We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » NEW APP - Streets Pro by Marc Kerstein (19 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2270 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
Quote:
On Jun 12, 2021, AntonF wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 12, 2021, dooblehorn wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 11, 2021, AntonF wrote:
Can be any place in the world selected, or is it limited to a (motivated) specific place? The name of the streets are in English format only, or it depends on the country, or it can be customized? Could be done in any language, I mean, the name of the streets are legit or "translated"?

AntonF, I just got this, but, from what I can tell it's the real name of the streets in the local language, not translated to English...(I picked Taiwan to test it and all the street names are in Chinese). So, yes, any place in the world.

Thanks, I live in Europe and it is important to know that.

Is easy to pair with spectators phone? Such us wikitest or xeno? The peek can be seen from an Apple Watch?

Thanks in advance

I was wondering too about Apple watch, but the way the app is designed, I don't think it would fit. Easy to pair with text, email or QR code. Hope I'm not being too specific here
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
2820 Posts

Profile of lunatik
So no Apple Watch support?
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
cardistry master
View Profile
Special user
624 Posts

Profile of cardistry master
Not currently although he’s planning to add it.
Robert Sixx
View Profile
Special user
795 Posts

Profile of Robert Sixx
I'm not sure I have a complete understanding of this. The app is for iPhone, but it sends you to, or emulates, Google Maps. However, the default map application on iPhone is Apple Maps which most people, at least here in the US that I am familiar with use rather than Google Maps. So what am I missing? It sounds like a cool app, but the only ones that I know that use Google Maps are Android users. So again, what am I missing here?

Robert
Catch me on Twitter @RobertSixx or Facebook -- Robert Sixx
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
2546 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
Robert as you point out this works with website emulation of google maps. I don't think apple maps has a web equivalent and possibly doesn't allow manipulation by an outside program.
TheDirectionalist
View Profile
Special user
I predict that I will have this many posts when you read this:
921 Posts

Profile of TheDirectionalist
Quote:
On Jun 12, 2021, Robert Sixx wrote:
I'm not sure I have a complete understanding of this. The app is for iPhone, but it sends you to, or emulates, Google Maps. However, the default map application on iPhone is Apple Maps which most people, at least here in the US that I am familiar with use rather than Google Maps. So what am I missing? It sounds like a cool app, but the only ones that I know that use Google Maps are Android users. So again, what am I missing here?

Robert

I have an iPhone and ALWAYS use Google maps. Apple Maps is terrible lol
JackMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1930 Posts

Profile of JackMagic
Quote:
On Jun 11, 2021, Dutchie wrote:
Wouldn't you make more selling to magic dealers and then taking a cut, like all the other app developers do?

Do you understand that Murphy’s take 60% cut

Even with Apple no way you would lose 60%

Plus the end user can purchase and download instantly

( so if sold via Murphy’s the end user will be paying a lot more to cover the mark up , that Murphy’s/ Dealer takes)

Personally I would rather support the creators , I do think Ryan Schlutz’s has set the standard on how to sell a magic app

And the creator needs to be more open and not just a demo of a few mates reactions
Mark_Chandaue
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex UK
3778 Posts

Profile of Mark_Chandaue
I am on an iPhone and always use google maps. Same for the Mrs. Google maps was already very well established before Apple added maps.

Mark
Mark Chandaue A.I.M.C.
Harpacrown is available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk
Harpacrown Too is available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk/?product=harpacrown-too
Ophiuchus is available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk/?product=ophiuchus
Totally Free Will is available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk/?product=totally-free-will
cardistry master
View Profile
Special user
624 Posts

Profile of cardistry master
I also always use google maps but there’s no way to share a direct link from Apple Maps
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
9325 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Jun 13, 2021, Mark_Chandaue wrote:
I am on an iPhone and always use google maps. Same for the Mrs. Google maps was already very well established before Apple added maps.

Mark

Agreed. I remember one of their updates where they had Apple maps as default and there was outrage. It didn’t take long for Apple to re establish Google maps as the default. No one uses Apple maps. Period.
magicmarcuk
View Profile
Veteran user
377 Posts

Profile of magicmarcuk
So that you can see what you're getting, I've put together an unlisted, full performance video, annotated with what I'm doing at each step.

Note that this is just one way of performing it - there are multiple ways to pair, you can skip parts of the routine, you can customise how and what you peek, and much more.

I've also extended the sale period, giving you more time to decide if you want to purchase it at its cheaper price.

Thanks.
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
1780 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
Quote:
On Jun 15, 2021, magicmarcuk wrote:
So that you can see what you're getting, I've put together an unlisted, full performance video, annotated with what I'm doing at each step.

Note that this is just one way of performing it - there are multiple ways to pair, you can skip parts of the routine, you can customise how and what you peek, and much more.

I've also extended the sale period, giving you more time to decide if you want to purchase it at its cheaper price.

Thanks.

Hi Marc,

Just so I am clear, the whole performance was done with the pairing method at the start via the pin?
So once paired, I could do all those effects in one performance?

Thanks
magicmarcuk
View Profile
Veteran user
377 Posts

Profile of magicmarcuk
Quote:
On Jun 15, 2021, reignofsound wrote:
Quote:

Thanks.

Hi Marc,

Just so I am clear, the whole performance was done with the pairing method at the start via the pin?
So once paired, I could do all those effects in one performance?

Thanks

That's correct. As I mentioned, there are other ways that this can be done (the app also supports creating QR codes and flashing NFC tags), but that video shows the performance in full, from start to finish, with many of the Street Pro's bells and whistles.

Note that the prediction part is an open prediction - the spectator can be staring at that pin the whole time as they name a place, and the reveal becomes a "slow burn" as they slowly zoom in to find that the location is correct.

And this all takes place before the main effect..!
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
2820 Posts

Profile of lunatik
So when using a NFC tag, is that a one and done process or does one have to program each time you perform? I noticed that each link lasts about 30 mins
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
MentalPhilo
View Profile
New user
Texas
24 Posts

Profile of MentalPhilo
Do you know what the last day of the sale will be?

Quote:

Thanks.
jerdunn
View Profile
Inner circle
1679 Posts

Profile of jerdunn
Is $59.99 (current cost on Apple Store) the special sale price? Or did I miss the sale window?

Thanks!
Jerry
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
9325 Posts

Profile of pegasus
55 pounds in the U.K. I can’t imagine that’s the sale price.
magicmarcuk
View Profile
Veteran user
377 Posts

Profile of magicmarcuk
Quote:
On Jun 16, 2021, jerdunn wrote:
Is $59.99 (current cost on Apple Store) the special sale price? Or did I miss the sale window?

Thanks!
Jerry

Yes; this is the sale price. It will remain on sale for a few more days.
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
1780 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
I will need to hang off till payday.
Streets was good but this looks so fair.
magicmarcuk
View Profile
Veteran user
377 Posts

Profile of magicmarcuk
Quote:
On Jun 11, 2021, pegasus wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 11, 2021, magicmarcuk wrote:
I'm pleased to finally announce my brand new app: Streets Pro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntoOo0U45R0

Streets Pro is a digital book test that uses a map on a borrowed phone.
You'll be able to perform multiple effects with a map, both in person and remotely.

Download Streets Pro from the App Store

- Predict which location a spectator will select in advance.
- Determine which street name a spectator is merely thinking of.
- Reveal information about a freely chosen local area.

For example:
- You send a spectator a link to a zoomed out pin on a map.
- Have them name ANY location.
- They zoom in to the map to see that the prediction was correct.

And then...

- Have your spectator zoom in to the map to ANY location in the world and just think of a street name.
- You'll be able to tell them the street name, plus information about the local area such as restaurants and Cafés, what place they were just thinking of searching for before, and much more!

Streets Pro uses concepts that I've created and refined from my most popular work:

- WikiTest's popular Live Peek has been added, letting you live peek the information before your spectator has even finished typing.
- The Earworm prediction pairing method for WikiTest inspired the predict-to-pair mechanism in Streets Pro.
Xeno's no-typing style peek and QR code pairing mechanism.
- Like in WikiTest, Streets Pro can flash NFC tags for pairing.
WikiTest & Xeno's Touch To Peek has been updated with new modes.

Streets Pro also introduces some new features, including an adaptive Peek Screen: the most advanced peek screen ever in a magic app.

This is a fully customisable display with multiple sources of information which adapts depending on relevance, including a minimap, POI lookup, what3words support, a progessive anagram generator, and much, much more.

Download Streets Pro from the App Store here, on sale for a limited time:
https://apple.co/3vb7ovc
Download Streets Pro from the App Store

Thanks!

You need to take a leaf out of Ryan Schlutz’s book and make your app workings more transparent. That demo showed me nothing other than your friends reactions. Come on Marc, you can do better than that, and you need to at your asking price.

Thanks for your feedback, pegasus. I posted a full performance video since with annotations of the method at each step, so you can see exactly what I'm doing at all times.
Hopefully this makes it totally clear as to what I'm doing throughout the routine.

Either way, I'm around if anyone has any questions - more than happy to clear anything up so everyone can make an informed decision.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » NEW APP - Streets Pro by Marc Kerstein (19 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.22 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL