We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Perfect Pen by John Cornelius (26 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
LankyHobo
View Profile
Regular user
154 Posts

Profile of LankyHobo
I just squeezed the cap very gently with some pliers and it works fine now.
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
9326 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Aug 2, 2021, virtualwizard wrote:
For those of you who have made the purchase and are dealing with a loose cap, if you take scotch tape and go about 3/4 the way around the diameter of the pen you can tighten it up pretty well. Do this on both sides--the end and above the "break" on the ink side. You can't really see the tape, but it makes a big difference.

Or better still, SEND IT BACK.
loudini1972
View Profile
New user
Central New Jersey
94 Posts

Profile of loudini1972
Not only did my cap not stay on but my pen completely fell apart after only an hour or so of practicing, sending it back for a refund. I will stick with ignition as it's a much more durable gimmick.
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2584 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
Quote:
On Aug 3, 2021, loudini1972 wrote:
Not only did my cap not stay on but my pen completely fell apart after only an hour or so of practicing, sending it back for a refund. I will stick with ignition as it's a much more durable gimmick.

This is such a travesty as I've had and used the original all these years without issue. John would be disappointed.

Best

Steve
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
5522 Posts

Profile of RNK
Sadly in today's world most things are not made to last.
Magic Dust
View Profile
Special user
957 Posts

Profile of Magic Dust
Quote:
Not only did my cap not stay on but my pen completely fell apart after only an hour or so of practicing

I wonder how the pen can fall apart ? After some tweaks I can use my specimen well ...
loudini1972
View Profile
New user
Central New Jersey
94 Posts

Profile of loudini1972
Quote:
On Aug 3, 2021, Magic Dust wrote:
Quote:
Not only did my cap not stay on but my pen completely fell apart after only an hour or so of practicing

I wonder how the pen can fall apart ? After some tweaks I can use my specimen well ...

The mag***s separated from the barrels of both the tip side and the longer side of the pen. Fell right out, no amount of tweeking could have fixed it.
Magic Dust
View Profile
Special user
957 Posts

Profile of Magic Dust
Quote:
On Aug 4, 2021, loudini1972 wrote:
The mag***s separated from the barrels of both the tip side and the longer side of the pen.
Fell right out, no amount of tweeking could have fixed it.

That sounds really bad 😯 I hope this doesn't happen with my pen later too
Tjs3000
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of Tjs3000
I was excited to recieve this as only recently back into magic but I remember a few friends having this back in the day... sold out back then so I could never get my hands on one...until now. Smile

Definitely experiencing the loose cap..I actually had them send me a replacement as they said it shouldnt be loose. Second one was also super loose. I squeezed it a bit as people here have done. Problem mostly solved.

For those with the stiff inner barrel..How do I get it out so I can try to smooth the action out as some of you have described. Its impossible to...reset... without using the cap method and a hard push currently.
Magic Dust
View Profile
Special user
957 Posts

Profile of Magic Dust
Quote:
On Aug 6, 2021, Tjs3000 wrote:
For those with the stiff inner barrel ... How do I get it out ...

Simply push out fully with a suitable object or pull out should also work
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Perfect Pen by John Cornelius (26 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL