We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Legend Cups cracking (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4145 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
About few weeks ago I received a set of TCC's Legend Cups. I always carefully inspect a new set of cups. All looked well. They have received light use in the month I have had them. Cup thru cup maybe a dozen times. Some work with the old 'wand goes thru the cups' illusion (using an all-wood wand). This morning I noticed quite a bit of cracking near the lip of, and significant marring elsewhere on one cup that has not appeared on the other 2. In fact, all photos are from the same cup. Interesting, too, is I am seeing a bright silver color underneath.

Using a wood wand, one can certainly anticipate minor marring in a finish, but here it is at another level (see 2nd to last photo, interior of skirt rings)...unless it is from the top of another cup, but there is no damage to the top of any cup. It is the cracking around the lip that is most significant, however.

The other 2 cups have some *very* minor finish wear, but are otherwise just fine.

Experimenting with cup and wand did not have any results comparable to the photos.

I'll be contacting the shop where I purchased to discuss. Just an fyi to those considering a purchase.

My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
All the voices in my head helped me make
2221 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
This could be an issue with ALL Legend cups since the base metal is Brass.
Licensed Steve Dusheck Manufacturer and distributor visit www.airshipmagic.com
yin_howe
View Profile
Special user
Malaysia
845 Posts

Profile of yin_howe
Quote:
On Jun 2, 2021, Mad Jake wrote:

Are brass easier to crack?
"Talent without passion is talent wasted.."
https://www.youtube.com/user/yinhowe80/
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
All the voices in my head helped me make
2221 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
Quote:
On Jul 7, 2021, yin_howe wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 2, 2021, Mad Jake wrote:

Are brass easier to crack?

Brass and stainless, if not annealed enough will eventually start to crack. Stainless not so much, it usually happens right away during the spinning
process.
Licensed Steve Dusheck Manufacturer and distributor visit www.airshipmagic.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Legend Cups cracking (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL