The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Small table for Roth’s coin through table (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

VernonOnCoins
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC
1979 Posts

Profile of VernonOnCoins
Used to have this. Anyone still manufacture it? Thanks
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4675 Posts

Profile of Michael Rubinstein
I believe that Meir Yedid acquired the rights to produce it. I actually just looked at Roth's original table this morning! He kept it in a special tin, which was padded to protect the table. He also had a cute small blue tablecloth that he used to cover the table. Meir is planning to release an effect every few months, so at some loint will release this I am sure. So best to subscribe to his newsletter at www.mymagic.com
S.E.M. (The Sun, the Moon, and the Earth) is a sun and moon routine unlike any other. Limited to 100 sets, here is the promo:
https://youtu.be/aFuAWCNEuOI?si=ZdDUNV8lUPWvtOcL
$325 ppd USA (Shipping extra outside of USA). If interested, shoot me an email for ordering information at rubinsteindvm@aol.com
Chuck Finley
View Profile
Regular user
139 Posts

Profile of Chuck Finley
I used the one Chazpro sold for years I love it and it works like a charm with no gaffed coins.
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4675 Posts

Profile of Michael Rubinstein
Someone made a table with a slot instead of a magnet (maybe Chazpro, I don't know). David called the guy to complain that it wasn't the guy's trick to sell. The guy gave David a hard time, saying that his method was different, etc. I don't know that he was wrong, being that the table was made differently, but the concept was David's. It was a gray area, as David had it in print, but the idea was that people would use David's routine. David was very upset that he couldn't get the guy to stop making the table, but I don't know what happened after that. I do know that David had a nicely made slot table among his belongings, but it wasn't what he used.
S.E.M. (The Sun, the Moon, and the Earth) is a sun and moon routine unlike any other. Limited to 100 sets, here is the promo:
https://youtu.be/aFuAWCNEuOI?si=ZdDUNV8lUPWvtOcL
$325 ppd USA (Shipping extra outside of USA). If interested, shoot me an email for ordering information at rubinsteindvm@aol.com
VernonOnCoins
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC
1979 Posts

Profile of VernonOnCoins
Thanks!!!
Peckham
View Profile
Loyal user
225 Posts

Profile of Peckham
Garrith Gwakins from Hidden Wren Magic made me one with the magnets "inside" the table so if you wanted you can hand out the table. I sent him a variety of magnetic coins so he could get the strength correct.
Bremner
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of Bremner
Found this one. Is this what you are looking for?

http://themagicgadgetsite.com/4960.html
Chuck Finley
View Profile
Regular user
139 Posts

Profile of Chuck Finley
Quote:
On Jun 7, 2021, Bremner wrote:
Found this one. Is this what you are looking for?

http://themagicgadgetsite.com/4960.html

is this one made by electrofun form India. I cannot think of the new name of the company.
Bremner
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of Bremner
Not sure Chuck, but I went ahead and ordered it today. I will post when I get it.
Chuck Finley
View Profile
Regular user
139 Posts

Profile of Chuck Finley
I will be honest I love the Roth effect but the Chazpro table is actually a superior method for a couple reasons: first it requires no special coins and second it stands taller so the falling of the coins is far more pronounced. I am not trying to say Davids was bad these two things are just my observations of why I think it is better.

The first reason allows for a bit more casual approach to the effect it also allows for changes in the loading so that you are not repeating the same procedure to get one ahead. The space between the bottom of the table gives just a fraction of a second longer of "drop time" so it is slightly more visual as it falls. I know some would say this is so little it makes little difference but stick with me here.

When you watch video of them both being done you will note that Davids idea causes the coins to drop on a horizontal axis this means that you are seeing something drop and then hearing it. You can certainly see the coin drop but because it falls edge wise to the audience the sound is what tells you more than what you are seeing. It sounds like a coin when they clink together.

The Chazpro table is different: due to the method the coin actually drops out and begins to land on edge more or less and when you watch it fall it catches light not so differently than how a coin creates that burn in a retention vanish. You get a glimpse of silver as it falls and because it is just that fraction higher you get a bit more flash. This flash of silver along with the sound creates a nice visual look to the coin falling. Of course none of this means much if you are doing it and people are looking from above. I find this to be the case when I do; it as the people will often lower their heads after the first coin to get a better look at the next coin falling.

As far as David and the rights to the table go I can see why he would be upset but honestly the methods are different though the effect is the same. But I guess to me its like wanting some one to stop selling chop cups because you do a cup routine that has no gimmick in the cup, or not wanting someone to do a routine because you use a double lift and you use a pass, etc. I think Chazpro took the next step forward in designing a better table but that is simply my opinion. Now if they sold David's style or put his face on the box without asking that is quite a bit different.

Bremner
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of Bremner
Found another small table today. https://fantasmamagic.com/products/mini-......jl-magic No M****t.
Mark Williams
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas, Nevada
513 Posts

Profile of Mark Williams
I bought this small table about 30 years ago. It had a perfect recessed bottom for the special something. I found that steel core coins worked best with this. Check it out...

Best Magical Regards,

Mark Williams
"Once is Magic!! Twice is an Education!!"
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Quote:
On Jun 6, 2021, VernonOnCoins wrote:
Used to have this. Anyone still manufacture it? Thanks

It's Roth's item. He may have granted manufacturing rights. Check with Meir Yedid.

If you are looking for a nice miniature table to use to get set up on your own - check the toy store near B&N in Manhattan which had a nice selection of doll house furniture.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Small table for Roth’s coin through table (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL