The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Hermes Wallet by Josh Janousky. Presented by Quiver (131 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7~8~9~10~11~12~13 [Next]
tristanarcinue
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of tristanarcinue
I have been using SAW as my wallet of choice ever since, I hope the Hermes can change that. Waiting for my order to get delivered.
terrillific
View Profile
Loyal user
San Antonio, TX
292 Posts

Profile of terrillific
It's out of stock now.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Aug 9, 2021, JustJoshinMagic wrote:
Hermes is officially back in stock! If you were on the fence, check out some of these fantastic reviews

JustJoshinMagic
View Profile
Special user
Montreal, QC
966 Posts

Profile of JustJoshinMagic
We did sell out the second batch in 24 hours, but good news more are on their way as we speak.

In the meantime, the Wizard Product review just took a look at this and gave it a 92%! You can check out the review here

In regards to using the Wallet Transformer, we specifically phrased it as a switch device rather than a switch wallet, to avoid confusion. Kind of how like a Kennedy box would allow you to swap one card or bill for another. On the download I talk about using it to do a no palm card to wallet, but also using it to do an open prediction/n**l w***ing routine. I also got a great suggestion on Instagram, where someone borrows a bill, "places it in the wallet" for safe keeping and then uses the transformer to swap it for a flash bill so they can do bill to impossible location. Hope that help clears things up!
Check out my magic here:
http://JustJoshinMagic.com

and my official Instagram!
http://instagram.com/JustJoshinMagic
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Aug 13, 2021, JustJoshinMagic wrote:
We did sell out the second batch in 24 hours, but good news more are on their way as we speak.

In the meantime, the Wizard Product review just took a look at this and gave it a 92%! You can check out the review here

In regards to using the Wallet Transformer, we specifically phrased it as a switch device rather than a switch wallet, to avoid confusion. Kind of how like a Kennedy box would allow you to swap one card or bill for another. On the download I talk about using it to do a no palm card to wallet, but also using it to do an open prediction/n**l w***ing routine. I also got a great suggestion on Instagram, where someone borrows a bill, "places it in the wallet" for safe keeping and then uses the transformer to swap it for a flash bill so they can do bill to impossible location. Hope that help clears things up!

You’ve been docked 10 percent for calling them ‘product’ review.
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
3253 Posts

Profile of 252life
Is that Bruce Banner doing the review?
Look for all the world like you're counting the brain cells in his cranium.

-Theodore Annemann
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Good points, Josh. No surprise that Dave and Sean were so keen on the wallet as it's wonderful. And I have to say I was pleased to hear that Dave was so fond of the Wallet Transformer aspect as well. Smile
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
docguitarman
View Profile
Special user
Thousand Oaks, California
888 Posts

Profile of docguitarman
Not clear as to limits of the "switch device." I'm interested in the switching capability. Can it work with Alan Wong's Tyvek Himber envelopes (for obvious reasons?) ?
Phil
Blueroyalty
View Profile
Loyal user
280 Posts

Profile of Blueroyalty
For those of you who are familiar with Darwin Ortiz' An Appointment in Samara, can the Transformer gimmick be used to accomplish the effect in place of a himber wallet? Thanks in advance.
JustJoshinMagic
View Profile
Special user
Montreal, QC
966 Posts

Quote:
On Aug 17, 2021, docguitarman wrote:
Not clear as to limits of the "switch device." I'm interested in the switching capability. Can it work with Alan Wong's Tyvek Himber envelopes (for obvious reasons?) ?
Phil

The Transformer will work with anything the size of a playing card. You would be able to show it in the wallet and upon removing it it has been switched. Hope that helps clear things up a bit.

Quote:
On Aug 17, 2021, Blueroyalty wrote:
For those of you who are familiar with Darwin Ortiz' An Appointment in Samara, can the Transformer gimmick be used to accomplish the effect in place of a himber wallet? Thanks in advance.

I'm personally not familiar with the routine, but if you need to swap one card for another, you could do it two ways. You can either have the card in the wallet from the start and then later reveal when you take it out, that it was the selection. The other option, would require a bit of sleight of hand, but you could have a card selected and then "placed" in the wallet for safe keeping. Later you can then take it out and achieve your switch.

Hopefully that clears things up a bit. As I stated earlier, we are utilizing the Wallet Transformer like you would a Kennedy box, rater than a traditional switch wallet.

Also E got 100 more in today and are already almost sold out. Thank you everyone who has picked one up so far!
Check out my magic here:

docguitarman
View Profile
Special user
888 Posts

Profile of docguitarman
Quote:
On Aug 17, 2021, JustJoshinMagic wrote:
Quote:
On Aug 17, 2021, docguitarman wrote:
Phil

The Transformer will work with anything the size of a playing card. You would be able to show it in the wallet and upon removing it it has been switched. Hope that helps clear things up a bit.

Quote:
On Aug 17, 2021, Blueroyalty wrote:

I'm personally not familiar with the routine, but if you need to swap one card for another, you could do it two ways. You can either have the card in the wallet from the start and then later reveal when you take it out, that it was the selection. The other option, would require a bit of sleight of hand, but you could have a card selected and then "placed" in the wallet for safe keeping. Later you can then take it out and achieve your switch.

Hopefully that clears things up a bit. As I stated earlier, we are utilizing the Wallet Transformer like you would a Kennedy box, rater than a traditional switch wallet.

Also E got 100 more in today and are already almost sold out. Thank you everyone who has picked one up so far!

Thanks for your reply Josh. So I gather the switch device/ capability is Cameron's Wallet Transformer. (Which I should have figured -- but I wanted to be sure!) I'm looking for a clean extraction of an envelope from the wallet with nothing in my hands except the wallet. The switch would be one to select one of two Himber envelopes so I can have a clean looking 4 MOs set up in the wallet. If there is a way to do that I'd be on board!

Regards,
Phil
JustJoshinMagic
View Profile
Special user
Montreal, QC
966 Posts

Hi Phil! In that case you could do it. I would require a l**d of the needed envelope, but would be possible! If you pick up the wallet send me an email with proof of purchase and I can show you a handling to achieve that
Check out my magic here:

docguitarman
View Profile
Special user
888 Posts

Profile of docguitarman
Quote:
On Aug 17, 2021, JustJoshinMagic wrote:
Hi Phil! In that case you could do it. I would require a l**d of the needed envelope, but would be possible! If you pick up the wallet send me an email with proof of purchase and I can show you a handling to achieve that

Thanks Josh. It is the l**d that I am trying to avoid. My procedure I have in mind is lay the wallet openly on the table with nothing else on the table or in view. Announce the prediction is inside. After item is selected. Then pick up the wallet. Pull out the(?) envelope, show wallet clearly empty, devoid of other envelopes inside, open the Alan Wong Himber envelope and show the prediction -- be it a card, prediction slip, etc.

I do like the peek features and the CTW of your wallet. But for the "switch" I'm seeking I believe I need a Himber style wallet that looks like a regular folding wallet for everyday use.

Phil
TomB
View Profile
Veteran user
Michigan, USA
330 Posts

Profile of TomB
Hopefully its stocked soon, my everyday carry has literally fallen apart
JustJoshinMagic
View Profile
Special user
Montreal, QC
966 Posts

Quote:
On Aug 23, 2021, TomB wrote:
Hopefully its stocked soon, my everyday carry has literally fallen apart

You are in luck, these are back in stock now!
Check out my magic here:

Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
It’s a great wallet and also a brilliant EDC imho Gaz 😊
alexK
View Profile
New user
83 Posts

Profile of alexK
I really like my FPS wallet as an EDC, but I have to say this wallet looks so good and many features that I might switch. Order is out.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Put it this way I have never ever used a magic wallet as an EDC before this one.
Purely for 2 reasons 1) I like to keep my magic in great condition 2) I don’t care that it’s supposed to look worn etc etc. I have never subscribed to that thinking as I want my possessions to look great period, magic or otherwise.
However this is the first one in 40 years I have because it is so well made and has so many great functions and gadgets and I love just practising with it going about my daily business.
It acts as a regular wallet so well that it’s my favoured wallet by miles regardless of its incredible magical features.
It’s also built to last and I love the money clip and I hold about £500 cash under it most of the time Gaz 😊
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
3253 Posts

Profile of 252life
Ok so mine just arrived and here's my thoughts in a nutshell, and I know walking in I'm in the minority Smile
I think it's well made, great size, and as described.
No complaints with any of that.
I don't perform CTW but thought it would be a nice option to have. 99% of my (approx 10,000..) wallets are p&&k wallets exclusively and that's my main interest. I mistakenly assumed (...) this had a full card p&&k that could be used without the filter. (I never liked them personally due to lighting limitations etc) This really isn't the case unless I missed something. Sure, you could return to the wallet and be "bold" using no cover aside from angles, but I was under the impression that the full card would be visible. This p$$k is ideal for a word if the word is on a specific portion of the card. I think it's absolutely workable, but much more limiting imo then is afforded by most other wallets tbh. I think if I'm limiting my writing area I'd probably stick with Acidus, a CT, or any number of other approaches.
I trust and appreciate the other opinions here and usually agree but this time it didn't work out. I doubt this will be replacing my edc unfortunately. I think what confused me is seeing one reviewer write dead center on the card, put it back, and say "see I just got my p$$k" after doing what I now know would not have shown that info, only about 30% of the card near one end.
so, enough rambling and maybe I'm missing something embarrassingly obvious and you can all point and laugh Smile
No hard feelings but I'm thinking this one isn't for me. Really to bad since I (again) love the size, material, and where the thinking was headed.
I hope everyone else continues to love theirs, and that you're all having a great day.
Look for all the world like you're counting the brain cells in his cranium.

-Theodore Annemann
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
2827 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
252, thanks for posting your thoughts. I appreciate your perspective and honesty. I’ve been tempted by several recent releases, including this one, but called my sponsor, went to a few meetings, and was able to resist the temptation.

10,000 wallets, you crack me up! But maybe not far from the truth.

A friend asked me to go with him to bring some food to fellow performer who didn’t have money for food. We got there and saw he had magic wallets everywhere. Dozens and dozens of them. Surprised I said, “All these wallets, I thought you didn’t have money for food?”

“I don’t”, he said. “But I never said I didn’t have money for wallets!”

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Hermes Wallet by Josh Janousky. Presented by Quiver (131 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7~8~9~10~11~12~13 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL