The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Prestige by Hide Magic (22 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
bekralik
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1357 Posts

Profile of bekralik
I assume the acro index stage size (10" x 6") is similar to the default size of Prestige (the regular-sized acro index 5" x 3" is probably too small). But I don't see a dry erase option for the acro index stage size. That would be the ideal; although more expensive, definitely more useable, flexible, and visible.
eSamuels
View Profile
Inner circle
3085 Posts

Profile of eSamuels
Quote:
On Jul 26, 2021, bekralik wrote:
I assume the acro index stage size (10" x 6") is similar to the default size of Prestige (the regular-sized acro index 5" x 3" is probably too small). But I don't see a dry erase option for the acro index stage size. That would be the ideal; although more expensive, definitely more useable, flexible, and visible.

As appealing as the dry erase option might at first seem, it may not be practical if you are going to be placing it in a plastic sleeve as this will almost certainly risk smudging/inadvertent erasing.

e
bekralik
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1357 Posts

Profile of bekralik
Darn, good point, Eric. Is there a workaround? Would wet erase markers do?
eSamuels
View Profile
Inner circle
3085 Posts

Profile of eSamuels
Quote:
On Jul 26, 2021, bekralik wrote:
Darn, good point, Eric. Is there a workaround? Would wet erase markers do?

Good question to which I don't know the answer!

e
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
Blake Vogt does sell a stage sized dry erase version. I believe they are 5”x8”. They each come in a clear plastic sleeve and he suggests taping together as many as you want.
But at $100 each it’s going to cost a bit more.

Also, you can use a regular king size Sharpie to write on them, and then go over it with a dry erase marker if you wish to change it at some point.

Blake-vogt.myshopify.com
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
If only I didn't have a wife and a kid I would have MUCH more than
2710 Posts

Profile of The Unmasked Magician
A word of caution: in several threads over the last 2 years I read people were complaining about not receiving stuff they paid for from Blake. All messages were left unanswered. Better check before spending hundreds of dollars.
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about. (This applies to mentalists as well.)
makulit974
View Profile
Loyal user
259 Posts

Profile of makulit974
Quote:
On Jul 29, 2021, The Unmasked Magician wrote:
A word of caution: in several threads over the last 2 years I read people were complaining about not receiving stuff they paid for from Blake. All messages were left unanswered. Better check before spending hundreds of dollars.

I can attest to that. Don’t buy from Blake. This guy is a con artist.
Phatmeat
View Profile
Special user
Silver Spring, Maryland
748 Posts

Profile of Phatmeat
100% don’t buy directly from Blake. You will get burned.
rbcjhollander
View Profile
New user
41 Posts

Profile of rbcjhollander
My two cents. While I haven't ordered from Blake in a couple of years, I have never been burned ordering directly from him.
--

"Don't make unimportant things important." - Dai Vernon
Johnny250
View Profile
Regular user
136 Posts

Profile of Johnny250
How are there such price differences between one dealer and another? penguin is 220$ while others are 140$.. am I missing something?
bekralik
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1357 Posts

Profile of bekralik
Yes - one is dry erase for $220. The $140 version has removable letters (not exactly the same as dry erase). Some might even be selling the non-dry erase version if they have them still left in stock. Just make sure you read the fine print to know which version you're actually getting.
Nat
View Profile
Special user
566 Posts

Profile of Nat
Quote:
On Jun 20, 2021, Robert Sixx wrote:
Prestige by Hide Magic

https://www.alakazam.co.uk/prestige-by-hide-magic.html

Anyone know who will be carrying this in the US? Shipping to the US from the UK is a nightmare right now, takes forever, if it doesn't get lost. Looks like a fun routine, and the vanish of the numbers at the end surprised me.

Robert

Anyone interested in the original, Prestige 1.O ? Brand New, Never Used - thanks.
elimagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1664 Posts

Profile of elimagic
Does anyone have contact information for the creator? I tried the email in the package of the 2.0 version and it was returned to sender. I’d like to order an additional unit but don’t know how to get ahold of him, .

Is there a Facebook group I could try?

Thanks everyone!
Eli
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
Juno-How
View Profile
Regular user
102 Posts

Profile of Juno-How
Hi all, Requested to join the FB group but not in yet. .. just purchased version 2.0 (no elastic) (not dry erase). Can anyone advise on what pen works best? I didn’t see any mention n the tutorial and want to ensure I don’t cause an issues ????
jnrussell
View Profile
Loyal user
Michigan
207 Posts

Profile of jnrussell
Was recently gifted version 1.0 - I've been playing around with it and have developed some routine concept. Not sure yet how I want to proceed with marking. Of course, once you do, you're locked into that routine.
John Russell
Mastering Magician
www.TheMasterMagician.net
The Magic Ref
View Profile
Veteran user
Flint, Mi.
303 Posts

Profile of The Magic Ref
Here is one performance idea with this prop. Instead of doing this as a stand-alone, make it the ending of a routine where you invited a spectator up. Say something along the lines of since you were such a good sport I would like to offer you a free gift. I have 6 different gifts you can choose from, all very valuable. They chose, you turn the list around and show the expensive money and prizes. What did they win, the most valuable item, it's an autographed photo of the magician!
Be Young...Have Fun!
Alex DLF
View Profile
Inner circle
1997 Posts

Profile of Alex DLF
I did a review on this one Smile

Get yourself Stamper and MONU, the perfect walkaround packet tricks: https://youtu.be/rwtfeKFeLms & https://youtu.be/yz5yKlI-4w8

Make sure to check my English review Channel! http://www.youtube.com/c/alexisreviews
Roberto W
View Profile
Inner circle
1253 Posts

Profile of Roberto W
Great review as always Alex.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Prestige by Hide Magic (22 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL