We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Palming & Running (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

RussoMagic.com
View Profile
Regular user
186 Posts

Profile of RussoMagic.com
As Magicians, we don't always appreciate a simple palm. We think it's a means to a end... simple to steal & ditch, or add, or in the middle of a routine (say with coins) But, to a laymen, palming isn't really thought about. If you ask one of them to hide something in their hand, more than likely you will a clinched, white-knuckled close fist.

As I've been involved with magic both hobby & professionally closing on 4 decades. Going full circle here, you forget how even palming (classic, finger, back palm, etc.) is a great feat and deception. I got caught Sunday night in a impromptu setting, why? Because, I was running and trying to pocket what I was palming. Which was a device, not coin or card. Later, I palmed a card and made it appear in my cell phone case and got away with, because they were floored!

After almost 40 years, 2 important lessons - Palming is great and more than at a means to a end, it's magically and not thought about as so. And never run, when your not being chase, lose the guilty. Still learning...

PS- I did a paid gig out of my impromptu performing. Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Palming & Running (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL