The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » JUST THE SOUL by Adrian Vega (NO switches, NO weird moves, just ONE card and THEIR imagination) (10 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
MurphysNEW
View Profile
Elite user
457 Posts

Profile of MurphysNEW
Adrian Vega has created miracles for magicians EVERYWHERE, and now you could learn TWO of his most practical and commercial effects.

The definitive CAAN effect with a NORMAL deck of cards, NO duplicates, and as direct as you see in the video.

A SPECTATOR will think any number and will count directly from the deck, with NO switches and the prediction card in full view from the beginning... just the perfect CAAN effect.

Also, if you don't have any deck with you, as a BONUS, where the spectator will imagine the value and the suit to create in his mind only ONE card... that will be exactly the folded card! Again, NO switches, NO "weird" moves, just one card and THEIR imagination.

This is a complete project full of psychology, direct magic, and natural handlings.

Available in red and blue:
Red: https://www.murphysmagic.com/Product.aspx?id=69760
Blue: https://www.murphysmagic.com/Product.aspx?id=69761
Roberto W
View Profile
Inner circle
1253 Posts

Profile of Roberto W
Im just wondering about the uncut performance. Him handling the cards before the number named - the footage was very choppy. But I’m just wondering how she named 19 yet on the footage only 12 cards were dealt with the 13th as the selection?
Thanks
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3777 Posts

Profile of takeachance
Quote:
On Jul 5, 2021, Roberto W wrote:
Im just wondering about the uncut performance. Him handling the cards before the number named - the footage was very choppy. But I’m just wondering how she named 19 yet on the footage only 12 cards were dealt with the 13th as the selection?
Thanks

I thought and saw the same thing
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
4305 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
It could be they did a brief cut for time purposes since the woman did agree that the card selected was the 19th card.

Michael
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
Roberto W
View Profile
Inner circle
1253 Posts

Profile of Roberto W
But then that means that trailer is not uncut - so if that bit was cut, sadly leaves people to wonder what else has been cut. There was no cut for time purposes, because there was no jump in counting from 1-19 which was her chosen number. If say footage shown her counting to say 4 then it jumped to 17,18 then arriving at her chosen 19th card I could understand the cut for time purposes (even though only about 10seconds would only have been unnecessarily cut) but the number chosen was 19 and she arrived at 13 and stopped, at her apparent chosen number. I’m confused
shomemagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Missouri
2231 Posts

Profile of shomemagic
The ad on Penguin says this " Different predictions in real BICYCLE QUALITY " Is that correct a different prediction each time
Magically,

Mike King - Sho-Me Magic

You can e-mail me at: shomemagic@gmail.com
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

Profile of The great Gumbini
I want to like this and I want to purchase it. But as has already been pointed out when you get a cut uncut version of something it just does not feel right. As some of you know I have been a very big critic of the berglas effect because I have always felt done the way it was shown on the video it would be impossible to do. So now seeing anything having to do with a card at any number whatever version I look at it very skeptical e and even a slight cut can mean the difference between something being great and something just being sold for money. If we can see an uncut version and it is clean I will gladly Lay My Money Down For This.

Good magic to all,

Eric
Roberto W
View Profile
Inner circle
1253 Posts

Profile of Roberto W
Quote:
On Jul 5, 2021, The great Gumbini wrote:
I want to like this and I want to purchase it. But as has already been pointed out when you get a cut uncut version of something it just does not feel right. As some of you know I have been a very big critic of the berglas effect because I have always felt done the way it was shown on the video it would be impossible to do. So now seeing anything having to do with a card at any number whatever version I look at it very skeptical e and even a slight cut can mean the difference between something being great and something just being sold for money. If we can see an uncut version and it is clean I will gladly Lay My Money Down For This.

Good magic to all,

Eric

I hope I’m wrong, but I don’t like the beginning of him handling the cards unnecessarily having to pick them up, spreading them to seemingly square them up either. Which hopefully is all innocent and nothing to do with the reason that part was cut too.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12967 Posts

Profile of John C
Well heck, if they showed us the move we wouldn't have anything to complain about!
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
4305 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
Quote:
But then that means that trailer is not uncut - so if that bit was cut, sadly leaves people to wonder what else has been cut. There was no cut for time purposes, because there was no jump in counting from 1-19 which was her chosen number. If say footage shown her counting to say 4 then it jumped to 17,18 then arriving at her chosen 19th card I could understand the cut for time purposes (even though only about 10seconds would only have been unnecessarily cut) but the number chosen was 19 and she arrived at 13 and stopped, at her apparent chosen number. I’m confused

That is a fair statement. If it was cut for time purposes, the video should have stated that.

Michael
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7527 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:

If you pause the video when the dealt cards are spread there are 18 cards.
Check out Bafflingbob.com
Roberto W
View Profile
Inner circle
1253 Posts

Profile of Roberto W
Quote:
On Jul 6, 2021, John C wrote:
Well heck, if they showed us the move we wouldn't have anything to complain about!

? That’s not the point here, we are highlighting the fact that it is titled as a uncut performance when clearly it is. Regardless what has been cut out, the footage has been cut - so it’s not a uncut performance.
Roberto W
View Profile
Inner circle
1253 Posts

Profile of Roberto W
Quote:
On Jul 6, 2021, RNK wrote:
Quote:

If you pause the video when the dealt cards are spread there are 18 cards.

I’m still confused, she named aloud the number 19 as her chosen number, but stopped on 12 to give the 13th card as her chosen card/number. Shouldn’t we have heard her slowly count 17,18 then stop at the 19th card?
Yepski
View Profile
Regular user
186 Posts

Profile of Yepski
Maybe the editor made a mindless decision (without understanding the overall intent of the video) vs there being something to hide? I don't know but it does seem like something that should have been caught prior to publishing if the team was truly committed to a real "uncut" performance.
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

I think part of the problem is we all have watched a card at any number routines before and to be honest for the most part they fall a little short of what we were expecting. So in this age of buyer beware we just want to know what we can expect from a certain prop or gimmick or routine. And that is why if we read something that says uncut performance we're expecting that and when we don't receive the uncut performance we naturally as magicians and Mentalist assume something critical is left out. This is why I will hold off purchasing this until I either see an actual uncut performance or see a review from someone who I trust and in that review the purchaser is satisfied. And believe me I really do want to purchase this if it is a good clean effect.

Good magic to all,

Eric
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

I wonder if anyone has pre-ordered this yet? I really want this to be a good effect but I guess time will tell.

Good magic to all,

Eric
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3777 Posts

Profile of takeachance
I was about to until I watched the video, deleted out of my account until a solid review is up from a credible source. I want this to be as clean or achievable as the add blub, but that could be wishful thinking
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

I'm hoping they come out with an unedited clip that would be great and I believe it would help their sales.

Good magic to all,

Eric
Luke Dancy
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1162 Posts

Profile of Luke Dancy
I'm doing a chat with Adrian tomorrow, I'll do my best to get an unedited clip of this for you guys!
Are there any other questions you'd like me to ask him? Let me know!

All the best,
Luke
Vraagaard
View Profile
Inner circle
Copenhagen, Denmark
1479 Posts

Profile of Vraagaard
Hi Luke, sounds great. Like your interviews a lot, and like the good honest way the effect is laid out so we can make an educated decision before making a purchase.

An uncut performance is needed to convince me I need a gimmicked deck - meaning it must be substantially cleaner than when I do the same effect with an ordinary deck and no gimmicks.

Br

Jan
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » JUST THE SOUL by Adrian Vega (NO switches, NO weird moves, just ONE card and THEIR imagination) (10 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL