We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » $TAMP by Joe Deng / The Orange Tree Studio (132 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19~20~21
rosariorose9
View Profile
Inner circle
Kreskin guessed that I had
1092 Posts

Profile of rosariorose9
Thanks, videoman, glad to hear mine isn't the only one with the indentations. By the way, you bought TWO??!!
Magic Dust
View Profile
Special user
957 Posts

Profile of Magic Dust
Quote:
On Sep 10, 2021, rosariorose9 wrote:
Thanks, Magic Dust. I had seen videoman's earlier post suggesting that, and had tried it, but it didn't work.

My G also sat extremely tight but now it works with this method very well

BUT I must emphasize you have to bump 3-4 times very hard on a solid surface !
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3613 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Before reading of videoman's clever bang ring idea (which works well, but yes as Magic Dust mentions you do need to rap it quite hard) I was using a small hammer to tap the head of the supplied gimmick. That also worked well for me. The gaff is tight but I prefer that, and will take having to work a bit harder to unlock it. Was on vacation for a couple of weeks and had a chance to perform it for a number of people using my suggested foil ball idea. Very pleased with the postive reactions it got.
rosariorose9
View Profile
Inner circle
Kreskin guessed that I had
1092 Posts

Profile of rosariorose9
Just re-read this thread (yes, all 20+ pages!), and many good suggestions. JM Talbot's tin foil idea, in particular, is brilliant! By the way, after engaging and disengaging the gimmick multiple times, and employing a bit of powdered graphite to 'grease the works', mine is now usable. Still a challenge to 'open', but, as videoman said, better too tight than not tight enough.
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
9326 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Have to agree. Tighter the better imo.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » $TAMP by Joe Deng / The Orange Tree Studio (132 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19~20~21
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL