The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » NEW APP - Streets Pro by Marc Kerstein (21 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
casco1
View Profile
New user
97 Posts

Profile of casco1
App is great only flaw is that when spectator types in the search bar no suggestions appear as in the real website.
magicmarcuk
View Profile
Elite user
454 Posts

Profile of magicmarcuk
Quote:
On Jun 17, 2021, casco1 wrote:
App is great only flaw is that when spectator types in the search bar no suggestions appear as in the real website.

Thanks casco - I'm glad you like it.

Indeed - there are a few intentional differences. The rationale here is that if a suggestion was given and used, it would prevent you from being able to interrupt the spectator from typing, and therefore from receiving a full live peek. The psychology of "I'm getting that you were thinking of something else, but you didn't even search for it, correct?" would therefore be lost, as you'd either not receive the peek, or they would have indeed used the suggestion to search for it.

I hope you realise that this isn't a flaw, but a purposeful discreprency that actually enhances the effect, which goes totally unnoticed.

If you're worried about the live peek, then don't use it - you certainly don't need to!
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
3225 Posts

Profile of lunatik
So when using a NFC tag, is that a one and done process or does one have to program each time you perform? I noticed that each link lasts about 30 mins
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
magicmarcuk
View Profile
Elite user
454 Posts

Profile of magicmarcuk
@lunatik - for now, yes. Given the app can write NFC tags itself, you simply need to tap your phone to it for a second before a performance should you want to use one. (You of course also have to do other things such as unlock your phone and open up the app each time, too - the extra second it takes to write the tag hopefully shouldn’t add much.)

Note that this isn’t arbitrary, but is an intentional, considered trade off between things such as method discovery and ease of use.

As with all of my products, I put a lot of work into these things and deliver a lot of updates. Should it be the case that I feel I’ve got the balance wrong, I’m sure I’ll fix it in an update. But in months of testing, it seems to be working well so far.
StarManager
View Profile
Inner circle
Maui, Hawaii
1012 Posts

Profile of StarManager
[/quote] You need to take a leaf out of Ryan Schlutz’s book and make your app workings more transparent. That demo showed me nothing other than your friends reactions. Come on Marc, you can do better than that, and you need to at your asking price. [/quote]

I agree. This just doesn't tell us how the spec gets a link and how legit it feels to them. The ad is deceptive: "I've annotated (the video) with method so that you can see exactly what I'm doing at each stage. That's just plain deceptive. Nothing is "annotated" and we do not see "exactly what you are doing" at each stage. When a $60 app promises transparency and then does not provide it in the selling phase, how do we believe this enough to buy? Furstrated and not willing to get this until I see other's I respect like it.
"I'm a professional magician and once in a while I even work." Jonathan Todd Excelsior (StarManager)
MentalPhilo
View Profile
New user
Texas
36 Posts

Profile of MentalPhilo
Maybe I’m out of line here but I feel that some are being a bit harsh. It seems the spec gets the link when you text it to them. I also believe that if you own Marc’s other products you can probably figure out the method, or close to it. If your new to his apps then I can see a hesitation or a want to know more. From what I understand and know though, we are not supposed to divulge too much here. I get wanting transparency, but there is a thin line where that becomes exposure and then no one will want the app because QQ specs know how it’s done. I have Marc’s other apps and when I can (got to wait on money) will get this one, no hesitation. If you got to wait for those you trust to endorse or condemn I understand that too.
StarManager
View Profile
Inner circle
Maui, Hawaii
1012 Posts

Profile of StarManager
Quote:
On Jun 17, 2021, MentalPhilo wrote:
Maybe I’m out of line here but I feel that some are being a bit harsh. It seems the spec gets the link when you text it to them. I also believe that if you own Marc’s other products you can probably figure out the method, or close to it. If your new to his apps then I can see a hesitation or a want to know more. From what I understand and know though, we are not supposed to divulge too much here. I get wanting transparency, but there is a thin line where that becomes exposure and then no one will want the app because QQ specs know how it’s done. I have Marc’s other apps and when I can (got to wait on money) will get this one, no hesitation. If you got to wait for those you trust to endorse or condemn I understand that too.

MenalPhilo: Thank you for your thoughts. I do have Marc apps but I find this (in my mind) transparent as a communication system bi-directionally. More so the way this is presented on video. I appreciate your diplomacy and tact. Those of us who have been on this board a while tend to skip the flattery and go right for the meat. Those new who walk the fine line and are courteous and respectful as you are will soon be one of the gang here. I appreciate your feedback and will consider your opinion one in the YES area. Now I need a couple of friends here with 500 posts or more to chime in with support . . . .
"I'm a professional magician and once in a while I even work." Jonathan Todd Excelsior (StarManager)
cardistry master
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of cardistry master
Quote:
On Jun 17, 2021, StarManager wrote:
You need to take a leaf out of Ryan Schlutz’s book and make your app workings more transparent. That demo showed me nothing other than your friends reactions. Come on Marc, you can do better than that, and you need to at your asking price. [/quote]

I agree. This just doesn't tell us how the spec gets a link and how legit it feels to them. The ad is deceptive: "I've annotated (the video) with method so that you can see exactly what I'm doing at each stage. That's just plain deceptive. Nothing is "annotated" and we do not see "exactly what you are doing" at each stage. When a $60 app promises transparency and then does not provide it in the selling phase, how do we believe this enough to buy? Furstrated and not willing to get this until I see other's I respect like it. [/quote]
I disagree that it’s deceptive. He shows how sending them the link is justified. He shows the voice input. He shows the peek and everything else all while saying in the video which stage it’s on. What do you want to know about how they get a link? I’m happy to help answer your questions but I don’t exactly understand what hasn’t been answered about that.
magicmarcuk
View Profile
Elite user
454 Posts

Profile of magicmarcuk
Quote:
On Jun 17, 2021, cardistry master wrote:
I disagree that it's deceptive. He shows how sending them the link is justified. He shows the voice input. He shows the peek and everything else all while saying in the video which stage it's on. What do you want to know about how they get a link? I'm happy to help answer your questions but I don;t exactly understand what hasn’t been answered about that.

Thanks.
Indeed, I think I've shown a good amount as to what the app can currently do. I'm also happy to answer questions (as I have been in the thread).

I'm also working on v1.1 which will be a free update, bringing lots more features.
Dutchie
View Profile
New user
94 Posts

Profile of Dutchie
Quote:
On Jun 17, 2021, StarManager wrote:
The ad is deceptive: "I've annotated (the video) with method so that you can see exactly what I'm doing at each stage. That's just plain deceptive. Nothing is "annotated" and we do not see "exactly what you are doing" at each stage.

Exactly right. Apart from the fact that everything is annotated and we do see exactly what is going on.

I guess you must have missed the annotations and explanations of what was going on at each stage?

The words that appear in the bottom right hand corner of the video tell you what is happened.

Things like "set up", "predict-to-pair", "voice input", "prediction reveal" etc.

This shows you him setting up the trick, sending a prediction to get the pairing, then doing voice input, then revealing the prediction.

The words on the screen tell you the thing that is going on.

Maybe you just watched a different video?
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
I purchased this. It feels to me like it looks in Marcs video. I have to personally add that I think Wiki test was a one off in terms of brilliance. It’s the only mentalism trick I do but it’s always there for me when the moment is right. This trick is exactly what it looks like. It’s their phone but you are sending them a link. There are many ways to do it. I just send a text message or use QR code. They know they are starting on something you sent. I worry a little the voice recognition won’t work well under fire or when it’s noisy but I will see. I may get to try it out IRL sooner than later and will update if I do. Marc is super responsive and always making crazy updates to his products so from that point of view no one should be worried.

Dave
StarManager
View Profile
Inner circle
Maui, Hawaii
1012 Posts

Profile of StarManager
Thanks Dave! I appreciate your analysis. I'm worried about the recognition IRL too.
Dutchie
View Profile
New user
94 Posts

Profile of Dutchie
Quote:
On Jun 18, 2021, StarManager wrote:
Thanks Dave! I appreciate your analysis. I'm worried about the recognition IRL too.

I imagine it uses the Apple voice recognition engine, so a VERY simple test would be to go someplace noisy, open up any app, hit the mic button and say stuff. See if it gets it right.

(It will - environmental noise doesn't impact it's ability)

But, that is one of many input methods available, so if you don't like it or feel confident, don't use it.
magicmarcuk
View Profile
Elite user
454 Posts

Profile of magicmarcuk
Streets Pro 1.1 is available now. It brings:

- An Apple Watch app (with a launcher complication) that brings Streets Pro's Live Peek, Progressive Anagram and Smart Redirect to your wrist.
- A new "Append Initial Location" setting to help make sure that your new set location is in the same region as the initial set location. (Thanks Josh Janousky)
- Manual input now works with non Latin based languages. (Thanks Tanan Udomcharm)
- The anagram now works in all languages.
- Location To Perform but when using the voice input is now fixed. (Thanks Clint Barron)
- Other general bug fixes.

The update is free for all users and can be downloaded via the App Store.

Thanks!
MagieLucas
View Profile
New user
Netherlands
93 Posts

Profile of MagieLucas
Hi Marc so does it work in any language??
magicmarcuk
View Profile
Elite user
454 Posts

Profile of magicmarcuk
Streets Pro 1.2 is out now on the App Store, bringing:

. -- Clearer settings layout.
. -- Override language used for multiple regions.
. -- Anagram look-ahead.
. -- Earpiece support.
. -- Bluetooth notification device support.
. -- Other bug fixes.

Streets Pro now supports English, German, Spanish, French, Italian, Portuguese, Finnish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Vietnamese, Arabic and Thai, with more languages being added over time.

As always, it's a free update for all users via the App Store.

StarManager
View Profile
Inner circle
Maui, Hawaii
1012 Posts

Profile of StarManager
MArk - with the Apple Watch support added I took the plunge. Will be working with this practicing (lucky me I have multiple cell phones) and will report back my thoughts here. Starting out skeptical but open to being wowed!
magicmarcuk
View Profile
Elite user
454 Posts

Profile of magicmarcuk
Thanks to David Penn and Sean Heydon at the Wizard Magic Review for the great review of Streets Pro, and for making it the "app of the month".

The review starts at 11:17 in this week's episode.

reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
2200 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
Missed the lower price.
DOH!
rustam2020
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of rustam2020
Hey Marc, could you reintroduce the promotional price? I just heard about your app, I wish I knew sooner. Thx!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » NEW APP - Streets Pro by Marc Kerstein (21 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL