We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Prestige by Hide Magic (21 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
SimonTheSorcerer
View Profile
Loyal user
258 Posts

Profile of SimonTheSorcerer
Did I miss anything? What is new here? It looks exactly like the principle Blake Vogt explains with his Acro Index Cards to do the effect how Justin Willman does it. For me it looks like a copy. If I'm wrong, correct me please.
psylocke
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of psylocke
Do you have a link to Willman's performance?
SimonTheSorcerer
View Profile
Loyal user
258 Posts

Profile of SimonTheSorcerer
Quote:
On Jun 23, 2021, psylocke wrote:
Do you have a link to Willman's performance?


just one of his performances: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKiQ7uNWias
psylocke
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of psylocke
Quote:
On Jun 23, 2021, SimonTheSorcerer wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 23, 2021, psylocke wrote:
Do you have a link to Willman's performance?


just one of his performances: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKiQ7uNWias



Ouch, it looks exactly the same!


.
The Great Dave
View Profile
Regular user
My Wife said "It's Me or that Stupid Magic Website!" this many times.
191 Posts

Profile of The Great Dave
This is where I stick to effects like Magic Square. It's free, props can be provided as part of your contract, buy a new marker before you perform, and Presto! People have been entertained ...
Academy of Magical Arts

Hey Rocky, watch me pull a rabbit out of my hat! Whoops, wrong hat ...
PatrickGregoire
View Profile
Inner circle
1745 Posts

Profile of PatrickGregoire
Quote:
On Jun 23, 2021, lucavolpe wrote:
The only problem I see is that is extremely fragile in fact there is something that will inevitably break and to reset


How long do you think this will last? It's also tough because you don't know which card they'll choose so some cards could get damaged faster than others.

Also, how far away would people have to be to not see the workings?

Thanks Luca!
anton.magician
View Profile
Regular user
137 Posts

Profile of anton.magician
Quote:
On Jun 23, 2021, SimonTheSorcerer wrote:
Did I miss anything? What is new here? It looks exactly like the principle Blake Vogt explains with his Acro Index Cards to do the effect how Justin Willman does it. For me it looks like a copy. If I'm wrong, correct me please.

It has different activation mechanism, also you can to use not only plastic holder but also book holder and if you will rotate the rest slates to spectators nothing will happen, until you want it.
lucavolpe
View Profile
Inner circle
Italy - London
3225 Posts

Profile of lucavolpe
Quote:
On Jun 23, 2021, PatrickGregoire wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 23, 2021, lucavolpe wrote:
The only problem I see is that is extremely fragile in fact there is something that will inevitably break and to reset


How long do you think this will last? It's also tough because you don't know which card they'll choose so some cards could get damaged faster than others.

Also, how far away would people have to be to not see the workings?

Thanks Luca!


I think that with care can last longer but with a frequent use I suppose soon or later will break. In the video they explain how to fix it but as I said for me at least will be a little painful even if I think that even without that specific working and with a little modification then actual gimmick can be activated with a finger.
About the visibility once you write on it should be quite invisible but anyway this is something for stage not for close up.
Also… I am a little concerned in using sharpies to write on top as I have the feeling the will bleed through the gimmik… if anyone can suggest something will be appreciated… Gel Pen should work but will take ages to color with them!
dvno
View Profile
Veteran user
Hamburg
303 Posts

Profile of dvno
I used a sharpie and it didn’t bleed through. And this will work with 2-3 meters distance. It’s a bit fragile, yes - you have to be careful. But it’s a great piece of mentalism (I won’t use any of the magicy things) and I really like it.
Mac_Stone
View Profile
Inner circle
Miami, FL
1234 Posts

Profile of Mac_Stone
Quote:
On Jun 23, 2021, psylocke wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 23, 2021, SimonTheSorcerer wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 23, 2021, psylocke wrote:
Do you have a link to Willman's performance?


just one of his performances: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKiQ7uNWias



Ouch, it looks exactly the same!


.


I’m pretty sure Willman based his on an idea Tom Stone published in his book.
SimonTheSorcerer
View Profile
Loyal user
258 Posts

Profile of SimonTheSorcerer
Quote:
On Jun 23, 2021, Mac_Stone wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 23, 2021, psylocke wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 23, 2021, SimonTheSorcerer wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 23, 2021, psylocke wrote:
Do you have a link to Willman's performance?


just one of his performances: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKiQ7uNWias



Ouch, it looks exactly the same!


.


I’m pretty sure Willman based his on an idea Tom Stone published in his book.


I'm pretty sure he does not... Smile
loeld
View Profile
Regular user
175 Posts

Profile of loeld
Hi!

Maybe you think that I am bragging! I thought the effect(Of dice and men) by my old and very good friend Tom Stone was great, but I told him many years ago that I did not like the use of the dice and I asked him why he did not use a flap card. He told me that it was to complicated. Then one year ago I found out about the Acro Index Cards by Blake Vogt. I bout 8 of them(expensive) and I put hem in plastic sleeves like you see in the Justin Willmans performance( I had not seen that performance, but thought it would work). I wonder if this effect use the same kind of flap. It is not a steel of Justins routine IMHO.
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
2618 Posts

Profile of NeilS
A close up alternative for this would be to adapt an idea from John Allen’s very clever release, All or Nothing. (This, btw, has been one of my favourite and best purchases of the year so far.)
psylocke
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of psylocke
Quote:
On Jun 24, 2021, NeilS wrote:
A close up alternative for this would be to adapt an idea from John Allen’s very clever release, All or Nothing. (This, btw, has been one of my favourite and best purchases of the year so far.)



Wow, it seems you had a pretty tough year. Are you referring to the Z-fold?
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
2618 Posts

Profile of NeilS
Quote:
On Jun 25, 2021, psylocke wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 24, 2021, NeilS wrote:
A close up alternative for this would be to adapt an idea from John Allen’s very clever release, All or Nothing. (This, btw, has been one of my favourite and best purchases of the year so far.)



Wow, it seems you had a pretty tough year. Are you referring to the Z-fold?


As this is an open forum, my lips are sealed as to exactly what I was referring to but those who have All or Nothing should know what I mean.

No - and not wanting to tempt fate, not a tough year. And if referring to my reference of this particular effect being one of my best purchases of the year I say this because out of all I have bought, I have performed this far more than any other recent purchase. It has been the most practical, intriguing and, importantly, entertaining.

But time to get back on topic ...
psylocke
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of psylocke
I asked because I HAVE All or Nothing and I don't understand what you are referring to... Do you refer to the general concept or to an alternative method to the flap card?


.
jetpilot
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of jetpilot
Quote:
On Jun 20, 2021, Robert Sixx wrote:
Prestige by Hide Magic

https://www.alakazam.co.uk/prestige-by-hide-magic.html

Anyone know who will be carrying this in the US? Shipping to the US from the UK is a nightmare right now, takes forever, if it doesn't get lost. Looks like a fun routine, and the vanish of the numbers at the end surprised me.

Robert


I bought this from Stevens Magic. It is total junk. I will be returning it. If it wasn't so expensive I would just throw it away. 4 of the 5 cards are made wrong with a big obvious ridge across the middle. Plastic pockets are very cheap. The f**p is 1/8th of an inch too big on each side so the square isn't square. And more. I paid to have it express shipped so that just adds insult to injury. Buy at your own risk. I think you are going to see a flood of bad reviews over the poor quality. There is no excuse at this price point. Purchase at your own risk.
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4183 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Crap! I ordered on Thursday.
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
If only I didn't have a wife and a kid I would have MUCH more than
1907 Posts

Profile of The Unmasked Magician
Ouch! Thanks for sharing, jetmagic. Sheesh, what a diappointment. Especially considering the price tag.
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about. (This applies to mentalists as well.)
dvno
View Profile
Veteran user
Hamburg
303 Posts

Profile of dvno
Quote:
On Jun 28, 2021, jetpilot wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 20, 2021, Robert Sixx wrote:
Prestige by Hide Magic

https://www.alakazam.co.uk/prestige-by-hide-magic.html

Anyone know who will be carrying this in the US? Shipping to the US from the UK is a nightmare right now, takes forever, if it doesn't get lost. Looks like a fun routine, and the vanish of the numbers at the end surprised me.

Robert


I bought this from Stevens Magic. It is total junk. I will be returning it. If it wasn't so expensive I would just throw it away. 4 of the 5 cards are made wrong with a big obvious ridge across the middle. Plastic pockets are very cheap. The f**p is 1/8th of an inch too big on each side so the square isn't square. And more. I paid to have it express shipped so that just adds insult to injury. Buy at your own risk. I think you are going to see a flood of bad reviews over the poor quality. There is no excuse at this price point. Purchase at your own risk.



I think you handled it wrong. The f**p fits perfectly, but you don’t have to turn the whole thing over, just the first of the two removable sites. Then everything is fine. Just separate the site you turned over. After watching the instructions carefully this should all be clear.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Prestige by Hide Magic (21 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL