The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Climax Wallet by Surya Kumar (15 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
kinjite
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of kinjite
Quote:
On Jun 30, 2021, Chessmann wrote:
It is reminds me in many way of my Stealth Assassin Wallet, but in a larger version.

I wonder if this Surya is the same gentleman who, along with (iirc) James George, came out with "Surya's Device" a few years ago?



if you intend to use this as a EDC. You will quickly realize that when you fill it up with cards and money this wallet becomes really thick and big
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12587 Posts

Profile of John C
OK, what I didn't like about it in particular, and I am not implying it's bad or you shouldn't buy it, but I don't believe you can use it as an everyday carry. Why? Because if you are going to use the switch feature you need to replicate both sides, how do you do that with everyday carry items? The it becomes a waste of space, unless of course the switch is your thing. And they do have a nice switch effect.

So the critic in me came out. Again, I am not implying it's bad and not implying it's good. Just an observation.
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
Maxy
View Profile
Special user
617 Posts

Profile of Maxy
It seems recently we have near every week new wallet and new ACAAN Smile
It is good thing because it will enrich the magic art and will take it to higher levels.
Can any one compare this to recently released Hermes wallet?
I'm not fan of taking a p**k from a wallet or CT, if I will p**k the i*fo I will use a justified way but I will not ask to write something and after te*r it or put it in my wallet.
Regards
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
6014 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Obviously Maxy you know there are loads of ways to justify almost anything in magic including writing down a for a peek.
Obviously one of the best has to be to show others in the group and to be clear that they are committed and can’t mess you around later and change their minds.
I often get someone to write an object down the minute I meet a group and it’s just a nonchalant process that we may get back to later if we have time. Then if for any reason I can’t read the drawing or word I just forget about it and move to the next group. Of course if I have a clear image I then say on the off beat as I finish up
“oh I almost forgot blah blah “ you know the rest Gaz 😊
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12587 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On Jul 27, 2021, Maxy wrote:
It seems recently we have near every week new wallet and new ACAAN Smile
It is good thing because it will enrich the magic art and will take it to higher levels.
Can any one compare this to recently released Hermes wallet?
I'm not fan of taking a p**k from a wallet or CT, if I will p**k the i*fo I will use a justified way but I will not ask to write something and after te*r it or put it in my wallet.
Regards


I think most of us buy these wallets to give ourselves something to look forward to in the mailbox. (I know I do) I think most of use know what most of these wallets are all about. Just a different way to do things. I've made several p@@k wallets out of leather wallets from amazon etc. So why then buy a 75 to 100 magic wallet? I like to look at gadgets and gizmos.

I already bought this wallet and sold it. Then bought Hermes, not because I think it's the best but because of what I just said.

I was carrying a $175 phantom wallet. I still do cause it's cool. Great p@@k, great ctw (although I don't do one) great hidden index etc.

This wallet's in this thread strong suit is the switch. If you aren't going to use it for that don't get it cause if not there's only one other thing that switch function is for and that's a regular wallet for credit cards biz cards etc.

If you aren't going for the p@@k then don't get it either. If you aren't going for ctw then don't get it, get a ctw wallet.
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
kinjite
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of kinjite
Quote:
On Jul 3, 2021, ursmagicbalu wrote:
Quote:
On Jul 1, 2021, dooblehorn wrote:
Yeah it looks weird. Too large to be a hip pocket wallet.


The size of the wallet is 4.5" Tall and 3.5" wide. A perfect hip pocket wallet. Please see the photo.

Hope that clarifies.


if these dimensions are accurate then "Climax Wallet" is smaller then "SuperSlim Hip Pocket Mullica Wallet" which is 5.75" Tall & 4" wide. But Climax wallet is still considered very BIG next to the current Minimalistic/Slimline Wallets. Which are the current trend.
Maxy
View Profile
Special user
617 Posts

Profile of Maxy
Quote:
On Jul 27, 2021, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
Obviously Maxy you know there are loads of ways to justify almost anything in magic including writing down a for a peek.
Obviously one of the best has to be to show others in the group and to be clear that they are committed and can’t mess you around later and change their minds.
I often get someone to write an object down the minute I meet a group and it’s just a nonchalant process that we may get back to later if we have time. Then if for any reason I can’t read the drawing or word I just forget about it and move to the next group. Of course if I have a clear image I then say on the off beat as I finish up
“oh I almost forgot blah blah “ you know the rest Gaz 😊

Thank you Gaz for your insights! Smile
Yes, I understand what you mean 😀
I like your methodology and I know it will fly on most spectators without any problems, just I don't see myself doing CT or putting something in my wallet to reveal it later. In this regard I like the impres**on devices more because there is physical disconnection between me and the spectator writing ,everything looks innocent and fair. It is same reason I don't like apps which work only on my phone, in the spectators' phone the effect will be more stronger.

I think I'm one of the rare who don't like these classic methods.
Maxy
View Profile
Special user
617 Posts

Profile of Maxy
Quote:
On Jul 27, 2021, John C wrote:
Quote:
On Jul 27, 2021, Maxy wrote:
It seems recently we have near every week new wallet and new ACAAN Smile
It is good thing because it will enrich the magic art and will take it to higher levels.
Can any one compare this to recently released Hermes wallet?
I'm not fan of taking a p**k from a wallet or CT, if I will p**k the i*fo I will use a justified way but I will not ask to write something and after te*r it or put it in my wallet.
Regards


I think most of us buy these wallets to give ourselves something to look forward to in the mailbox. (I know I do) I think most of use know what most of these wallets are all about. Just a different way to do things. I've made several p@@k wallets out of leather wallets from amazon etc. So why then buy a 75 to 100 magic wallet? I like to look at gadgets and gizmos.

I already bought this wallet and sold it. Then bought Hermes, not because I think it's the best but because of what I just said.

I was carrying a $175 phantom wallet. I still do cause it's cool. Great p@@k, great ctw (although I don't do one) great hidden index etc.

This wallet's in this thread strong suit is the switch. If you aren't going to use it for that don't get it cause if not there's only one other thing that switch function is for and that's a regular wallet for credit cards biz cards etc.

If you aren't going for the p@@k then don't get it either. If you aren't going for ctw then don't get it, get a ctw wallet.

Hi John! Smile
Thank you for your reply!
Yes, we -the magicians- tend to like new toys and buy what is no need for us, maybe that is the reason we want the Climax Smile
I learned to stop myself from buying new stuff until I know that I will use it and I don't have something similar, also I read or watch reviews before taking a decision, I like negative reviews because they give me reason not to buy new stuff Smile I like Pegasus comments as well -just don't tell him- Smile .
I've enough junk in my drawers, it will be enough for generations of my kids Smile so better I invest in something useful.
Regards
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
6014 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Maxy I have the Omni Wallet from Promystic which I think will tick all your boxes.
It cost me £900 though, but it seems impossible even when you are practicing it Gaz 😊
Maxy
View Profile
Special user
617 Posts

Profile of Maxy
Quote:
On Jul 28, 2021, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
Maxy I have the Omni Wallet from Promystic which I think will tick all your boxes.
It cost me £900 though, but it seems impossible even when you are practicing it Gaz 😊

Thank you!
I put it in my wish list.
I am also interested in the CTW and other functions which Climax and Hermes wallet offer.
kinjite
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of kinjite
Patrick what is the name of your new wallet containing the Transformer Gimmick? When is it being released?
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5907 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Mark Strivings on the 'Climax Wallet' - One might like to have a look - https://www.facebook.com/groups/19696345......7007297/

In spite of the wonder 'Climax' wallet being downplayed, it has been completely sold out long back. Funny are the ways how our magic sales & hype machinery works, but that's OK. Smile I had given the Climax Wallet a thumping review along with my high recommendation. I am sure all those who got it will be happy with this multipurpose and multi-utility wallet. And for those who didn't get their hands on this wonder wallet, have surely missed an unique opportunity to have one in their arsenal.

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
artofmisdirection
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of artofmisdirection
I was told that the wallet is now available in limited quantity . Grab it while they are still available.
Mark Strivings
View Profile
V.I.P.
289 Posts

Profile of Mark Strivings
I suppose I should chime in on this since some of my own work figures somewhat prominently in this. What Surya has come up with here is a very well made, definitely underpriced utility wallet that is capable of a fairly wide variety of different uses. There is no such thing as a 'one size fits all' device and you need look no further than this thread to see all of the wish lists and reasons for not liking it. None of those perspectives matter any more than any other perspective. Devices such as this can be gold for those whose performing needs it fits, and as with the vast majority of such items in the magic world, there's no way that you can know for sure where you might shake out until you actually obtain and use the device in question. So it goes.

All of that being said, I will say this much about The Climax Wallet. First of all Surya is genuinely good guy, and the magic world could really use a whole lot more good guys. He is honorable and sincere and wants to deliver only his very best to those who place their trust in his offerings. That all by itself is reason to support his efforts. He has created a utility device that does what it does quite well, and everything is very well thought out. It's an excellent value for the money spent, and while all devices such as this have their plusses and minusses, each based on the individual's personal needs and desires, overall I feel that The Climax Wallet delivers quite well. It's well made and with proper care should last most performers a lifetime. Now all you need to do is define what 'proper care' actually means. Again, it depends on the individual, and I won't pursue that any further.

The bottom line for me is simple, I would not have granted Surya permission to incorporate the SUC design into the Climax Wallet if it didn't offer something that was unique, which overall I felt it did quite nicely. My most sincere congratulations to Surya.

Mark Strivings
Mark Strivings is the owner of the largest all-mentalism mail order supply business in the world, "Mental Connections", carrying materials not available anywhere else. For complete info, drop Mark a line at MarkyApril@aol.com
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5907 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Very impressive review by Mr. Mark Strivings. Surya should feel very proud and honored.

In spite of the wallet being downplayed, surprisingly the Climax wallets get sold out as soon as they are replenished. This is a very encouraging sign for this the young creator. Wishing Surya all the very best in his future endeavors.

And for those who didn't get their hands on this wonder wallet, get one as soon as you find one. You will be happy that you did.

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
Bookmytricks
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of Bookmytricks
Climax wallet is available now in limited quantity.
lumagic
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of lumagic
I'd like to ask the creator of the wallet Surya Kumar. Is it possible to create a second version of the wallet, but without the switch function? In this case, the wallet will be thinner, retaining the main functions (card to wallet, peek, load). That would be great.
RealityTwisterSFX
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of RealityTwisterSFX
Just got this wallet today. It’s not really for me. I like my shadow wallet.
vinod_furtado
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of vinod_furtado
Quote:
On Jun 10, 2022, RealityTwisterSFX wrote:
Just got this wallet today. It’s not really for me. I like my shadow wallet.


Sir why did you say that, please can you share some insights and feedback for us to help compare. Advantages of Shadow over Climax wallet , or is it only the size issue.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Climax Wallet by Surya Kumar (15 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL