We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Old vs New(ish) Approach to IT (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Merodach
View Profile
New user
North Carolina
58 Posts

Profile of Merodach
I'm a bit late to the IT game. I have just discovered Michael Ammar's Thread Miracles. As such I've been experimenting with extracting the IT from p***ty hos* and using it for some of the effects. I have to say that this is a pain in the neck and the extracted thread is also not straight (this just might be the specific thread composition ratio).

So to the point: It's a great DVD, but I'm wondering if it's dated (not the effects but for the creation of IT). For those of you who use IT do you just purchase it and/or us an IT device? Or are you a traditionalist and create your own?
cuchullain
View Profile
New user
Oklahoma City
54 Posts

Profile of cuchullain
I spent an evening getting thread from pantyhose - I use wax to mark the ends and then roll it around a pencil (several strands per pencil) and keep until it is needed. Slightly thicker is a product called MONO POLY from superiorthreads.com, or most sewing shops
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22933 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
The original thread was pulled from black French Stocking.

The best thread supplier went out of business last year.

What thread or device has more to do with how you intend to use it, magic is created by the presentation of the performer.
Merodach
View Profile
New user
North Carolina
58 Posts

Profile of Merodach
Thanks for the reply Mr. Hegbli Smile That's a great point.
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
2346 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
I used to seperate non waxed dental floss. A black sharpie marker to make it black, then seperate.
Merodach
View Profile
New user
North Carolina
58 Posts

Profile of Merodach
I would have never thought about dental floss (runs to try it) Smile
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4145 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
I've done dental floss before and think very highly of it.

One characteristic it has it that it doesn't bunch when slack.
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
2346 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
Be sure it is unwaxed.
padre rich
View Profile
Special user
563 Posts

Profile of padre rich
I bought some boxes from the billy McComb estate.in one was his collection of threads and wax.a gold mine,it includes a spool of thread that is the best I've ever seen.I introduced IT to China in 1980 with the mark Wilson troupe,so I've been a thread bug for decades,have followed the development from its early Fred kaps inception.this stuff from billy is so strong,so thin,not elastic,just perfect and I don't know where its from.have never seen its type before or since.mesika,the rest don't measure up.all the rest are primitive,by comparison.lucky me...
God's grace rocks! It makes a good cups and balls routine look pretty boring in comparison.
Merodach
View Profile
New user
North Carolina
58 Posts

Profile of Merodach
That sounds great, you should consider taking the forensic approach. Send out a sample to be analyzed and kindly share the results Smile
padre rich
View Profile
Special user
563 Posts

Profile of padre rich
Why would I want to enlighten a bunch of strangers at my expense?the Chinese taught me to trade something of equal value for secrets.Most guys are driving around with no spare...
God's grace rocks! It makes a good cups and balls routine look pretty boring in comparison.
Mr. Woolery
View Profile
Inner circle
Fairbanks, AK
2052 Posts

Profile of Mr. Woolery
I was taught not to tease people if I don’t intend to share.

Patrick
Merodach
View Profile
New user
North Carolina
58 Posts

Profile of Merodach
That sounds like something my mother said... Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Old vs New(ish) Approach to IT (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL