The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » JH ACAAN - For 7 Bucks, This is a Steal (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
TheSecretFire
View Profile
Special user
597 Posts

Profile of TheSecretFire
This fooled me, it will probably fool you, and it's guaranteed to amaze your audience - and that's really what counts.

"JH ACAAN" - by Joseph B.

https://skywardmagic.com/shop/categories......h-acaan/

Key Points:
- It can be done with a shuffled, borrowed deck.
- You can do it completely impromptu and any card can be chosen and any number can be named.
- It's really easy to do

Joseph B does a great job at explaining the basic method and then goes into all the details of how to make this a genuinely baffling piece of magic.

Here's the demo: https://skywardmagic.com/shop/categories......h-acaan/

Oh, and you'll learn some nifty techniques to apply to the rest of your card magic.

For a whole 7 bucks, you can't go wrong.

Let me know if you have any questions, and I'll get back to you as soon as I can!

Tom Phoenix
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
Looks pretty darn good.
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Looks very interesting - Nice and clean ACAAN.
Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
TheSecretFire
View Profile
Special user
597 Posts

Profile of TheSecretFire
It is pretty darn good. When he sent me the demo, it knocked me socks off. And when I watched the explanation, I thought "ohhh, that sly fox..."

Full-disclosure: I do own Skyward Magic. So yes, I take a cut of the sales. BUT, 80% goes to the creators. The other 20% goes towards PayPal & hosting fees. I created this site because I wanted the creators of magic to focus on their craft, reap the vast majority of the profits, and let someone else take care of the technical stuff.

Tom
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
If only I didn't have a wife and a kid I would have MUCH more than
2711 Posts

Profile of The Unmasked Magician
That is indeed pretty darn impressive. And at that price a steal.
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about. (This applies to mentalists as well.)
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3777 Posts

Profile of takeachance
20% goes towards PayPal & hosting fees from other creators items.
He sells his own routines on that site as well. Keeps his cost down.
For those who want to sell their routines, they don't have to start a web page. 80% is a good deal.
He's legit and has been around for awhile. Good guy. If you've been around the Café for more than 5 minutes you would have known that.
Calvin826
View Profile
Special user
536 Posts

Profile of Calvin826
Agreed- great price. But does all the card handling after they name a number take away from the fact? They may not know how you are rearranging the deck, but they'll assume you did- no?
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3777 Posts

Profile of takeachance
Quote:
On Jul 2, 2021, Calvin826 wrote:
Agreed- great price. But does all the card handling after they name a number take away from the fact? They may not know how you are rearranging the deck, but they'll assume you did- no?

I see what you're saying but WOW, lost me getting the card to the 21st place LOL
Kaliix
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1990 Posts

Profile of Kaliix
After first watching this I've got nothing. That looks pretty *** random and fair. Hmmmm...
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge.
~Daniel J. Boorstin
TheSecretFire
View Profile
Special user
597 Posts

Profile of TheSecretFire
Takeachance: Thanks man, I appreciate it.

F Actchecker: yes, I take 20%. That 20% goes towards PayPal fees & hosting fees: PayPal charges for the purchase + the Payout to the creators. File hosting & website hosting costs money - which comes out of my 20%. After everything is said & done, the creator gets 80% profit (higher than ANY other company), and I take home whatever I sell of my own + a very small percentage of other people's sales. YOU HAVE BEEN CLARIFIED. Sorry my caps lock got stuck for a second. Smile

Calvin 826: I've performed this a few times since learning it & am going to perform it again tonight. The "chaotic" nature really detracts from the idea that you're doing anything sneaky. It's a very well-thought-out effect.

Tom
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
If only I didn't have a wife and a kid I would have MUCH more than
2711 Posts

Profile of The Unmasked Magician
Quote:
On Jul 2, 2021, F Actchecker wrote:
Quote:
On Jul 2, 2021, TheSecretFire wrote:
, I take a cut of the sales. BUT, 80% goes to the creators. The other 20% goes towards PayPal & hosting fees.

80+20=100

So how do you take a cut?

YOU'VE BEEN FACT CHECKED

He's doing the exact same thing in other threads. I reported him. Let's hope the mods moderate him.
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about. (This applies to mentalists as well.)
Pit Boss
View Profile
Special user
573 Posts

Profile of Pit Boss
Quote:
On Jul 2, 2021, Calvin826 wrote:

You could, of course, have them write their number down on a business card and placed aside for a reveal after the mixing is complete Smile
Kaliix
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1990 Posts

Profile of Kaliix
JH ACAAN is definitely worth the money. I actually did catch one thing upon first viewing but discounted it due to the repeated shuffling. This is a solid idea, with a structure that helps sell the apparent chaotic randomness of the shuffle/handling. The routine is not difficult, it will just take a bit of practice to get handling smooth.

If you like what you see, you will get what you paid for and then some. Nice job!

Btw, this effect is worth way more than $7 so thanks for the bargain. Smile
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge.
~Daniel J. Boorstin
TheSecretFire
View Profile
Special user
597 Posts

Profile of TheSecretFire
Quote:
On Jul 2, 2021, Kaliix wrote:
JH ACAAN is definitely worth the money. I actually did catch one thing upon first viewing but discounted it due to the repeated shuffling. This is a solid idea, with a structure that helps sell the apparent chaotic randomness of the shuffle/handling. The routine is not difficult, it will just take a bit of practice to get handling smooth.

If you like what you see, you will get what you paid for and then some. Nice job!

Btw, this effect is worth way more than $7 so thanks for the bargain. Smile

Now that you know the method, go re-watch the demo - it's still amazing to see him do it.

If this effect was mine, I would've charged more, but you know what they say: "When value exceeds price, money is no longer an issue." It's a solid piece of magic.

Tom
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3349 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
Great effect and Tom is a generous creator who does not need to be fact checked from a newbie ( I used to most polite term I could here )will be long gone before this post gets read.
TheSecretFire
View Profile
Special user
597 Posts

Profile of TheSecretFire
Hey, thank you, Rizzo!

Also, Joseph B. (the creator of the effect) is some kind of genius.

Tom
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
I have quite a few of Joseph B's creations. They are all very good. I don't have this one yet, and even though I can see what he is doing, I will purchase it to support him. In addition to it being a really good effect, it is a routine that can be really entertaining. There is something special about magic that comes out of what looks like chaos.

I have one suggestion: I showed my favorite ACAAN that I created years ago to my mentor Jeff McBride. He made several improvements to it. One of those was that like this effect, I also took the liberty of making it a selected card. He reminded me that there is a reason for it being a thought of card, it makes the effect stronger. His suggestion was to start the routine by asking them to think of any card, then handing them the deck and asking them to remove their thought of card. From a theatrical perspective, people will remember that it started with someone thinking of a card.

In addition to the chaotic look of this, another reason this ACAAN is SO strong is that in doing the chaos, it is easy to forget that they already named a number. His presentation is very good when he asks for their thought of card and asks for the number in a way that implies that it hasn't been named before. Very clever.

This definitely is one of the best ACAANs, IMO.

KJ
ejohn
View Profile
Special user
Atlanta
723 Posts

Profile of ejohn
Good suggestion, 1KJ. If any of you out there have overlooked Joseph B’s card work, IMHO you are making a mistake. Strong effects with easy methods often long forgotten.
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3624 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
I have to concur, Joseph B thinks outside the box!
bekralik
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1357 Posts

Profile of bekralik
He has so many individual effects, is he going to produce a compilation at some point? If someone has his ear, please encourage him.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » JH ACAAN - For 7 Bucks, This is a Steal (5 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL