The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Pocket Portal By Sam King from Ellusionist (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
sammyshowtime
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of sammyshowtime
Hello!

Really excited to finally be sharing this as I've been sitting on it for quite some time now.

Check It Out! If you've got any questions about it please let me know and I'll do my best to answer!

https://ellusionist.com/products/pocket-......uel-king

Thanks

Sam
quantum_swami
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of quantum_swami
I don't perform much coin magic but the trailer was a treat and I enjoyed watching it.

So it's a regular ungimmicked coin pouch? But designed for better ergonomics for coin workers? Am I understanding that right?
scott0819
View Profile
Inner circle
Toronto, Ont.
1040 Posts

Profile of scott0819
I think someone needs to do a comparison between this and Brent Braun's FPS coin wallet. Similar look but two different approaches to a lot of the same problems.
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2835 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
In the trailer it flashes the opening of the wallet from the bottom.
WitchDocChris
View Profile
Inner circle
York, PA
2614 Posts

Profile of WitchDocChris
There's no opening on the bottom.
Christopher
Witch Doctor

Psycho Seance book: https://tinyurl.com/y873bbr4
Boffo eBook: https://tinyurl.com/387sxkcd
sammyshowtime
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of sammyshowtime
Quote:
On May 28, 2021, MR Effecto wrote:
In the trailer it flashes the opening of the wallet from the bottom.

Not sure what you saw but I can assure you that there is no holes, cuts or slits for the coins to slip out of. As said in the trailer its similar to an okito box. Its exactly what it seems but there's a couple of moves that will allow you to do some cool effects.
sammyshowtime
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of sammyshowtime
Quote:
On May 28, 2021, quantum_swami wrote:
I don't perform much coin magic but the trailer was a treat and I enjoyed watching it.

So it's a regular ungimmicked coin pouch? But designed for better ergonomics for coin workers? Am I understanding that right?

Correct! Can be completely examined! There's a couple of moves taught that allow for some cool effects. Use it to protect your coins. Or work it into your routines.
mikenewman
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent Island, Maryland
1114 Posts

Profile of mikenewman
Quote:
On May 28, 2021, sammyshowtime wrote:
Hello!

Really excited to finally be sharing this as I've been sitting on it for quite some time now.

Check It Out! If you've got any questions about it please let me know and I'll do my best to answer!

Thanks

Sam

Looks slick!!!!!
Can you use smaller coins in the dollar version?
Or would that be a challenge?

Eric Jones does things beyond my skills! Lol

How difficult are the moves?
Well. That’s obviously a general question.

I guess, are there effects/ routines that us normal folks can do? 🤣🤣🤣

Great job btw! Congrats
sammyshowtime
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of sammyshowtime
Quote:
On May 28, 2021, mikenewman wrote:
Quote:
On May 28, 2021, sammyshowtime wrote:
Hello!

Thanks

Sam

Looks slick!!!!!
Can you use smaller coins in the dollar version?
Or would that be a challenge?

Eric Jones does things beyond my skills! Lol

How difficult are the moves?
Well. That’s obviously a general question.

I guess, are there effects/ routines that us normal folks can do? 🤣🤣🤣

Great job btw! Congrats

You can use smaller coins in the dollar size. Included the half dollar size because I know there are some people that find dollars too big. And I just felt half dollar coin in the dollar purse looked a bit out of proportion. So if you mainly use half dollars its a nice sleek little package.

As said in the trailer the moves vary in difficulty. The basic steal that's shown in the trailer is pretty simple. Will take a little practice to get smooth but not too difficult and I would say is a beginners coin move. The loads into the purse will take a bit of practice. Something for everyone.

There's a few routines and a bunch of moves. But I hope people find this helpful to add to the coin magic that they already do as it can be used without getting in the way of your existing routine, It lends itself to a lot of creativity.

Hope that helps!
leipzisch
View Profile
Special user
928 Posts

Profile of leipzisch
Quote:
On May 28, 2021, scott0819 wrote:
I think someone needs to do a comparison between this and Brent Braun's FPS coin wallet. Similar look but two different approaches to a lot of the same problems.

Agreed. I'd be very interested in exactly how this differs in function from FPS. Is there anything this can do that FPS cannot (other than being examinable). And vice versa?
leipzisch
View Profile
Special user
928 Posts

Profile of leipzisch
I've just watched the trailer again several times and worked out the mechanics. Very clever. Bought.

I'm hoping this will also work as a more organic alternative to Sansminds Vanishing Ring box. Sam, thoughts...?
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4166 Posts

Profile of warren
As others have said I would love to know how this compares to the FPS coin wallet
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6748 Posts

Profile of videoman
The FPS coin wallet has a hidden secret built into it which is an actual gimmick. The Pocket Portal is essentially ungimmicked but is constructed in such a way that it allows you secretly add or remove coins without spectators being aware of it.

The closest thing I can think of to compare it to is, as I believe someone else mentioned previously, it is similar in some ways to an Okito coin box. The box itself is ungimmicked but it can be handled in a way that allows loads or steals to happen undetected.

The Pocket Portal is a pretty clever concept. However one thing that the FPS coin wallet can do that the PP cannot do, at least as effectively IMO, is secretly add a coin into your hand after dumping a couple from the wallet. The PP is probably more versatile but it also requires more practice to use deceptively.

If you are just looking for a simple leather purse to hold your coins then the PP is cheaper and probably does that job better than FPS. It looks a bit more manly IMO too if that matters to you.
scott0819
View Profile
Inner circle
Toronto, Ont.
1040 Posts

Profile of scott0819
Quote:
On Jun 7, 2021, videoman wrote:
It looks a bit more manly IMO too if that matters to you.

This made me chuckle. My coin purse is more manly than your coin purse! Smile
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4166 Posts

Profile of warren
Quote:
On Jun 7, 2021, scott0819 wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 7, 2021, videoman wrote:
It looks a bit more manly IMO too if that matters to you.

This made me chuckle. My coin purse is more manly than your coin purse! Smile

🤣🤣🤣🤣
sammyshowtime
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of sammyshowtime
You could use it for rings if you like. I'm sure there is a nice coin and ring transposition someone will work out.

As said before the best way I can sum up PP is like an okito box. I would say if you would like to do any of the larger productions that are in the FPS trailer like the Billiard Ball production or pulling the sharpie out of it then the FPS gimmick is kind of built for that. However it wouldn't surprise me if people figure out a way to do it with the pocket portal. Already had someone send through a clip of the sharpie production.

Pocket portal will take a bit of practice. But once you master it you'll have a really sweet utility tool!

.... And yes ladies swoon when I flex how manly my Pocket Portal is....
leipzisch
View Profile
Special user
928 Posts

Profile of leipzisch
Finally arrived and I'm going to say this is an undercover GEM!
sammyshowtime
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of sammyshowtime
Quote:
On Jun 23, 2021, leipzisch wrote:
Finally arrived and I'm going to say this is an undercover GEM!

awesome! Glad you like it. Looking forward to seeing what other people come up with using it! Smile
tester2006
View Profile
Loyal user
210 Posts

Profile of tester2006
Can anyone comment on the skill level needed to perform these tricks?
sammyshowtime
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of sammyshowtime
Quote:
On Jul 7, 2021, tester2006 wrote:
Can anyone comment on the skill level needed to perform these tricks?

Hello,

Like any coin magic it varies in skill level. The basic steal is fairly simple. And then some of the loads get a little more advanced.

With some basic coin knowledge you'll grasp the basics pretty quickly.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Pocket Portal By Sam King from Ellusionist (1 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL