The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Mentalism Goldmine (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

TheSecretFire
View Profile
Special user
597 Posts

Profile of TheSecretFire
Hello! I recently read a book which is, as Subject line states, an absolute treasure-trove of presentation ideas.

https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/......pickover

It's going to cost a grand total of about 6 bucks, and provides a wealth of information on fortune-telling techniques, ancient traditions, stories, and experiments.

It was a pretty amazing find. And the author is an intriguing character as well.

Best,
Tom Phoenix
quantum_swami
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of quantum_swami
This looks great, thanks for sharing. Might be worth starting a thread over in the Penny for Your Thoughts section. They get off on stuff like this over there Smile
Race Blakhart
View Profile
Special user
Selma,CA
623 Posts

Profile of Race Blakhart
Just found it on ebay with free shipping. Ordered! Thanks for the recommendation! (And for all the great free stuff you give your subscribers!)
TheSecretFire
View Profile
Special user
597 Posts

Profile of TheSecretFire
Quick edit:

When I made the post, the books were $1.95. Now it looks like either the price was increased, or maybe that batch of copies sold out. Anyway, the current price is $53.64.... I'd still say it is worth it. That line in the original post about it being $6 doesn't hold true anymore.

Race, you're very welcome! Web design is my 'real job', magic is just a paying hobby, so I can afford to give out a bunch of stuff for free.

Tom
TheSecretFire
View Profile
Special user
597 Posts

Profile of TheSecretFire
Also, I should mention that I have exactly nothing to do with the book, and gain nothing from the sales.
Mr. Woolery
View Profile
Inner circle
Fairbanks, AK
2149 Posts

Profile of Mr. Woolery
I think you created a run on the cheap used copies. I tried several places. Alibris had a copy. In the time it took me to check out, someone else nabbed it.

Patrick
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
Well Tom, at least you know you are quite an influencer within the community.
Jerskin
View Profile
Inner circle
2496 Posts

Profile of Jerskin
Found a copy at the library
GrEg oTtO

MUNDUS VULT DECIPI
Maxyedid
View Profile
Special user
Panama
843 Posts

Profile of Maxyedid
Many years ago, when Paul [Harris] started his company “PH Presents”, there was a section in his website (subsequently removed) with “Recommended Links”. One of the links was to this guy’s website (the author Tom mentions).

http://www.pickover.com/

So now you know part of Paul’s inspiration, where does it comes from.
NEW BOOK! "Semi-Automatic Miracles" - INSTANT Best-Seller at Lybrary.com
https://www.lybrary.com/semiautomatic-card-miracles-p-925333.html
chaos handlings, out of hands effects, and more
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
2827 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Tom, thanks for the book recommendation! Ordered. Much appreciated.
socalguy
View Profile
New user
Los Angeles
51 Posts

Profile of socalguy
Thanks for the link, but now the price is $65.00! Quite a jump from $1.95 all within a week! Bitcoin speculators move over! I bet the used book sellers are scratching their heads in disbelief!
Race Blakhart
View Profile
Special user
Selma,CA
623 Posts

Profile of Race Blakhart
Quote:
On Jun 15, 2021, socalguy wrote:
Thanks for the link, but now the price is $65.00! Quite a jump from $1.95 all within a week! Bitcoin speculators move over! I bet the used book sellers are scratching their heads in disbelief!

I've seen this happen before with other books mentioned on the Café. It seems the sellers have a way of learning when their specific products are being discussed online.
reese
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell
1332 Posts

Profile of reese
It's more like the cheaper ones sell out and the higher priced ones further up the list are what remain.
Race Blakhart
View Profile
Special user
Selma,CA
623 Posts

Profile of Race Blakhart
Quote:
On Jun 22, 2021, reese wrote:
It's more like the cheaper ones sell out and the higher priced ones further up the list are what remain.

That doesn't seem to be the case here, as I noticed a seller who had it for a few bucks on Amazon has now raised the price exponentially. And that happened basically overnight.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Mentalism Goldmine (1 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL