The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Making a deck of cards appear from fire. (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

SleightlySpooky
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of SleightlySpooky
I’m not sure if there’s a preexisting method for this, and I’m fairly new to sleight of hand.
I seek the wisdom of my more experienced peers and mentors in illusion:
Is there a good way I could “pull” a deck of cards from a fickle fire?
The only way I can think of it is to use the misdirection from the fire to somewhat cop the deck and mime the pulling out.
Any tips or better sleights I would much appreciate, this is the start to my closer so I want to find a way to make it as clean as possible.
Thank you all!
Cub Sines
View Profile
New user
Finland (Ostrobothnia)
50 Posts

Profile of Cub Sines
Have the deck loaded somewhere where you can steal it fast & produce it with the use of misdirection from fire seems like a perfect way of doing it. Would be nice touch if that deck have similar system than fire wallets so that when you produce it, the deck would actually be burning for a brief moment.
countrymaven
View Profile
Inner circle
1428 Posts

Profile of countrymaven
If you set something on fire, you can have loads of misdirection for producing cards. Just be sure to have a fire extinguisher nearby LOL
Cardguy52
View Profile
Loyal user
246 Posts

Profile of Cardguy52
Try Flash Deck from the book Next Victim, Please: The Close-Up Magic of Michael Kaminskas
Axelchen
View Profile
Elite user
Germany
413 Posts

Profile of Axelchen
I would suggest to study John Carney´s Chill Pack (Carneycopia p. 33 or on one of his videos)...it´s a production of the deck from nowhere, your hands are seen empty, you ask for a deck from the audience and *swag* you have a deck in your hands...and if you insist of fire I am sure you can develop a handling using flash-paper or something like this...

All the best,

Axel
Cardguy52
View Profile
Loyal user
246 Posts

Profile of Cardguy52
Forgot to add this video https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-uO0RUyprvM

You can see the deck production at the :08 second mark.
Maxyedid
View Profile
Special user
Panama
843 Posts

Profile of Maxyedid
Daniel Chard in his Penguin Act
NEW BOOK! "Semi-Automatic Miracles" - INSTANT Best-Seller at Lybrary.com
https://www.lybrary.com/semiautomatic-card-miracles-p-925333.html
chaos handlings, out of hands effects, and more
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Making a deck of cards appear from fire. (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL