The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Prestige by Hide Magic (22 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Robert Sixx
View Profile
Special user
853 Posts

Profile of Robert Sixx
Prestige by Hide Magic

https://www.alakazam.co.uk/prestige-by-hide-magic.html

Anyone know who will be carrying this in the US? Shipping to the US from the UK is a nightmare right now, takes forever, if it doesn't get lost. Looks like a fun routine, and the vanish of the numbers at the end surprised me.

Robert
Jonathan1000
View Profile
Veteran user
326 Posts

Profile of Jonathan1000
Other than the Bank Night effect, what does this do?
"Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals." -- Homer Simpson
Mac_Stone
View Profile
Inner circle
Miami, FL
1424 Posts

Profile of Mac_Stone
Where does Tom Stone fit into this?
PatrickGregoire
View Profile
Inner circle
2247 Posts

Profile of PatrickGregoire
Quote:
On Jun 20, 2021, Mac_Stone wrote:
Where does Tom Stone fit into this?

Tom Stone is not the original creator of this plot. It might go even further back but I'm pretty sure Andy Nyman started this whole concept with 'Diceman'.
dvno
View Profile
Special user
Hamburg
570 Posts

Profile of dvno
I will probably receive this in the next days and can write a few words about it later this week.
anton.magician
View Profile
New user
83 Posts

Profile of anton.magician
Stevens magic will sell it in US. No any force at all, very good quality! As additional effect you can to vanish one number at chosen card or on all cards except chosen.
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4810 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Wow so want this but funds at the moment, looks right up my street.
Alex DLF
View Profile
Inner circle
1997 Posts

Profile of Alex DLF
I have it, it's very well made and you can repair it if needed. It's a bit expensive but if you're going to use it (which I think I am), you will be glad to have this in your repertoire!

It's customizable but once it's written on, you can't change it. I have my own version of this trick which works on a different principle but I must say this one works very good.

I'll publish a review on it in a few weeks Smile
Get yourself Stamper and MONU, the perfect walkaround packet tricks: https://youtu.be/rwtfeKFeLms & https://youtu.be/yz5yKlI-4w8

Make sure to check my English review Channel! http://www.youtube.com/c/alexisreviews
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
If only I didn't have a wife and a kid I would have MUCH more than
2707 Posts

Profile of The Unmasked Magician
Quote:
On Jun 21, 2021, anton.magician wrote:
Stevens magic will sell it in US. No any force at all, very good quality! As additional effect you can to vanish one number at chosen card or on all cards except chosen.

That’s actually the part I don’t like. It looks very good, but it completely takes away the “how could he predict my choice” effect for laymen. They will just think: ah, smth is up with those cards. And the fact you can’t hand those out for inspection is the anticlimax. Two great separate effects, but a very unhappy marriage of mentalism and magic I would say.
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about. (This applies to mentalists as well.)
magicmind
View Profile
Inner circle
My fence has 20,
3226 Posts

Profile of magicmind
Quote:
On Jun 21, 2021, The Unmasked Magician wrote:
Quote:

That’s actually the part I don’t like. It looks very good, but it completely takes away the “how could he predict my choice” effect for laymen. They will just think: ah, smth is up with those cards. And the fact you can’t hand those out for inspection is the anticlimax. Two great separate effects, but a very unhappy marriage of mentalism and magic I would say.

Do you normally hand out suspicious props or routine around what might be obvious?
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
2707 Posts

Do you prefer asking rhetorical questions to an open discussion? 😉
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about. (This applies to mentalists as well.)
Jonathan1000
View Profile
Veteran user
326 Posts

Profile of Jonathan1000
Quote:

Do you have reason to believe that rhetorical questions aren't a legitimate form of argumentation? Smile
"Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals." -- Homer Simpson
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
2707 Posts

My goodness. Please don’t tell me the other 999 have the same style... 😂
Dutchie
View Profile
New user
94 Posts

Profile of Dutchie
This is just an expensive way to solve a problem that doesn't exist.

Just force the number. No one notices or cares.
magicmind
View Profile
Inner circle
My fence has 20,
3226 Posts

Profile of magicmind
Quote:
On Jun 21, 2021, Jonathan1000 wrote:
Quote:

Do you have reason to believe that rhetorical questions aren't a legitimate form of argumentation? Smile

Not wanting to argue. Just asking the question. if something looks suspicious do you hand it out? Do you hand out props?
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
2707 Posts

Oh, ok. Sorry, my bad. I do hand out props. Especially if the explanation seems to be that the prop is gaffed when it really isn’t.
goldeneye007
View Profile
Inner circle
London
2429 Posts

Profile of goldeneye007
Quote:
Quote:

Fully agree

I guess you don't have to make the numbers disappear though...
goldeneye007
View Profile
Inner circle
London
2429 Posts

Profile of goldeneye007
Quote:
On Jun 21, 2021, magicmind wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 21, 2021, Jonathan1000 wrote:
Quote:

Not wanting to argue. Just asking the question. if something looks suspicious do you hand it out? Do you hand out props?

lol those answers made me smile Smile

And I'd rather not use any suspicious props if I can!
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
2707 Posts

Agreed.
Alex DLF
View Profile
Inner circle
1997 Posts

Profile of Alex DLF
The number disparition is like a bonus idea which doesn’t make sense for me, the basic effect is strong enough and to the point.

Fortunately, you don’t have to make them disappear Smile
Get yourself Stamper and MONU, the perfect walkaround packet tricks: https://youtu.be/rwtfeKFeLms & https://youtu.be/yz5yKlI-4w8

Make sure to check my English review Channel! http://www.youtube.com/c/alexisreviews
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Prestige by Hide Magic (22 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL