The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » To thouse went ahead and got your vaccine Early, too bad! (14 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2913 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
Quote:
On Jun 10, 2021, R.S. wrote:

Let us know how your pfizer shot goes today. I'm sure it will be pfine.

Ron

Went well. Drive thru, well organized, friendly. Beautiful day, very nice weather- no humidity here today.

R.S.
View Profile
Regular user
CT one day I'll have
173 Posts

Profile of R.S.
Glad to hear all went well, Laurie!

Ron
"It is error only, and not truth, that shrinks from inquiry." Thomas Paine
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2913 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
Thank you, Ron. Smile
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20567 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I am happy to hear you found a vaccine you are comfortable with.

Medicine like this is not, or I guess I should say to me is not an easy just do it and don't worry about it sort of thing.

Good for you for deliberating.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2913 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
Thank you, Danny. Smile
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20567 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
By the way ESPECIALLY today good for you for deliberating! I mean when those of us who do get painted as "anti vaxer" and other such things when all we are doing is seeking information. It can be frustrating to think for yourself Laurie, and though we may have vastly different positions on many things we share the EXACT same position on free thinking! I always respected that. (Sorry it doesn't come out that way at times.) The reason for that is a trait we don't share in the least. I lack tact!
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2913 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
I lose tact sometimes, but thank you, Danny. Appreciated. Smile
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2913 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
And now, there's this:

"published on 06/11/2021

"CDC to meet next week to discuss possible link between mRNA vaccines and heart inflammation

"The agency hasn’t determined if there’s a causal relationship between coronavirus vaccines and cases of myocarditis

"The CDC’s Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices is set to meet next week to discuss a potential link between heart inflammation and COVID-19 vaccines that use messenger RNA (mRNA) technology.

"The meeting was planned after vaccine safety monitoring systems showed that a small portion of vaccinated people experienced a condition called myocarditis. The CDC said Thursday that the systems revealed a higher-than-expected number of cases of heart inflammation after the second dose of mRNA COVID-19 vaccines.

"The agency said more than half of the cases occurred in patients between the ages of 12 and 24 who had received either Pfizer’s or Moderna’s vaccines. Most cases (nearly 80%) occurred in men, and most happened within a week of receiving the second shot."

https://www.consumeraffairs.com/news/cdc......121.html

I thought I might have seen this mentioned here previously, but can't find it.
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2913 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
"In a presentation Thursday to a Food and Drug Administration advisory group, Dr. Tom Shimabukuro, deputy director of the CDC's Immunization Safety Office, said his agency analyzed data from a tracking system for adverse events following vaccinations. There were 285 suspected cases of myocarditis and pericarditis in people 30 or younger — 226 of which met the CDC’s 'working case definition' of the conditions. Fifteen are still hospitalized and three are in intensive care."

https://www.ny1.com/nyc/all-boroughs/hea......cination
R.S.
View Profile
Regular user
CT one day I'll have
173 Posts

Profile of R.S.
Thanks for those links, Laurie. I had also seen those reports. It's great that we have mechanisms for tracking and investigating these adverse incidents. That's exactly how the system should work. As we accumulate more data we can update our knowledge and act accordingly. The scientific process is one of constant refinements. And that's a good thing.

Also from your article:

"In the meantime, health officials still recommend that everyone 12 or older be vaccinated, noting that the cases of myocarditis and pericarditis are very rare. More than 172 million Americans have received at least one vaccine and more than 141 million are fully vaccinated."

And most importantly, deaths from Covid are WAY down.

Ron
slowkneenuh
View Profile
Regular user
After 5,278+ posts, only credited with
132 Posts

Profile of slowkneenuh
This pandemic has caused me to question whether we have reached the point where too much information is available and it's a bad thing. I've always been a sponge for information and was an avid practitioner using internet search engines for information on any subject, frequently using several to get a "balanced" view. Then the pandemic came along and my searches became intense. Now, it seems whenever there is positive news about anything and you begin to relax, shortly thereafter there comes additional information which raises other issues to cause a return to your stress level. This is particularly true about Covid information. In most cases it's information of little value to an individual and causes unnecessary concern and justifies "no news is good news". I have started to severely limit my inquiries and access to news until the pandemic is finally over and then only do it when necessary.
John

"A poor workman always blames his tools"
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5022 Posts

Profile of landmark
There are risks getting the vaccine and risks getting COVID. My poor best friend, a few years younger and in good health, caught COVID, and had a heart attack. Thankfully he lived through it, but he is still very debilitated a year after. So it's all a matter of risk assessment. No one-size-fits-all solutions here.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20567 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On Jun 12, 2021, landmark wrote:
There are risks getting the vaccine and risks getting COVID. My poor best friend, a few years younger and in good health, caught COVID, and had a heart attack. Thankfully he lived through it, but he is still very debilitated a year after. So it's all a matter of risk assessment. No one-size-fits-all solutions here.

Yea and ain't that the whole point?

Every single sentence you wrote is true and we could avoid the name calling and the ridiculous nature of our discourse if we just understood this.

I am glad to hear your friend survived and hope for his complete as possible recovery.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4142 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Israeli health officials released a reported saying that vaccinated young people - particularly young men - were developing heart inflammation at a rate 25 times the average rate.

Dr. Hooman Noorchashm (faculty appointments include positions at the University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Harvard Medical School, et al...) discussed this on a video he uploaded to Youtube - quoting CDC numbers. Youtube removed the video, because it violated their "medical misinformation policy".

Likewise, Dr. Tracy Hoag (MD, PhD, authored a CDC guidance about schools being safe) logged onto Twitter to say, "Post-vax myocarditis was clearly above baseline at the end of May. As previously discussed, we are standing on shaky ground if we say the risk to otherwise healthy kids from Covid-19 is higher than it is from the vaccine."

She then quotes CDC numbers.

Not surprisingly, Twitter flags her post stating that it is misleading. LOL, she quoted CDC numbers, copying and pasting CDC charts!

We clearly have 2 streams of information battling each other for influence. One of them is actively suppressing any information they don't want to public to see (or, see as valid).

Some time ago, the AG of Michigan, Dana Nessel, found out that a restaurant owner was going on a national news program to talk about the state's lockdown orders had how they had affected her business. Nessel - the state's Attorney General - sent an email to her staff, stating, "Do we know her whereabouts? We should have her picked up before she goes on. This is outrageous." Even more than outrageous, this is banana republic level stuff.

Outrageous, indeed, that the likes of Twitter, Youtube and Facebook have set themselves up as the arbiters of what information you should/should not know or have access too.
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16251 Posts

Profile of tommy
While normal people were desperate to “return to normal” the magicians were never normal.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
R.S.
View Profile
Regular user
CT one day I'll have
173 Posts

Profile of R.S.
Quote:
On Jun 14, 2021, Chessmann wrote:
Israeli health officials released a reported saying that vaccinated young people - particularly young men - were developing heart inflammation at a rate 25 times the average rate.

And here is that Israeli report:

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2021/06/......cination

“In a report submitted today to the Israeli Ministry of Health, they conclude that between one in 3000 and one in 6000 men ages 16 to 24 who received the vaccine developed the rare condition. But most cases were mild and resolved within a few weeks, which is typical for myocarditis. “I can’t imagine it’s going to be anything that would cause medical people to say we shouldn’t vaccinate kids,” says Douglas Diekema, a pediatrician and bioethicist at Seattle Children’s Hospital.”

Quote:

Dr. Hooman Noorchashm (faculty appointments include positions at the University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Harvard Medical School, et al...) discussed this on a video he uploaded to Youtube - quoting CDC numbers. Youtube removed the video, because it violated their "medical misinformation policy".

Likewise, Dr. Tracy Hoag (MD, PhD, authored a CDC guidance about schools being safe) logged onto Twitter to say, "Post-vax myocarditis was clearly above baseline at the end of May. As previously discussed, we are standing on shaky ground if we say the risk to otherwise healthy kids from Covid-19 is higher than it is from the vaccine."

Anyone can acquire the virus, not get sick, and then pass it on to someone else who may not be so lucky. So whether or not healthy kids get sick with covid themselves is not the point. The aim, especially early on, was to limit transmission of the virus. And that makes sense. That being said, we only know about these rare adverse effects because the system is working! There are mechanisms to track them and trigger further investigation. Which is exactly what is being done. Meanwhile, the overwhelming majority of medical professionals are currently advising that kids get vaccinated.

Quote:

She then quotes CDC numbers.

Not surprisingly, Twitter flags her post stating that it is misleading. LOL, she quoted CDC numbers, copying and pasting CDC charts!

We clearly have 2 streams of information battling each other for influence. One of them is actively suppressing any information they don't want to public to see (or, see as valid).

Some time ago, the AG of Michigan, Dana Nessel, found out that a restaurant owner was going on a national news program to talk about the state's lockdown orders had how they had affected her business. Nessel - the state's Attorney General - sent an email to her staff, stating, "Do we know her whereabouts? We should have her picked up before she goes on. This is outrageous." Even more than outrageous, this is banana republic level stuff.

Outrageous, indeed, that the likes of Twitter, Youtube and Facebook have set themselves up as the arbiters of what information you should/should not know or have access too.

One should not be relying on social media for important medical advice. At any rate, those platforms have the right to enforce their particular rules. And speaking of streams of information, we know there is a strong anti-vax contingent that traffics in half-truths and misinformation.

And here are the facts of the Dana Nessel story, which you neglected to provide. The full context completely changes the complexion of the story, and renders the restaurant owner not so innocent after all:

Michigan Attorney General Dana Nessel announced the arrest of Marlena Pavlos-Hackney, owner of Marlena’s Bistro and Pizzeria in Holland.

The AG’s office said Pavlos-Hackney has continued to willfully violate the state’s food laws, public health orders and a court-ordered Temporary Restraining Order which was converted into a Preliminary Injunction.

Pavlos-Hackney, 55, Holland, was taken into custody by Michigan State Police (MSP) Friday at 5:45 a.m. on an outstanding Ingham County Civil Warrant for Contempt of Court, for failing to comply in a civil case filed by the Michigan Department of Agriculture and Rural Development (MDARD v. Zante Inc., dba Marlena’s Bistro and Pizzeria). She was arrested, without incident, following a traffic stop on Lakewood Blvd and 160th in Ottawa County.

Timeline
Jan. 20: Marlena’s food establishment license was suspended by MDARD.
The restaurant has been operating without a license since then, in violation of the Michigan Food Law.
Feb. 1: An administrative hearing was held to determine if the suspension was proper.
Feb. 11: Administrative Law Judge issued a decision and an order continuing the summary suspension of Marlena’s food license.

“This owner has continued to willfully violate the state’s food laws, public health orders and the order of the court – a dangerous act that may have exposed dozens of diners and employees to the virus following the discovery that one of Marlena’s customers tested positive for the virus within two days of eating there,” said Nessel “MDARD is particularly concerned because the potential exposure happened at a restaurant that refuses to comply with basic COVID-19 measures required by the Michigan Department of Health & Human Services.”

The Allegan County Health Department issued a news release informing the public about any potential exposure to COVID-19.
On March 11, Pavlos-Hackney was advised by MSP via phone that a warrant had been issued for her arrest and she was advised to turn herself in by March 18, which she failed to do.

Kelly Rossman-McKinney, spokeswoman for the Attorney General’s office, released a statement on the emails: “Ms. Pavlos-Hackney willfully violated the state's food laws, public health orders and orders of the court--a dangerous act that may have exposed dozens of diners and employees to the virus following the discovery that one of Marlena's customers tested positive for the virus within two days of eating there. Ms. Pavlos-Hackney’s decision to then go on national television and flaunt her noncompliance compromised the state’s ability to protect public safety during a global pandemic and likely emboldened others to break the law.”

Ron
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » To thouse went ahead and got your vaccine Early, too bad! (14 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.28 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL