The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Right or Wrong? » » Help? Blatant Rip-off of my material on eBay. (34 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Paul Carnazzo
View Profile
Inner circle
1174 Posts

Profile of Paul Carnazzo
Quote:
On Jun 24, 2021, NeilS wrote:
Success.

This eBay seller has now removed Depiction from their list of items for sale. I told them it was in breach of copyright.

Neil

Thanks Neil!!!
remember....always use your powers for good!

http://www.mentalvoyage.com
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
Hey Paul I think I got a few good deals on your stuff too!! Haha

(Not really. Must add “not really” or they’ll come at me like wild banchies )
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Yes we are kidding of course but people are happy to use technology to help them sell their products which surely counteracts them people downloading who wouldn’t of bought them anyway. Or go back to the old days of selling through magic catalogues? It’s seems people only want the good (as Videoman said) of the internet when overall regardless of these pirates they are still selling loads more of the real thing to a much wider audience they ever did now Gaz 😊
Paul Carnazzo
View Profile
Inner circle
1174 Posts

Profile of Paul Carnazzo
Quote:
On Jun 27, 2021, John C wrote:
Hey Paul I think I got a few good deals on your stuff too!! Haha

(Not really. Must add “not really” or they’ll come at me like wild banchies )

I don’t blame you.

The deals are so good, I picked up some of my cards too!!

Papa Legba
View Profile
Special user
home-an unremarkable spiral arm of an insignificant galaxy
750 Posts

Profile of Papa Legba
To the OP, Christopher Taylor, there is no similarity between the effect you are complaining about (Schrodinger's Cat) and your effect "the Schrodinger Ploy".
Use the FORCE Luke.
Paul Carnazzo
View Profile
Inner circle
1174 Posts

Profile of Paul Carnazzo
Quote:
On Jun 23, 2021, Christopher Taylor wrote:
Thanks for all you support!!! I received a note from the guy that posted the listing I am complaining about. He apologized and is taking it down. It doesn't end there though. Get this: The reason he posted his version of my effect is to get back at someone called dr dark, who also has a listing of the same effect. So he was ripping me off to get back at another guy who is ripping me off. Love this business. http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......c=731799

You could help a lot by reporting this new listing.

Christopher

I missed this when I posted my reply mentioning Dr. dark.

I still wouldn’t be surprised if they are the same person and/or working together.

takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3777 Posts

Profile of takeachance
After following this forum with great interest I have to agree with both Narendra & Gaz that next to zero of the people who get the pirated copies would have bought the originals anyway and "that doesn’t make it right, but that's got to do with peoples morals.
However,YoHoHo's very clinical approach and explanation is brutally true IMHO. Buy direct were possible.
saturnkk
View Profile
Veteran user
Commerce Township, MI / Naples, FL
318 Posts

Profile of saturnkk
I am an amateur (fancy myself an advanced amateur). I will not buy anything that I feel has been intellectually stolen. I do this for two very good reasons (to me at least):

1. I can afford to pay for my stuff (what I can't afford I can't buy).
2. I want MORE content from interesting minds and feel the need to support them so that they will produce more for me to consume.

I do think there are a lot of "users" out there that only care about their myopic self interest.
Dr. J Maggio
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of Dr. J Maggio
And clearly some kind of combination of Netflix mode and the current Penguin website is the way of the future. Except for gimmicks, I doubt "pay per item" will last more than ten more years.
Charming Cheat
View Profile
New user
99 Posts

Profile of Charming Cheat
Nice...Now it seems YoHoHo is banned. All his posts are deleted.
Not that youtuber.
PendletonThe3rd
View Profile
Special user
973 Posts

Profile of PendletonThe3rd
Lame. He didn't do anything wrong. Just made solid arguments on things people didn't like. C'mon people....be open to reason and opinion.
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
If only I didn't have a wife and a kid I would have MUCH more than
2710 Posts

Profile of The Unmasked Magician
I agree that his posts never crossed a line for me. They were sharp, but always civilized. You could read some contempt between the lines, but that happens all the time here.
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about. (This applies to mentalists as well.)
Charming Cheat
View Profile
New user
99 Posts

Profile of Charming Cheat
Quote:
On Jul 1, 2021, The Unmasked Magician wrote:
I agree that his posts never crossed a line for me. They were sharp, but always civilized. You could read some contempt between the lines, but that happens all the time here.

Yes, I also agree.
He tried to convey his point with numbers and data - which was criticized by many here. Probably many members had discomfort so they reported his posts.
Not that youtuber.
JonHackl
View Profile
Regular user
Western Australia
198 Posts

Profile of JonHackl
Regrettable.
"Magic is the only kind of entertainment where 90% of the audience is trying to ruin it for themselves." - Pete Holmes

https://www.lybrary.com/ivy-p-925586.html
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3777 Posts

Profile of takeachance
Hard to understand when that's what this place is for, discussion. Disappointing on a lot of fronts. Guess WOKE wins.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
For the record I never reported one of his posts but I was certain that by continually stressing the same point over and over again he would be banned. Particularly when statistically right or wrong from a moral and ethical standard point he was arguably promoting piracy. Even his use name suggest this and if it encourages one person to blatantly rip someone off and put the ideas in someone’s head I could see this happening.
In fact I predicted it, and not once was he interested in talking magic in any of his posts imo Gaz 😊
Papa Legba
View Profile
Special user
home-an unremarkable spiral arm of an insignificant galaxy
750 Posts

Profile of Papa Legba
Quote:
On Jun 23, 2021, Paul Carnazzo wrote:
... I even had an effect on the “coming soon” page from my site. A week later he was selling an effect with the same name in a very similar image. It was not a complete rip off of the effect, just the image in the name...

...so what are your actual grounds for complaint here? Many effects have the same name without accusations of copyright infringement being tossed around...

"Second Sight" by...
Ron Wilson
Larry Becker
Ron Bauer
Burling Hull
Robert A Nelson
J.B.Cook

...as just one example of probably thousands.
Use the FORCE Luke.
PendletonThe3rd
View Profile
Special user
973 Posts

Profile of PendletonThe3rd
Quote:
On Jul 1, 2021, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
For the record I never reported one of his posts but I was certain that by continually stressing the same point over and over again he would be banned. Particularly when statistically right or wrong from a moral and ethical standard point he was arguably promoting piracy. Even his use name suggest this and if it encourages one person to blatantly rip someone off and put the ideas in someone’s head I could see this happening.
In fact I predicted it, and not once was he interested in talking magic in any of his posts imo Gaz 😊

Yeah he was definitely beating a dead horse, making the same point over and over again...but doesn't RNK do that all the time? Smile. Joking....nothing but love for RNK and everyone here
Paul Carnazzo
View Profile
Inner circle
1174 Posts

Profile of Paul Carnazzo
Quote:
On Jul 1, 2021, Papa Legba wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 23, 2021, Paul Carnazzo wrote:
... I even had an effect on the “coming soon” page from my site. A week later he was selling an effect with the same name in a very similar image. It was not a complete rip off of the effect, just the image in the name...

...so what are your actual grounds for complaint here? Many effects have the same name without accusations of copyright infringement being tossed around...

"Second Sight" by...
Ron Wilson
Larry Becker
Ron Bauer
Burling Hull
Robert A Nelson
J.B.Cook

...as just one example of probably thousands.

The effects I mentioned do not have the same name as mine. The names are different. It is the effects and the methods that are the same.

Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On Jul 1, 2021, Paul Carnazzo wrote:

The effects I mentioned do not have the same name as mine. The names are different. It is the effects and the methods that are the same.

The exact same thing has happened to me. I took up the matter but in vain. I don't sell my creations; I have been sharing them for free with our clan. To make just a few dollars, people take them, make them their own and make money off my creations - Shame to those who do such things. This is not good, nor is it good for our art & its uplift. So I decided to stop sharing my ideas/creations with the public. Now I only share them with a few well-known names in magic and close friends. In the bargain, who is the looser? - YOU decide.

Today, WE the magic creators, lack fresh thinking/ideas and thus one finds a lot of revamped magic being put out. New & fresh creations MUST be protected from the pirates/bootleggers. In today's digital world we need to find a way to protect the magic creator's rights. But the question remains - HOW?

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Right or Wrong? » » Help? Blatant Rip-off of my material on eBay. (34 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL