The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Hermes Wallet by Josh Janousky. Presented by Quiver (131 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10~11~12~13 [Next]
RedDevil
View Profile
Inner circle
Deep South
1315 Posts

Profile of RedDevil
Has anybody actually received this wallet in hand and can talk about what they think about it?
www.reddevilmentalism.com
F-F-U-L-Ri-F-F-Li-R-U-F-F
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On Jul 26, 2021, RedDevil wrote:
Has anybody actually received this wallet in hand and can talk about what they think about it?

I have it in my pocket. I was going to make a short video and compare it with two other wallets I have but it's too late now.

OK, 1) I wish the little flap that holds the card in place on the bottom was a little longer. 2) If someone pushes the biz card in the slot all the way it's hard to get out, sometimes it drags the filter with it. The filter is really dark, really dark. If you don't put enough stuff in the thing with the ribbon pull what you put in there may fall out.

But I've found several ways to overcome some of this stuff.

I do like the money clip as the money can hide the secret spot and you are able to casually lay the wallet on the table open as you get your "impression" hehe

I'm constructing a little contraption to slide in the secret compartment so they can't push the card in all the way and it's a little more open, if you know what I mean.

I like it because it limits what you can do to a few things and this helps focus you on just those few things for a quick set.

I have the old outlaw wallet I had it stuffed with so much stuff I was dizzy in what to do next. haha

so, any way is that what you wanted mr devil?

Sorry to be so cryptic but this isn't a secret area.
JustJoshinMagic
View Profile
Special user
Montreal, QC
966 Posts

Profile of JustJoshinMagic
Hey John! For the filter, make sure you peel off the protective film. There should be one on each side. That should help a bit with the darkness. As for pushing the card in the slot, you do want to make sure that they don’t push it all the way. In theory, because you have other stuff in the first and “third” pocket, they shouldn’t try to push it pass that point. I find it helps to have them put the card in and then you push it in. You also want part of the card showing for the subtlety I discuss on the download.

Hope that helps =]
Check out my magic here:
http://JustJoshinMagic.com

and my official Instagram!
http://instagram.com/JustJoshinMagic
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Thrilled that my Transformer gimmick is included with this excellent wallet. Really great work, Josh!
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
Scott Fridinger
View Profile
Special user
Gloucester Pt, VA
893 Posts

Profile of Scott Fridinger
Wallet came in, it is super nice, exactly what I was looking for in a wallet. I set up the peek, made a few modifications for my use, and I will be using the transformer for CTW. The remaining sections are just for everyday use, and there is enough room for my real world cards. I have to re-watch the instructions, if I added some details that I think might be helpful I can make them available to owners.
www.JustGreatMagic.com
Sleight of Hand, Sleight of Mind
Scott Fridinger
View Profile
Special user
Gloucester Pt, VA
893 Posts

Profile of Scott Fridinger
Quote:
On Jul 26, 2021, John C wrote:
Quote:

I have it in my pocket. I was going to make a short video and compare it with two other wallets I have but it's too late now.

OK, 1) I wish the little flap that holds the card in place on the bottom was a little longer. 2) If someone pushes the biz card in the slot all the way it's hard to get out, sometimes it drags the filter with it. The filter is really dark, really dark. If you don't put enough stuff in the thing with the ribbon pull what you put in there may fall out.

I do like the money clip as the money can hide the secret spot and you are able to casually lay the wallet on the table open as you get your "impression" hehe

I'm constructing a little contraption to slide in the secret compartment so they can't push the card in all the way and it's a little more open, if you know what I mean.

I like it because it limits what you can do to a few things and this helps focus you on just those few things for a quick set.

I have the old outlaw wallet I had it stuffed with so much stuff I was dizzy in what to do next. haha

I worked through the Privacy filter as well, which also prevents the card from going in too deep as well. Be interested in comparing ideas.
www.JustGreatMagic.com
Sleight of Hand, Sleight of Mind
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
What??? No SUC feature???

No seriously. I love the SUC as a supplemental peek, just as it has more than one C2W. Well, I can see where Josh's heart lies. Smile

If Hermes had included an SUC I almost certainly would have purchased one already. But I realize it very well may have been more expensive. But then I believe Josh said himself that sales figures and money were not his primary motivators.

Oh well, perhaps the 2.0 model, eh?
Guess you have to save something for the upgrade version.
JustJoshinMagic
View Profile
Special user
Montreal, QC
966 Posts

Hey guys! In regards to the peek I decided to include on the wallet, this was inspired by a wallet I had made back when I was doing restaurants. With the routine I teach on the project, it seems that the spectator is holding the wallet the entire time, plus you reveal information before you ever get the peek. It was the peek I found the most successful after hundreds of performances night after night

Also I wanted to share this great review from Magic Orthodoxy for those who are on the fence.
Check out my magic here:

John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On Jul 26, 2021, JustJoshinMagic wrote:
Hey John! For the filter, make sure you peel off the protective film. There should be one on each side. That should help a bit with the darkness. As for pushing the card in the slot, you do want to make sure that they don’t push it all the way. In theory, because you have other stuff in the first and “third” pocket, they shouldn’t try to push it pass that point. I find it helps to have them put the card in and then you push it in. You also want part of the card showing for the subtlety I discuss on the download.

Hope that helps =]

Yea, I did take the plastic off. I have another filter from another wallet that is lighter I've replaced it with.

I wish the wallet was just a tiny bit wider makes the no palm a little safer as well as the card lip. A little more leather could have been usd in this area for a bit more confidence in holding the card in place.

Believe me yours isn't my first wallet. That's the challenge when you introduce a wallet most of us have had and thus worked with many many before yours. Lots to compare it to.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On Jul 19, 2021, pegasus wrote:
Well it’s about time we had another magic wallet released. It’s been at least, um, all of 2 weeks since the last ultimate, 10 years in the making, best wallet ever to date.

Pegasus did you get yours yet?
RedDevil
View Profile
Inner circle
Deep South
1315 Posts

Profile of RedDevil
Yes sir! And much appreciated. Thanks for taking the time to respond.

Quote:
On Jul 26, 2021, John C wrote:
Quote:

www.reddevilmentalism.com
F-F-U-L-Ri-F-F-Li-R-U-F-F
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
I will email you them John if you pm me as I don’t know how to upload pictures on here. There are loads and loads in around where I live Gaz 😊
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Jul 28, 2021, John C wrote:
Quote:
On Jul 19, 2021, pegasus wrote:
Well it’s about time we had another magic wallet released. It’s been at least, um, all of 2 weeks since the last ultimate, 10 years in the making, best wallet ever to date.

Pegasus did you get yours yet?

I’ve never used a wallet John as I hate having all my eggs in one basket. In fact when I’m out I use at least 6 pockets to distribute my cards, cash etc.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Thank you so much Pegasus my friend, Gaz 😊
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Just received this in the UK.
No additional postage or tax was added and nothing was written on the envelope regarding its worth etc.
Ironically it was delivered by Hermes which was a nice touch (it actually really was) lol 😂.
First impressions great soft leather, really nice size, clever 4m filter the likes I have not seen in a wallet before.
I will like John C do a couple of tweaks just for my own ease of use (and my OCD).
I buy most wallets and apart from the Omni wallet this has been the one I have been most looking forward to receiving in the last couple of weeks lol (in all seriousness ever).
That’s a lot to do with Ekats peek and also having watched the tutorial lots of times so I knew already it would be great.
What I like about this peek is the wallet is designed so well that you are halfway on the road to the information without even appearing to have done anything.
This is even more prevalent if you are doing Ekats peek because the 2 halves are stepped and there is also the illusion that the back of their card still showing creates.
Like all new wallets it will need breaking in so it’s currently closed back on itself in between a hard back book sandwiched underneath my sofa for 24 hours.
If you have never bought a magic wallet in your life, firstly why not? 😂
Secondly I would highly recommend this one as I can tell you this wallet has honestly been so well thought out and Josh has ticked off and overcome a lot of the compromises you get with others.
Of course it also has a lot more than just the peek, I just haven’t got round to having a go at those yet.
He as also added a touch of genius with the methodology imho Gaz 😊
Ps sorry for rambling and also the grammatical errors but I am more excited than usual
Markymark
View Profile
Inner circle
1691 Posts

Profile of Markymark
Good to hear your thoughts...Oh it's sold out!
I wonder will Craig Petty review this..
''In memory of a once fluid man,crammed and distorted by the classical mess'' -Bruce Lee
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
One other quick thing is I like the money clip and you have to remember that UK notes are wider than US dollars.
So if this was a billfold, UK notes would overhang or hang out a fair amount.
The money clip means you can centre them so it looks good and also flashes the cash more elegantly so to speak Gaz 😊
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
Any word on when these will be available again?
ltrblst
View Profile
Loyal user
226 Posts

Profile of ltrblst
It seems out of stock.

Does anyone know were I can buy one?

I live in Europe.

Thanks.
JustJoshinMagic
View Profile
Special user
Montreal, QC
966 Posts

Thanks Gaz for the great review! I’m glad you’re happy with it.

We currently have more stock on the way to Ellusionist. There should be a reminder notification on the page to sign up for an update as to when they’ll be back in stock.

Also for those of you receiving your wallets, make sure you take the film off of the front and back of the privacy filter, like I mentioned earlier in the thread. Additionally, the material you receive for the Wallet Transformer gimmick is different than the one I used in the video. You will want to cut it in half so you have two pieces that are half as thick, but the same length as the original. I’ve already shared this in the Facebook group (where some people have already shared some great ideas!) but since I know not everyone used Facebook I wanted to post it here as well
Check out my magic here:

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Hermes Wallet by Josh Janousky. Presented by Quiver (131 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10~11~12~13 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL