The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The never Vanishing Silk (39 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Barry Gitelson
View Profile
Special user
Kona Hawaii
944 Posts

Profile of Barry Gitelson
Have not performed it yet (took it to a kids show at a resort a couple of days ago but ran out of time). But in playing with it at home I think it will be fun to perform. I am using a very small silk and am still having trouble with ditching the tip as there is so little room for the thumb with silk and gimmick in the tip but it feels doable with proper timing. I see no reason to connect the silk to the gimmick. The jacket gimmick just barely fits in the jacket pocket and could be noticed IMHO during a show. I will do this as an opener next time and then take the jacket off. Pocket gimmick is loud but may fly be the kids as a magic sound or the sudden sight of the silk flying out could be enough of a distraction. I will be back at the resort in two weeks and will let you know how it goes.
"Your talent is God's gift to you. What you do with it is your gift back to God." Author: Leo Buscaglia
Marduk
View Profile
New user
Argentina
99 Posts

Profile of Marduk
Quote:
On Jul 7, 2021, SoCalPro wrote:
Quote:
On Jul 7, 2021, Bill Hegbli wrote:
Well, the diamond shaped silks are not not easy to find currently. The 12 inch silks seems to have been very popular, creating a shortage.

Luckily I have a few that I use with my vanishing silk wand.
Hello
The TT works fine, but it need practice to catch the silk as it leaps out of your fist. The 12 inch diamond shaped silks I have completely fill the TT. No room left final push. I had no problem catching silk as it began to shoot out. I don't think I will bother with the attaching the corner of the silk, as I can catch the silk in the middle as it exists. Who knows still getting use to it.

I have not examined the black box to see how it works and what one has to do to make it work. In the demo, it looks like the second silk leaps from the left back behind his shoulder. I looks like the left pocket is already used, so where is one one that shoots very high come from? It is not covered in the poorly written instructions or pictures.

The black gimmick is what shoots the second silk up, making it re appear. I can see how it would work in your breast pocket but haven't come up with a way to trigger it from another location (top hat....case...etc). Setting the black box gimmick is REALLY difficult as it requires a lot of pressure. I actually broke the top rim of mine last week trying to load. I am hoping I can glue it back together.

Please, send me a picture of the broken piece and your address and I will send you a New one. Meanwhile you can fix it with crazy glue. Quique@marduk.com.ar
I'am a proffesional magician and lecturer
Marduk
View Profile
New user
Argentina
99 Posts

Profile of Marduk
Quote:
On Jul 7, 2021, Barry Gitelson wrote:
Have not performed it yet (took it to a kids show at a resort a couple of days ago but ran out of time). But in playing with it at home I think it will be fun to perform. I am using a very small silk and am still having trouble with ditching the tip as there is so little room for the thumb with silk and gimmick in the tip but it feels doable with proper timing. I see no reason to connect the silk to the gimmick. The jacket gimmick just barely fits in the jacket pocket and could be noticed IMHO during a show. I will do this as an opener next time and then take the jacket off. Pocket gimmick is loud but may fly be the kids as a magic sound or the sudden sight of the silk flying out could be enough of a distraction. I will be back at the resort in two weeks and will let you know how it goes.

Hi there. It is true that the silk fils almost all the TT, (including the spring) to steal it, I don't use the clasic way, I simply pinch it with my thumb and first finger and in a continous action, I go to my pocket to go for the Wand and I let the TT there.
SoCalPro
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern California
1625 Posts

Profile of SoCalPro
Quote:
On Jul 7, 2021, Marduk wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
Well, the diamond shaped silks are not not easy to find currently. The 12 inch silks seems to have been very popular, creating a shortage.

Luckily I have a few that I use with my vanishing silk wand.
Hello
The TT works fine, but it need practice to catch the silk as it leaps out of your fist. The 12 inch diamond shaped silks I have completely fill the TT. No room left final push. I had no problem catching silk as it began to shoot out. I don't think I will bother with the attaching the corner of the silk, as I can catch the silk in the middle as it exists. Who knows still getting use to it.

I have not examined the black box to see how it works and what one has to do to make it work. In the demo, it looks like the second silk leaps from the left back behind his shoulder. I looks like the left pocket is already used, so where is one one that shoots very high come from? It is not covered in the poorly written instructions or pictures.

The black gimmick is what shoots the second silk up, making it re appear. I can see how it would work in your breast pocket but haven't come up with a way to trigger it from another location (top hat....case...etc). Setting the black box gimmick is REALLY difficult as it requires a lot of pressure. I actually broke the top rim of mine last week trying to load. I am hoping I can glue it back together.

Please, send me a picture of the broken piece and your address and I will send you a New one. Meanwhile you can fix it with crazy glue. Quique@marduk.com.ar

That is very kind of you....I will do that.

Thank you.
Vraagaard
View Profile
Inner circle
Copenhagen, Denmark
1353 Posts

Profile of Vraagaard
Super routine - and very easy to steal a silk fountain from the back pocket while the silk is shooting out of the breast pocket, moving into a finale with a silk fountain revelation and a bottle production from under the silk fountain.

That's how I would proceed from a comedy opener into a magical production sequence.

Just beautiful.
kiketron
View Profile
Loyal user
255 Posts

Profile of kiketron
Quote:
On Jul 9, 2021, Vraagaard wrote:
Super routine - and very easy to steal a silk fountain from the back pocket while the silk is shooting out of the breast pocket, moving into a finale with a silk fountain revelation and a bottle production from under the silk fountain.

That's how I would proceed from a comedy opener into a magical production sequence.

Just beautiful.

That’s simply a great idea!!
Step into the unknown
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
23040 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I took another look at the black box, and had no problem setting it up. I used my finger to set the device. It is very loud as others have said. Hopefully I can come up with a way to deaden the sound.

For the price I have to get this device to get this price back in audience entertainment.
SoCalPro
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern California
1625 Posts

Profile of SoCalPro
Just a heads up friends. I had an issue with a part of my gimmick and Marduk stepped right up and took care of my problem!! Thank you SO MUCH Marduk...I really appreciated your customer service!!!
John Gerard
View Profile
Loyal user
Guam
268 Posts

Profile of John Gerard
Quote:
Setting the black box gimmick is REALLY difficult as it requires a lot of pressure. I actually broke the top rim of mine last week trying to load. I am hoping I can glue it back together.

I found something that works for me. I grip the device from the sides from the bottom where the screws are at with the elastic under my thumb and index finger and stretch it by moving up the device while maintaining grip pressure. My other hand is holding from the top of the device to accomplish this. When I've achieved the required amount of stretch I take the hand which is on top and use my finger to put the internal piece in place. Use a pencil if your finger is too big. Thanks for sharing you problem. If all you do is try to push down on the internal piece you'll have a much harder time.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
23040 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
To set the pocket gimmick box, I put the large loop on the screws on the bottom of the box, as told in the instructions. Then I just use my finger and Thumb to push the ejector inside down several times. This is more of stretching the black cloth covered band to "break the elastic in a little by stretching the elastic inside the cloth covering".

What I am more concerned with is the rough cloth covering on the large loop bands. This can wear at the holes they go though, making the holes larger over more use. Sort of like sanding the holes larger, and out of round, making it a "key hole" instead of a round hole.
SoCalPro
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern California
1625 Posts

Profile of SoCalPro
Quote:
On Jul 19, 2021, John Gerard wrote:
Quote:
Setting the black box gimmick is REALLY difficult as it requires a lot of pressure. I actually broke the top rim of mine last week trying to load. I am hoping I can glue it back together.

I found something that works for me. I grip the device from the sides from the bottom where the screws are at with the elastic under my thumb and index finger and stretch it by moving up the device while maintaining grip pressure. My other hand is holding from the top of the device to accomplish this. When I've achieved the required amount of stretch I take the hand which is on top and use my finger to put the internal piece in place. Use a pencil if your finger is too big. Thanks for sharing you problem. If all you do is try to push down on the internal piece you'll have a much harder time.

Thank you for this!! Smile
Bill08
View Profile
Special user
Montreal
705 Posts

Profile of Bill08
If you sew a coin into the silk, or a small piece of metal, will it fly higher? I don't own this but thought it might be interesting to try
SoCalPro
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern California
1625 Posts

Profile of SoCalPro
Quote:
On Jul 20, 2021, Bill08 wrote:
If you sew a coin into the silk, or a small piece of metal, will it fly higher? I don't own this but thought it might be interesting to try

I didn't think of this but I think this just MIGHT add a little bit of height to the handkerchief. Just don't have it TOO heavy. Smile
Marduk
View Profile
New user
Argentina
99 Posts

Profile of Marduk
Quote:
Quote:
Well, the diamond shaped silks are not not easy to find currently. The 12 inch silks seems to have been very popular,

Hi! Díd you receive the new one?
martysh
View Profile
Elite user
Greenville,SC
480 Posts

Profile of martysh
Black duct tape worked for me...i might want that rim off some times
Marty

Same struggles as you
SoCalPro
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern California
1625 Posts

Profile of SoCalPro
Quote:
On Jul 25, 2021, Marduk wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
Well, the diamond shaped silks are not not easy to find currently. The 12 inch silks seems to have been very popular,

Hi! Díd you receive the new one?

Yes sir I did. Thank you VERY much!!! I left you a nice comment above. Smile
colin underwood
View Profile
New user
43 Posts

Profile of colin underwood
I received my this product today. I am an experienced performer and will use this. The inherent comedy value is very good.
I must say I was very annoyed that there was no video download of any kind.
The cheap booklet will suffice but is very basic. Someone with little experience will be
disappointed with the product. I point this out because the product is not cheap in fact over priced
for the whole package received. I suggest the producer open a Facebook group as a support system for discussion etc.
danfreed
View Profile
Inner circle
West Chester PA
1264 Posts

Profile of danfreed
I have this. The idea of this is very good, but the design & build quality of the bigger gimmick, not so good. The smaller TT gimmick is good and works well. The bigger gimmick broke quickly before my first use - the upper ledge thingy, I guess it's there to keep your pocket open. It still works, it may not be needed, but it was a design flaw to make it cheaply like that. I tried to superglue it but that didn't hold, I guess I needed a different type of glue. I know building it differently would have made it more expensive, but cheap is expensive so to speak, or maybe there is a semi inexpensive way to do it better. The bigger gimmick is noisy, it makes sort of a loud "thwap" noise on release, I don't know that that is an issue because it's more of a gag. The silk doesn't shoot out the same way each time, sometimes it flops out but doesn't shoot up, you have to experiment with loading methods. It's somewhat fiddly to set it. The instructions are not good, but I did find a video online where he shows it in more detail, though that should have been part of the release. I think magic creators should get someone who is a native speaker in English (or whatever language needed) to do written instructions or video instructions.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
23040 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
If you want the device to work, you need to use, Diamond cut 12" silks.

Contact Bob Sanders here on the café in the Silk topic. He has them available. They are only $6 a silk, they come in many colors.

I looked at all the silk websites and they all out of stock, and the prices are very high.
danfreed
View Profile
Inner circle
West Chester PA
1264 Posts

Profile of danfreed
I was using sort of an 18" diamond ( a bigger silk cut in half), but switched to an actual 12" diamond, it does work a little better I suppose. I rolled it tightly like a cigar around a finger and placed it long way up, and that works pretty well now. I duck taped the upper ledge thing back on.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The never Vanishing Silk (39 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL