We Remember The Magic Cafť We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Latest and Greatest? Ľ Ľ The Hermes Wallet by Josh Janousky. Presented by Quiver (98 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10~11 [Next]
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
3962 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
I purchased the wallet and watched sections of the EXTENSIVE explanations that I was interested in, particularly the peek. I really like that they slide their drawn on card into the wallet in between a bunch of credit cards, you open the wallet to show them the money inside and in the window they see your ID. You get your peek and read their mind or duplicate their drawing. Excellent combination of methods that combine subtle methods that can be built into the scripting. Nothing better than natural ways to eliminate all possibilities in their mind without having to say anything about proving it is fair. To me, that is the best magic. Whenever a magician is trying to "sell" the audience on how fair it is, I think the routine loses something.

I haven't receive the wallet yet, but I am really thrilled after watching some of the explanation.

KJ
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3603 Posts

Profile of takeachance
It's more of a compact wallet than a minimalist style wallet. Minimalist style wallets are usually just one piece, nothing folding. By the time you put the index in it will certainly bulk it up.
There's many design features I like very much about this, the surface to write on, the peek justification. The card to wallet mainly because I like James Brown Cerebral Steal routine. However the switch would be just as good if not better for that routine. As far as the index goes I think I'd use the switch and keep the outs in another index in my pocket.
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
3962 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Quote:
On Jul 23, 2021, takeachance wrote:
It's more of a compact wallet than a minimalist style wallet. Minimalist style wallets are usually just one piece, nothing folding. By the time you put the index in it will certainly bulk it up.
There's many design features I like very much about this, the surface to write on, the peek justification. The card to wallet mainly because I like James Brown Cerebral Steal routine. However the switch would be just as good if not better for that routine. As far as the index goes I think I'd use the switch and keep the outs in another index in my pocket.


You are right, thanks for the clarification.
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3603 Posts

Profile of takeachance
I was just trying to help out with your index issue with an alternate way of fitting it, as you had a shadow wallet and had a problem with the cards fitting correctly.
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
3962 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Quote:
On Jul 23, 2021, takeachance wrote:
I was just trying to help out with your index issue with an alternate way of fitting it, as you had a shadow wallet and had a problem with the cards fitting correctly.


Yes, I can build an index to fit the wallet and just slide it in. Hopefully it will work well.

KJ
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
3962 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
The cards in the Shadow Wallet take up very little space. I think it will work.
KJ
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
3371 Posts

Profile of warren
Yet another wallet that seemed perfect until I realised there wasn't an actual compartment for you to keep your cash in which is surely the purpose of a wallet :-(

If there is a better way to carry your cash in this wallet without using the money clip or out to lunch could someone let me know ......thanks in advance.
gassaox
View Profile
Loyal user
292 Posts

Profile of gassaox
Quote:
On Jul 24, 2021, warren wrote:
Yet another wallet that seemed perfect until I realised there wasn't an actual compartment for you to keep your cash in which is surely the purpose of a wallet :-(

If there is a better way to carry your cash in this wallet without using the money clip or out to lunch could someone let me know ......thanks in advance.

Yeah I be was thinking the same ,not a fan of money clips on wallets
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5012 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
I only really want wallets that carry notes if I being completely honest.
However as I wouldnít carry my magic wallet as my everyday carry if it can at least hold some notes or at least appear to I donít mind so much.
This wallet has so much going for it that I have bought it anyway and I too donít like money clips but this has the best one I have seen that is internally clipped so you can have has many notes (within reason) you want in there.
As the clip is not seen on the outside of the wallet for all intense and purposes it appears subtlety like a normal billfold when itís closed.
Ekats peek handling is not included in the tutorial but I was being dense at first and 1KJ then Josh kindly told me what I was missing.
That was partly because itís that deceptive and partly as I havenít got the product in hand yet but once you play around with a bit Iím sure you will easily work it out.
I am looking forward to receiving this wallet with more anticipation than most of my others in my collection.
The tutorial had some great ideas on there and the wallet certainly looks one of the best I have seen as it does a lot of things brilliantly, but more importantly one of the best peeks I have ever seen Gaz 😊
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3603 Posts

Profile of takeachance
Gaz, can you still get the peek the same as Ekats peek handling if you have money in the money clip or do you have to change the handling
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5012 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
You can still get that peek which Ekats does as the notes naturally open out as you fold the wallet (unless you deliberately hold them back) Gaz 😊
JustJoshinMagic
View Profile
Special user
Montreal, QC
949 Posts

Profile of JustJoshinMagic
Thank you guys for the kind words. I just wanted to share this great review from the product page

Quote:
A Beautiful Wallet and a Masterclass

Itís Quiver, itís Josh and itís Ellusionist. Itís an amazing wallet. You could just tell itís built to last. This wallet has a very deceptive peek that completely fooled me at first. The card to wallet is super smooth. Great reveal. Out to lunch. Transformer gimmick. You have to see for yourself. Holds quite a bit. I canít say enough. Thatís just about the wallet. The teaching Josh gives you along with the cold reading masterclass with Spidey is over 3 hours long and itís packed full of amazing info. This truly is worth the price of the wallet alone. This is a first class wallet with first class tutorials. Lots of love poured into this project. Iím sure plenty of blood sweat and tears. How can you not appreciate that? Itís been road tested and thatís always appreciate from me. HermŤs is the future of what I want to see from wallets. Itís not your grandfathers wallet. Itís also perfect because it looks and functions just like any quality wallet you can buy online.

Again I wanna say Josh is a stand up dude in this community. Every project is well thought out. HermŤs is nothing less. In fact I say itís his masterpiece.


Also Warren there are three places you can store bills. Either with the money clip, in the elastic band out to lunch area, or in the pocket behind the elastic where you would install the Wallet Transformer. Anyone who knows me, knows that I specialize in bill magic, and I have had zero issue using a money clip to hold my cash. Even before I started working on this wallet, I had been using a money clip a full year prior.

Also the pocket inside is perfect for holding stuff like Extreme Burn. Hope that helps!

The sample wallet I've been using, has been my every day wallet for the past year, so it was important to me that this wallet is able to both hold everything I need and stand up to the wear and tear of day to day life
Check out my magic here:
http://JustJoshinMagic.com

and my official Instagram!
http://instagram.com/JustJoshinMagic
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5012 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Just watched the Spidey masterclass and I agree itís an amazing segment of the overall fantastic tutorial.
I think this wallet is in a different league to a recent one made out of plastic with a fragile zip.
If you can cold read it would have been obvious.
I didnít buy that one and I buy a lot of wallets so that should tell you something Gaz 😊
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3603 Posts

Profile of takeachance
Quote:
On Jul 24, 2021, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
You can still get that peek which Ekats does as the notes naturally open out as you fold the wallet (unless you deliberately hold them back) Gaz 😊


Awesome, thanks mate
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5012 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
No problem my friend Gaz 😊
mindmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1559 Posts

Profile of mindmagic
Quote:
On Jul 21, 2021, JackMagic wrote:
Quote:
On Jul 20, 2021, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
I do like the look of this and also wonder whether itís available in the UK? Gaz 😊


Does look good it is unfortunate that the only place you can get this is from El

Especially as no other dealer appears to be stocking this in the UK

And Ordering from E when you are in the UK is a nightmare!


I was interested until I saw that this is only available from the US. We'd have to pay import taxes on it if ordering from the UK.

Barry
JackMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1930 Posts

Profile of JackMagic
Quote:
On Jul 25, 2021, mindmagic wrote:
Quote:
On Jul 21, 2021, JackMagic wrote:
Quote:
On Jul 20, 2021, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
I do like the look of this and also wonder whether itís available in the UK? Gaz 😊


Does look good it is unfortunate that the only place you can get this is from El

Especially as no other dealer appears to be stocking this in the UK

And Ordering from E when you are in the UK is a nightmare!


I was interested until I saw that this is only available from the US. We'd have to pay import taxes on it if ordering from the UK.

Barry


While I donít mind paying the import tax the last time I ordered from E they put on the custom form
a Higher price than I actually paid so apart. From paying what I should have paid I ended up paying a lot more

Plus the extra admin fee the post office charge

I ended up paying the cost of the items plus 40%

It is a shame you canít order from UK dealer or Direct from the creator
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5012 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
I told them to write educational purposes on the package because you can with magic as it is an eduction.
I have never paid import tax whenever they do write that from anywhere abroad.
Best wishes Gaz 😊
JackMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1930 Posts

Profile of JackMagic
Quote:
On Jul 25, 2021, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
I told them to write educational purposes on the package because you can with magic as it is an eduction.
I have never paid import tax whenever they do write that from anywhere abroad.
Best wishes Gaz 😊


Good Luck let us know how you get on

In fairness I have never had any issues with any dealer other than E

But when you have 20% off sale you would expect the dealer to at least
Put the discounted price you actually paid on the customs form

Not the normal price, I know I am not the only person that has had this issue
but the impression I got from them was tough !
mindmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1559 Posts

Profile of mindmagic
Quote:
On Jul 25, 2021, JackMagic wrote:
Quote:
On Jul 25, 2021, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
I told them to write educational purposes on the package because you can with magic as it is an eduction.
I have never paid import tax whenever they do write that from anywhere abroad.
Best wishes Gaz 😊


Good Luck let us know how you get on

In fairness I have never had any issues with any dealer other than E

But when you have 20% off sale you would expect the dealer to at least
Put the discounted price you actually paid on the customs form

Not the normal price, I know I am not the only person that has had this issue
but the impression I got from them was tough !


I suspect they have to use the full price because it's the "value" of the goods.

I've had success in the past with "educational" too, but I haven't tried it for many years.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Latest and Greatest? Ľ Ľ The Hermes Wallet by Josh Janousky. Presented by Quiver (98 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10~11 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL