The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Guessing Number of Cards Cut with Deck Cuts (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

shakuni
View Profile
Special user
999 Posts

Profile of shakuni
I need to do this,

1. A person cuts the deck as many times as needed.
2. Then he cuts a packet from top.
3. I can guess the number of cards cut to, and the card where he cut.

Any memdeck can do it, but for condition 1 to be fulfilled, it must be si stebbins?
Any other stack that can do it?
Rupert Pupkin
View Profile
Inner circle
1399 Posts

Profile of Rupert Pupkin
Simple solution: stacked, marked deck.

Even simpler: glimpse the face of the balance of the deck.
shakuni
View Profile
Special user
999 Posts

Profile of shakuni
What you are saying will work only if I do not allow cutting the deck in step 1.
Because how would I guess the number of cards cut to if the deck is cut by the spectator many times before starting the trick?
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
4997 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
Check out Darwin Ortiz amazing effect One Shot One kill...
Rupert Pupkin
View Profile
Inner circle
1399 Posts

Profile of Rupert Pupkin
Quote:
On Jun 13, 2021, shakuni wrote:
What you are saying will work only if I do not allow cutting the deck in step 1.
Because how would I guess the number of cards cut to if the deck is cut by the spectator many times before starting the trick?

If you're using a marked deck, you just read the top card pre-cut, then again post-cut.

But you're right, I misread your conditions — my second suggestion would not alone accomplish what you're seeking.

By the way, check out Mnemonica for a fabulous way to accomplish this effect in several, increasingly impossible phases.
disgruntledpuffin
View Profile
Elite user
i have nothing to say about my
483 Posts

Profile of disgruntledpuffin
Glimpse the top and bottom cards of the balance after the cut. You can calculate the number missing.
Russ182
View Profile
New user
44 Posts

Profile of Russ182
Have you checked out Luke Jermays Marksman deck
Nikodemus
View Profile
Elite user
421 Posts

Profile of Nikodemus
Quote:
On Jun 13, 2021, shakuni wrote:

You need to know the state of the deck (ie what is the top or bottom card) at the start of the trick. Ie after the spectator has done those pre-trick cuts you mentioned.
If the deck is marked as well as stacked (as suggested above) this is trivially easy.
Otherwise, you need to structure the presentation to give you the glimpse you need.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Guessing Number of Cards Cut with Deck Cuts (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL