We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » The Combination Shuffle - Benjan Earl (a Magic Portal review) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

canaday
View Profile
Special user
Florida
637 Posts

Profile of canaday
The Combination Shuffle - Benjamin Earl
Download $20.00
https://www.murphysmagic.com/product.aspx?id=69954

The Hype:
Ben Earl has fooled Penn and Teller, amazed David Blaine, and is a world-renowned performer, creator, and teacher of magic. Now he wants to share his trade secrets with you. In this Trade Secrets project by Studio 52, Benjamin Earl will share his YEARS of experience, techniques and psychology behind his innovative magic.

Trade Secrets by Benjamin Earl is a one-of-a-kind opportunity to INSTANTLY learn card magic from a master. Key moves that will make any routine better including: The Combination Shuffle, The Overhand DPS, Finessed Frank Thompson Cut and the False Swing Cut.

In Trade Secrets, Benjamin Earl goes meticulously through each move; not only showing the hand positions -- but also the psychology of the moves AND how to maximize impact for your spectators. He will give you the tools to choreograph YOUR sleight of hand moves so perfectly that they will become undetectable to your spectators. True magic.

My Take:
There is no doubt about it. A video of Benjamin with a deck of cards in his hands is a work of art. This is one video in a series of five teaching you his techniques.

It is called the Combination Shuffle as it is comprised of parts of a number of other false shuffles. The Erdnase Blind Shuffle, the Greek Shuffle, the Optical Shuffle, the G. W. Hunter Shuffle and the Lift Shuffle.

Over the course of two videos (a total of 48 minutes), you are shown the shuffle and then numerous interations of the techniques teach you thoroughly how this is accomplished. You are shown from every angle and multiple times what is to be done. This is one of the more fully taught techniques that I have seen on a video.

One thing that really floored me is just how good this false shuffle looks face up. Even knowing exactly how it is done, I couldn't follow it. This actually looks more deceptive face up than face down.

One thing I do a lot is play with a deck of cards while watching television. This is going to be my companion of TV time for quite a while. It will not be easy to get this looking just right. It is nothing you read now, do tonight. But the time and work you put into it will reward you with one of the best false shuffles I have ever seen.

Ray Goulet used to regularly kill us with his Zarrow Shuffle. In his hands it looked perfect. And at a Eugene Burger lecture at Ray's, I learned that the frail gentleman sitting behind me was Herb Zarrow. A true honor meeting a legend like this. But in my opinion, Benjamin's Combination Shuffle is equal to, if not superior, to the Zarrow Shuffle. Now you may or may not agree with that, but watch the demo and see if you catch anything at all.

By standing on the shoulders of giants, Benjamin has been elevated to that status himself. Simply a brilliant and beautiful false shuffle. Learn this and absolutely no one will ever want to play cards with you again.

Definitely worth you forking over $20.00, Highly recommended and you will not be disappointed.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » The Combination Shuffle - Benjan Earl (a Magic Portal review) (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL