The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Hermes Wallet by Josh Janousky. Presented by Quiver (131 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3..11~12~13 [Next]
JustJoshinMagic
View Profile
Special user
Montreal, QC
966 Posts

Profile of JustJoshinMagic
Hey everyone! So for the past few years I have been working on a magic wallet and today it's finally here. I'm proud to present the Hermes Wallet.

The Hermes Wallet, built by Quiver, is a sleek, modern, minimalist wallet that gives you the power to produce signed cards from impossible locations, read minds, and switch one item for another.

You will receive detailed instructions where you will learn multiple routines for each function of the wallet, along with real world performance tips.

Included with the instructions is an hour-long masterclass with mentalism expert Spidey. In it he discusses never-before-released tips and tricks for cold reading (a powerful mentalism technique), along with how to make your mentalism feel more authentic.

Created by myself and manufactured by renowned magic leather experts Quiver (makers of the bestselling Quiver Coin Holder, Quiver+, Quiver Z-Fold Wallet, and more), Hermes can hold anywhere from 6-9 credit cards with ease (depending on your configuration), 10 business cards, your ID, and your cash, all while still being only 1.59 cm thick.

Hermes is designed to be efficient. It’s built from the ground up and every feature was carefully chosen. With one wallet, you really can have it all. At only 11.1cm x 7.62 cm, Hermes is the smallest card-to-wallet on the market.

Inside your wallet you will find a custom built four-way privacy filter to enhance your mind reading and an updated version of Cameron Francis’ fantastic Wallet Transformer (included with his permission).

In addition there is a special Facebook group for owners, to be able to share ideas, and get additional tips and handlings from yours truly.

If you want to know more, Ekaterina has already published a review over on her channel, which you can find here:

I am so proud to finally share this with everyone, and I hope you love it as much as I do.

This magic wallet is ready to be a part of your everyday carry, get yours today.

https://ellusionist.com/products/hermes-wallet
Check out my magic here:
http://JustJoshinMagic.com

and my official Instagram!
http://instagram.com/JustJoshinMagic
dvno
View Profile
Special user
Hamburg
570 Posts

Profile of dvno
This looks quite nice and I think the price is quite reasonable. I might pick this up.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Looks a great wallet shame it doesn’t hold notes properly in the normal fashion as I am a cash merchant but I do still like it Gaz 😊 ps I just wish that wouldn’t wait so long to issue a new wallet to the community
TheGingerWizard
View Profile
Special user
733 Posts

Profile of TheGingerWizard
Quote:
On Jul 19, 2021, pegasus wrote:
Well it’s about time we had another magic wallet released. It’s been at least, um, all of 2 weeks since the last ultimate, 10 years in the making, best wallet ever to date.

There is literally enough for one of these youchoober types to have a 'new wallet of the week' feature!

I'm not having a pop at this particular wallet but like many I have bought countless wallets over the years. After using some more than others, I have come to the conclusion that for me it is much better to have a wallet that does one thing really well. The compromises in these swiss army wallets have always led to me abandoning them. I did have to chuckle at the climax wallet, I was expecting it to also boast a tool for getting stones out of horses hooves.

If I carry a peek wallet I'll do a different card to impossible location (ostin clip, box etc.) If I carry a card to wallet I'll use one of the other countless ways of peeking. Same for switching, indexing etc etc.

If I buy a screwdriver I'll buy a decent one that does the job, not some frankenstein version with a hammer on the end a retractable glass cutter and detachable welding mask which I didn't really need anyway but gives the seller something else to tell you about.

I searched for the holy grail of wallets for ages before I realised this. Now I have a couple of different wallets that do one thing really well and that's close enough for me!

You could argue that for everyday carry its nice to have options? well yeah, but then maybe you are one of these '30 minute act in a wallet' types, and maybe you need to spend more time thinking about your poor participants rather than your wallet?!

Horses for courses as always and if genuinely wanting to show people as much material as you can cram into a wallet is what peels your banana then all power to you! I was so happy when I lost the compunction to buy new wallet every month, and so was the Mrs, it's liberating!
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
I tend to agree with the above post about multi-purpose wallets typically being a jack of all trades but master of none type of thing.
Besides, I'm pretty walleted out at the moment so probably won't be rushing to order this. But I love drooling over them so I am always happy to check them out regardless of how many may be released in any given month.

I do very much like most of the stuff Josh puts out. He's a super creative and clever guy as well as a very talented performer.

Ekat mentions in her video about there being options for the wallet transformer gimmick but I don't see any options being offered at Ellusionist.
Maybe they decided to not offer options, or maybe they decided to just include them all and keep things simple.

Anyway, as I mentioned, I'm good on wallets for a while, but this looks like a nice one from Josh.
But I have to believe that even a market that has so many wallet addicts as the magic market does, it must hurt sales somewhat with 4 or 5 previous wallets coming out in the span of a couple months.
Jacob Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, OH
1880 Posts

Profile of Jacob Smith
Alright.

I'm sold. I love the minimalist design and I need a minimalist wallet that does all these functions.

I'll let you know what I think once I have mine and some time with it.

Jake
Mercury52
View Profile
Inner circle
Kevin Reylek
2240 Posts

Profile of Mercury52
I first met Josh about 10 years ago, and have always found him to be a driven, creative magician when it comes to both performing and creating.

I sent him a message today when I saw that the wallet was released, and he was kind enough to take some time during his lunch break to FaceTime with me and show me several features of the wallet, including the different ways to peek, perform card to wallet, etc.

Like others above, I've come to find that I typically prefer single-function wallets. But the thought that has gone into the Hermes is really something, and I like that there are modular ways of performing the various functions. Whether you prefer a palm or no-palm C2W, you're covered. Depending on how you like to get a peek, you have several options there.

Most of my performing tends to be casual, on-the-spot kind of stuff. Over the years I've carried the Stealth Assassin, the Blind Man's Wallet, and the FPS. All have been great for their own reasons, but I'm strongly considering picking up the Hermes and giving it a whirl. I think there's a lot of bang for the buck being offered here.
Kevin Reylek
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
Have to admit that I do very much like the CTW Ekat demoed utilizing Cameron Francis' Tranformer gimmick.
dman11
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
1068 Posts

Profile of dman11
I really like magic wallets Smile so of course I like the looks of this and even liked last weeks Climax wallet. One thing these 2 wallets did is confirm just how bad Murphys gouged its customers with the Nexus wallet. These last two are priced very fairly at $75 AND genuine leather. The plastic Nexus came in at $110 !!

Looks great Josh, I don't need it but will probably check it out anyway.
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3777 Posts

Profile of takeachance
Three things going for it

1) Genuine leather

2) Ekaterina was working with it, she actually is a busy working performer with a good reputation
If she had genuine issues with it out in the trenches I think she would
politely decline to review it

3) Quiver is making them
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
4) Josh created it and he's a very ingenious dude who knows what works and what doesn’t.

5) Another extra long video (3 hrs) with I'm sure lots of really good info.
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3777 Posts

Profile of takeachance
Very true. Another 2 more reasons to take a good look at this
JustJoshinMagic
View Profile
Special user
Montreal, QC
966 Posts

Profile of JustJoshinMagic
Thank you all for the kind words. Yes, it definitely seems like its the year of the wallet lol.

I just wanted to take some time and answer some common questions I've gotten

What is the wallet made of? - It is made out of genuine leather. This wallet is made to live in your pocket, not your drawer, so its durable and is made to last

What is new about the wallet transformer? - I completely redesigned the gimmick so now you have four possible options, and can make up to two gimmicks. Plus we added a little something extra to make sure it always aligns properly and stays in place.

I've seen a lot multi function wallets, what does this do best? - Honestly, each feature was included for a specific reason. This wasn't a case of me trying to jam in as many features as possible just because I could. I know that typically, multifunctional wallets tend to do a bunch of things ok, but nothing really well. That is NOT the case with Hermes. I designed this to be modular, so you can pick and choose what functions you want to use. Each function works exactly as it should, so I can confidently say that it does everything really well. You are getting three different methods of card to wallet, a really awesome peek (along with a custom made 4 way privacy filter for added security), out to lunch, a switch device, and we even built in a really clever way to do nail writing. You can choose to use all the features, or just one, and you won't be disappointed

I can't palm well. Is there a no palm method? - Yes! Using the Wallet Transformer, you are able to do an amazing no palm method. I also go in detail covering exactly what you need to do to control, steal, and palm a card even if you are an absolute beginner.

Is there a pocket for my bills like a traditional billfold wallet? - There is not. However we do include a removable money clip that you can use. Another option is you can fold up your bills and store them in the out to lunch section. Anyone who is familiar with my work, knows that I'm known for my bill magic. So being able to carry bills with me was very important. So while there isn't a dedicated bill pocket, you are still able to carry all the cash you need (gimmicked or otherwise)

Can this hold packet tricks? - Yes! You can store them in what I refer to the main card to wallet pocket, or you can keep them in the inside pocket.

As always, I support anything I release 100% So if you have any additional questions, please feel free to leave them here, or you can reach me via my website/social media. Just search for JustJoshinMagic and you'll find me
Check out my magic here:
http://JustJoshinMagic.com

and my official Instagram!
http://instagram.com/JustJoshinMagic
Jacob Hanley
View Profile
Regular user
112 Posts

Profile of Jacob Hanley
Quote:
On Jul 19, 2021, videoman wrote:
...Ekat mentions in her video about there being options for the wallet transformer gimmick but I don't see any options being offered at Ellusionist.
Maybe they decided to not offer options, or maybe they decided to just include them all and keep things simple....

Hey sir, I decided to try it out and just finished most of the tutorial, apart from the extra content from Spidey. The transformer gimmick that is included, according to the tutorial, gives you four design options to choose from when making it with the supplies they provide (you can build two different designs with it once you cut it). Josh walks you through how to build the gimmick (not too difficult; it would probably take me around 30 minutes or so as I like to move slow and am detailed while following along with Josh); you will need to supply a card from the deck you are performing with for the back design, some do*&le si&*d t&*e, regular t&*e, ruler, scissors, box cutter or exacto knife, and cutting board. Thank you!
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
Ok, thanks Luke.
So they provide material for 4 options, out of which you can make any 2.
Thanks for clearing that up.
solareflipz
View Profile
Veteran user
Orlando, Fl
308 Posts

Profile of solareflipz
Josh sent me an early prototype a while back and while it doesn't have a couple of the features added to the final product, I can say that the wallet itself is very well-made and is thin enough that I can wear it in my back pocket without having to worry about sciatica.
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
3238 Posts

Profile of NeilS
Just a thought - with all these wallets, is it not time for a separate section on the Forum just for wallets? Or maybe a new site - www.thewalletcafe.com?
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Jul 20, 2021, NeilS wrote:
Just a thought - with all these wallets, is it not time for a separate section on the Forum just for wallets? Or maybe a new site - www.thewalletcafe.com?

What an amazing idea. Please I beg you magic Café to do this.
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
4306 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
Quote:
On Jul 20, 2021, NeilS wrote:

Excellent idea, Neil.
Michael
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
David Numen
View Profile
Inner circle
2077 Posts

Profile of David Numen
Whilst I agree that there is a saturation of wallets on the market I don't think we need a separate "room" or even site. How about, if the glut of wallets offend some of you so much that you consider just not reading the thread? Or commenting on it?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Hermes Wallet by Josh Janousky. Presented by Quiver (131 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3..11~12~13 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL