” my effects to utilise going back to the wallet to obtain another card and obtain my peek then - very much like with the SAW. Doing any “move” on the offbeat as my all time fav magician Gary Kurtz often utilised, for me makes any routine extra powerful and difficult for the audience to backtrack. So obtaining the peek directly after the info has been written is when the spectator is on the highest alert, so IMO, even if they don’t see anything they may still suspect something has happened.

But we are all different! So no ultimate wallet! We all have different buying motives too - maybe we buy because we just like collecting wallets? Maybe because we like different methods? Maybe we want a multi use wallet? Maybe we buy just to learn the secret? Maybe we want just a peek wallet? The Nexus will certainly satisfy many people’s buying urges - have fun guys!
Magically,

Website - www.simplymagic.co.uk
Twitter - www.twitter.com/simplymagic19
Facebook - www.facebook.com/SeanGoodmanMagician

Creator of BDZ, Holidayz, The Grayle, DUO, Secret Servante, Genetics, Vision, Tick Tock, Starstruck, CelebriDate, MagiDate, Focus, SIGMA and R2R
David Numen
View Profile
Inner circle
2076 Posts

Profile of David Numen
I totally agree - I have the Shadow, it's lovely, but I feel the peek in Nexus is cleverer. Does it need to be? Absolutely not. But it's still a lovely peek. It also does a card to wallet. I've wanted a wallet that does a decent peek and a card to wallet for some time so it ticks two boxes. I have more use for that function than the index function of Shadow. Both are lovely, both are different. Pick the one that does the job you want it to do.
JackMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1986 Posts

Profile of JackMagic
Quote:
On May 26, 2021, David Numen wrote:
Quote:
I am being told this uses an identical mechanism as my complete peek wallet. If so we will need to get this sorted!

So the lesson to learn is to check your facts before jumping on a public forum
and making accusations
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
If only I didn't have a wife and a kid I would have MUCH more than
2709 Posts

Profile of The Unmasked Magician
He said "if", right? So it's not an accusation then.
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about. (This applies to mentalists as well.)
JackMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1986 Posts

Profile of JackMagic
Quote:
On May 27, 2021, The Unmasked Magician wrote:
He said "if", right? So it's not an accusation then.

Quote:
On May 26, 2021, David Numen wrote:

So some random person told him , and he took as fact

The point is he should have checked it out him self
before jumping to the wrong conclusion

And why did he have to say in a public form

He could have easy contacted the creator himself
David Numen
View Profile
Inner circle
2076 Posts

Profile of David Numen
I agree that a more gentlemanly approach would be to contact the creator - who seems an approachable friendly guy - and gently enquire as to the similarities and, more importantly, inspiration for the peek method. Going "public" is something to reserve for when you've gone thru polite channels and failed to get a satisfactory response.
Doomo
View Profile
Inner circle
2364 Posts

Profile of Doomo
Quote:
On May 27, 2021, David Numen wrote:
I agree that a more gentlemanly approach would be to contact the creator - who seems an approachable friendly guy - and gently enquire as to the similarities and, more importantly, inspiration for the peek method. Going "public" is something to reserve for when you've gone thru polite channels and failed to get a satisfactory response.

I have since seen that it uses the same peek mechanics as my complete peek wallet.
If you ever get to a point where words have no meaning, you're probably talking to a dog.

Remember! More Bang For LESS Bucks! It is the right way!

www.rfaproductions.com
David Numen
View Profile
Inner circle
2076 Posts

Profile of David Numen
Well having had your Complete Peek Wallet I don't see any similarity. That's like saying anything with a slit in it is an SUC feature. With your wallet the target card is slid amongst a bunch of credit cards in your wallet and the peek happens as you close the wallet. In Nexus, the card is slid seemingly above your ID card and you can catch your peek as you place the wallet in the spectator's hand or you withdraw another card to write on or as you place the wallet in your pocket. No disrespect, but I really see no resemblance to your wallet.
M Pitcher
View Profile
Elite user
Around the block
432 Posts

Profile of M Pitcher
Quote:
On May 26, 2021, LondonN8 wrote:
Quote:
On May 26, 2021, Luke Master wrote:
Quote:
On May 26, 2021, LondonN8 wrote: That’s great is it the best peek wallet you have ever had and is this better than the Shadow for the peek only in your opinion Smile :

Hey London, I have both wallets, and have owned a large amount of others as well (except for Blink 2). It is hard to say whether the Shadow is "better" or not, as the Shadow, if you do a bold p**k, you do not have to return to it, while if you do a safe p**k, you do in a way return to it as you grab something from it to get the p**k. Nexus you do not have to "return" to it because you can get the p**k in a variety of ways; it shares similarities with Vi$#r and S*W if that helps at all. I agree with a couple of others in that the almost 4 hours on instructions give some neat ideas to use with it. I also agree with James over at MagicWorld that, where the money clip goes in, if that happened to get snagged on your pants or something similar and pulled at the point where the clip goes into the wallet, the material there is thin and has the potential to rip. Those are some initial thoughts. Thank you!

Looks like he got a faulty item, he should ask for a replacement.
Mine arrived perfectly and I am super happy with it.
I had a chance to watch a bit more of the tutorial and it’s fantastic.
I am going to watch it all in the weekend.

MP
Doomo
View Profile
Inner circle
2364 Posts

Profile of Doomo
Quote:
Well having had your Complete Peek Wallet I don't see any similarity. That's like saying anything with a slit in it is an SUC feature. With your wallet the target card is slid amongst a bunch of credit cards in your wallet and the peek happens as you close the wallet. In Nexus, the card is slid seemingly above your ID card and you can catch your peek as you place the wallet in the spectator's hand or you withdraw another card to write on or as you place the wallet in your pocket. No disrespect, but I really see no resemblance to your wallet.
sorry but mechanically it functions identically. I have now had 5 people contact me to tell me about this who have both wallets.
If you ever get to a point where words have no meaning, you're probably talking to a dog.

www.rfaproductions.com
David Numen
View Profile
Inner circle
2076 Posts

Profile of David Numen
Thinking back, the Mindspy wallet used a f**p in a different way and that was 20 years ago. It depends who is credited with the idea of using a f**p to facilitate a peek. I wouldn't have thought to compare the two personally and how you get the peek done is different in both wallets.
AutarchicFlux
View Profile
Special user
587 Posts

Profile of AutarchicFlux
Quote:
On May 27, 2021, Doomo wrote:
Quote:
sorry but mechanically it functions identically. I have now had 5 people contact me to tell me about this who have both wallets.

Sorry, but it's not the same at all, and you're embarrassing yourself and damaging your reputation. Turn back now before it's too late.
Jacob Hanley
View Profile
Regular user
112 Posts

Profile of Jacob Hanley
Quote:
On May 26, 2021, jamo425 wrote:
But can someone tell me if in the instructions they teach an out to lunch routine?...Also has anyone figured out yet if this can take bonsolopes?

Hey Jamo, Javier teaches how to construct OTL with the money clip, but does not teach a routine. As for some good OTL recommendations, this thread from last year has some good thoughts:

https://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/view......&forum=4

As for the wallet using Bon##*()es, small ones could work with it, but you would have to do some tweaking to make it work smoothly. Javier teaches a card to envelope in wallet, but it is specific to the envelope template that is supplied with the effect, and is done with a folded card. Thank you!
Doomo
View Profile
Inner circle
2364 Posts

Profile of Doomo
Quote:
On May 27, 2021, AutarchicFlux wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

Sorry, but it's not the same at all, and you're embarrassing yourself and damaging your reputation. Turn back now before it's too late.

And here is a short demo of the mechanics of my peek. I just saw one of the other wallet. https://youtu.be/7eyZiA-uNWE

www.rfaproductions.com
David Numen
View Profile
Inner circle
2076 Posts

Profile of David Numen
You're using gravity to assist the "revelation". Your "mechanism" is internal and you do the move as you close the wallet.

With Nexus, the pocket is external (been done with other wallets). It's not gravity that's being used to aid the revelation, it's thumbthing else. It happens on offbeat moments - as you withdraw a card or as you hand them the wallet.

Both use f**ps but so did the Mindspy which predates yours by some years.
M Pitcher
View Profile
Elite user
Around the block
432 Posts

Profile of M Pitcher
Quote:
Quote:
On May 27, 2021, AutarchicFlux wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

And here is a short demo of the mechanics of my peek. I just saw one of the other wallet. https://youtu.be/7eyZiA-uNWE

I don’t see any similarities between this and the nexus wallet.
What you have there is almost identical to the gravity wallet. Do you have permission from Becker and Earle?

Best regards,
MP
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » NEXUS WALLET by Javier Fuenmayor ("This is the best wallet I have ever seen!" - Craig Petty) » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (217 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..10~11~12~13~14~15~16~17 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL